Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Yankees should call up veteran Jason Lane

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees should call up veteran Jason Lane

He is hitting really well down in Scranton. He would be a great right handed hitter off the bench/spot starter. He can play all 3 outfield spots and 1B. I would either DFA Morgan Ensberg or send down Shelley Duncan to make room for Lane.

Here is his AAA numbers.

Code:

AVG	G	AB	R	HR	RBI     OBP	SLG	OPS
    .253	52	190	34	10	34     .341	.489	.830
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-30-2008 at 12:46 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT?

I like Lane and he could be adequate but more likely as is the case with Duncan, he is a AAAA player. Does ok at AAA where the best pitching propects usually aren't pitching in opposing teams systems while not quite good enough for the bigs. Of all the throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks signings, I like him the best however.

Interesting blurb on Farnsworth hype which has died down from where it was 10 days ago:
    Much has been made of Kyle Farnsworth's improvement from his first two seasons as a Yankee, but a look at the statistics indicates he has not been much better in his third season.

Though his 4.24 ERA is lower than the 4.36 in 2006 and 4.80 in 2007, Farnsworth has given up 27 hits in 231/3 innings. Two years ago, he allowed 62 hits in 66 innings and last year 60 in 60.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    GREAT?

I like Lane and he could be adequate but more likely as is the case with Duncan, he is a AAAA player. Does ok at AAA where the best pitching propects usually aren't pitching in opposing teams systems while not quite good enough for the bigs. Of all the throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks signings, I like him the best however.

Interesting blurb on Farnsworth hype which has died down from where it was 10 days ago:
    Much has been made of Kyle Farnsworth's improvement from his first two seasons as a Yankee, but a look at the statistics indicates he has not been much better in his third season.

Though his 4.24 ERA is lower than the 4.36 in 2006 and 4.80 in 2007, Farnsworth has given up 27 hits in 231/3 innings. Two years ago, he allowed 62 hits in 66 innings and last year 60 in 60.
    Do you like playing the role of *******?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-30-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think he is ready i live right by there stadium and went to there games and he does not look like he is good enough to play on the yankees ensberg and duncan are way better options in my opinion

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NyJetsWiz718 View Post
    I don't think he is ready i live right by there stadium and went to there games and he does not look like he is good enough to play on the yankees ensberg and duncan are way better options in my opinion
    Have you seen Ensberg and Duncan hit this year? Yeah me neither. It's worth a shot. Ensberg hasn't hit in 3 years, Duncan is not a very good hitter, plain and simple. Pretty ugly hitter if you ask me.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-30-2008 at 01:11 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's worth a shot, but those stats don't really impress me all that much. Duncan was hitting better than that in his time at Scranton this year and look how that has translated up here in the bigs.

http://firstinning.com/players/Shelley-Duncan-a

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    It's worth a shot, but those stats don't really impress me all that much. Duncan was hitting better than that in his time at Scranton this year and look how that has translated up here in the bigs.

http://firstinning.com/players/Shelley-Duncan-a
    Duncan only hits mistakes, that translates well to AAA.