Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The Mets and their fragile state of mind

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mets and their fragile state of mind

This game is most likely a L

Now comes the hard part, lets see how they come out tomorrow, this team sometimes this year seems to sulk. They fought back all night tonight and had it blow up in there face after they finally took the lead. and add to that fro m one of the main culprits that had looked before tonights outing to regaining some confidence

Tomorrow is key they have to come out with the same energy they have had the past few nights. The desire to win. If they come out draggin their ass might as well pack it in if this roster doesnt drastically change. If they come fired up again and put this bad loss (in baseball terms) in their back pocket there is still hope

OT a lil this is prettty sad that i have to wonder if the team can bounce back from a game that was a back and forth battle but lost

Mets , jets knicks, rangers...i have to enjoy misery

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even in a loss I thought there were positive signs, they battled back from 3-0defecit, from being down 4-3, eventually got the lead. Sure, Heilman blew it, but even then I never really felt like they were mailing it in.

But yeah, tomorrow is huge for the psyche of the team. 2 losses in a row and you have to wonder if some of those doubts will begin to creep back into their minds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Even in a loss I thought there were positive signs, they battled back from 3-0defecit, from being down 4-3, eventually got the lead. Sure, Heilman blew it, but even then I never really felt like they were mailing it in.

But yeah, tomorrow is huge for the psyche of the team. 2 losses in a row and you have to wonder if some of those doubts will begin to creep back into their minds.
    arent you Mets fans that were saying three days ago that it is as big a regular season game as it could be? In May? Drama Queens....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heilman gets paid to hold the 8th inning lead. May need refocusing in AAA.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    arent you Mets fans that were saying three days ago that it is as big a regular season game as it could be? In May? Drama Queens....
    When you lose 7 of 8 or so and have your ace on the mound, that's as close to a must win game as it gets, no?

Yeah, it's only May, but the rest of the season is meaningless if you fall out of the race.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;2563285]When you lose 7 of 8 or so and have your ace on the mound, that's as close to a must win game as it gets, no?

Yeah, it's only May, but the rest of the season is meaningless if you fall out of the race.[/QUOT

the answer to your question is NO!.....dude there has never been a must win game in May in the history of baseball...it may be win or lose in the career of the manager, but not the team....Mets fans are so dramatic!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you lose 7 of 8 or so and have your ace on the mound, that's as close to a must win game as it gets, no?

Yeah, it's only May, but the rest of the season is meaningless if you fall out of the race.
    You don't fall out of the race in May...only if you are talentless and 20 behind...Yankee fans deal with this crap every year...deal with it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough to get a bounceback win when you got Pelfrey pitching

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree there were alot of positive signs and the attitude was there that is needed to be successful. they fought hill all night and took the lead finally, but it was all for not. I just hope that they dont sulk because after all that battling they still lost. I want them to come out like they did tonite tomorrow and ill feel better