Thread: No "Classy Mets' Fans" Thread from our Yankee Bretheren?

Jets Insider VIP

No "Classy Mets' Fans" Thread from our Yankee Bretheren?

Mets-Dodgers, Torre comes out in the 7th to make a pitching change and Mets fans give him a standing ovation (at least large rounds of applause) which causes Torre to tip his cap to the crowd while walking back to the dugout.

For all the crap Yankees fans give Mets fans about being 2nd class citizens and jealous, whiny haters, you would think something would be pointed out about this .....

Oh well. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Well, I wasn't watching the game, so I didn't see it. Nice move by Mets fans though. Even cretins can appreciate greatness

By the way, what's with this thread? Seeking approval from Yankees fans and whining when you don't get it? Seems kind of 2nd class to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    By the way, what's with this thread? Seeking approval from Yankees fans and whining when you don't get it? Seems kind of 2nd class to me.

Just surprised that's all. For all the "we're better than you" Yankees fans exude I just expected more out of you guys. I guess you really did have me tricked.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Just surprised that's all. For all the "we're better than you" Yankees fans exude I just expected more out of you guys. I guess you really did have me tricked.
    Sounds like you have serious self-esteem fandom issues. Typical of Mets fans, really.

Seriously, though, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. It's a nice gesture, sure, but Torre was a staple in NYC for over 10 years, a future Hall of Famer, and is one of the nicest guys in the game of baseball. What were you guys gonna do, boo him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Seriously, though, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. It's a nice gesture, sure, but Torre was a staple in NYC for over 10 years, a future Hall of Famer, and is one of the nicest guys in the game of baseball. What were you guys gonna do, boo him?
    Haha. You're reading way too far into the post my friend. If you really want the truth it was nothing but a way for me to take an in-direct shot at Spankees fans who always try and call us classless. We did something classy (for once in our lives ) yet not one Yankee fan made a post about it. If Mets fan did indeed boo him I'm sure there would have been 6 threads started simultaneously about how disgusting Mets fans are.

Just saying. Go easy there Sigmund.

LOL at this thread.

Yeah, I didn't watch the game.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-30-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hysterical. Begging for some kudos. All you're doing is proving the point of how pathetic you guys are.

Honestly though, if Torre was given a nice hand (I also wasn't watching), then ok, but no one's patting you on the back for acting in an appropriate manner. That's what you're supposed to do as baseball fans and human beings. I certainly wasn't expecting Boston-type behavior out of you guys. Even you're better than that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Begging for some kudos. All you're doing is proving the point of how pathetic you guys are.
    This is not begging for kudos or proving patheticness in anyway. All I'm saying is that Yankees fans like to try and come off as better than everyone else. You're not as classy as you all think ....

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Torre is an ex-met, ex-met manager and we were winning. That is why he received the round of applause.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't remember a Yankees fan ever claiming that Mess fans have no class (well, maybe with one exception on this board, but that has nothing to do with what team the person roots for).

Boston fans? Yes. It's been said, many times, and for good reason. Mess fans? Words like "pathetic", "jealous", "lame", "homerific". Maybe those. But not "classless".