Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Baseball America's Top 200 Draft Prospects

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best post by you in a LONG time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being that Eric Hosmer is a Boras client, I think there is a good chance he drops to the Yankees. Well that is what I'm hoping for at least.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Hosmer drops past 10, I'd be shocked.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    If Hosmer drops past 10, I'd be shocked.
    I would of said the same thing for Rick Porcello, Matt LaPorta, Josh Smoker, Matt Mangini last year
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-02-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I would of said the same thing for Rick Porcello, Matt LaPorta, Josh Smoker, Matt Mangini last year
    Except more and more teams are planning on foregoing the Slotting System.

He won't fall. In fact, I'd be shocked if he lasts past Baltimore at #4.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Except more and more teams are planning on foregoing the Slotting System.

He won't fall. In fact, I'd be shocked if he lasts past Baltimore at #4.
    I doubt it. First 5 players taken will probably be Buster Posey, Pedro Alvarez, Tim Beckham, Justin Smoak, and Gordon Beckham

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt it. First 5 players taken will probably be Buster Posey, Pedro Alvarez, Tim Beckham, Justin Smoak, and Gordon Beckham
    Maybe, I can't imagine why you would take Smoak before Hosmer though, other then financial reasons. And the Orioles shelled out the big bucks last year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe, I can't imagine why you would take Smoak before Hosmer though, other then financial reasons. And the Orioles shelled out the big bucks last year.
    I personally would take Smoak over Hosmer, but Hosmer might have the higher ceiling. MLB draft is fun, looking forward to it. It's televised this year. WOO!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also didn't name Brian Matusz and Aaron Crow the top 2 pitching prospects.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also didn't name Brian Matusz and Aaron Crow the top 2 pitching prospects.
    Based on what I've read, I thought Scheppers was the best pitcher before he got hurt. Honestly, as long as his future outlook looks okay I'd still take him and let him rehab.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on what I've read, I thought Scheppers was the best pitcher before he got hurt. Honestly, as long as his future outlook looks okay I'd still take him and let him rehab.
    Brackman was suppose to be the 2nd pitcher taking after Prise, but when he got hurt he dropped.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brackman was suppose to be the 2nd pitcher taking after Prise, but when he got hurt he dropped.
    I think you're forgetting about someone named Porcello ...... but yeah, point taken.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you're forgetting about someone named Porcello ...... but yeah, point taken.
    EDIT: I think you're right, lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rumor has it that the Royals are strongly considering Hosmer at 3. Obviously I also hope that he falls to us, but with the Tigers and DBacks ahead of us, they could also take him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rays with the #1 pick and we may see this guy as well before long.

News: David Price has yet to allow a run in three starts, posting a 19-2 K-BB mark in 18 innings with just eight hits allowed. He allowed three hits and a walk in seven scoreless innings and struck out six Monday. "He attacks hitters by throwing strike one with all three (pitches)," Vero Beach manager Jim Morrison told Baseball America.

"It's such quality stuff that it's very difficult for hitters." A scout told the paper the lefty was "hitting 96-97 mph, commanding his fastball in every quadrant of the strike zone and coming after hitters on the inside part of the plate." His fastball is complemented with a "plus-plus slider and an above-average changeup." "He's got a late-biting slider that breaks right before it gets to the hitter," Morrison told the paper. "It's sharp, it's got lots of bite to it, so it freezes hitters at times or they swing over it."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post

News: David Price has yet to allow a run in three starts, posting a 19-2 K-BB mark in 18 innings with just eight hits allowed. He allowed three hits and a walk in seven scoreless innings and struck out six Monday. "He attacks hitters by throwing strike one with all three (pitches)," Vero Beach manager Jim Morrison told Baseball America.

"It's such quality stuff that it's very difficult for hitters." A scout told the paper the lefty was "hitting 96-97 mph, commanding his fastball in every quadrant of the strike zone and coming after hitters on the inside part of the plate." His fastball is complemented with a "plus-plus slider and an above-average changeup." "He's got a late-biting slider that breaks right before it gets to the hitter," Morrison told the paper. "It's sharp, it's got lots of bite to it, so it freezes hitters at times or they swing over it."
    Price, Kershaw, Bruce, Weiters.....all on my fantasy team (keeper league)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post

Price is scary good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Price is scary good.
    I like how he matched up against Pedro in his rehab start, and actually went and outpitched Pedro.

The kids got talent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it's going to be Beckham (Tim) #1 Overall.

Posey reportably asked for 12 million!

D-Rays On Beckham (or, Money Changes Everything)

by Kevin Goldstein

As we close in on midnight, the draft is still, well, pretty much a mess, but there looks to be some direction finally with the Rays at number one overall. It’s not because they’ve made a decision on who is the best player, and it’s not because they’ve decided to go for ceiling (Tim Beckham) over certainty (Buster Posey). It’s because of money. On the final night of the draft, many decisions are made with checkbooks. Teams looking at multiple players begin to make calls to agents to gauge signability, and those discussions can help steer teams one way or the other. Late this evening, multiple sources have indicated as to Buster Posey’s draft-eve asking price, and it’s a doozy at $12 million. Right now, that looks like more than enough to make up the Rays mind, and they’ll likely be taking Tim Beckham unless that number reverses dramatically in the next 12 hours. The real question is to the reason for the number, as some believe it’s a posturing maneuver to drop Posey to a team with deeper pockets, though many feel that strategy would backfire, and somebody with a early pick will call the bluff.
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=893