Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs Blue Jays @ Yankee Stadium

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees vs Blue Jays @ Yankee Stadium

Toronto Blue Jays
    vs.
    New York Yankees

Pitching Matchups:

Tonight: RHP Roy Halladay vs. RHP Joba Chamberlain 7:05

Wednesday: RHP Jesse Litsch vs. RHP Mike Mussina 7:05

Thursday: RHP Dustin McGowan vs. RHP Chien-Ming Wang 1:05
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-03-2008 at 05:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look how fresh that Blue Jays logo looks. Anyways I'm going tonight, me and my brothers are bringing my grandfather. He's the biggest fan I know and he hasn't been to the stadium in like 10 years. Hope its a good one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The scary thing with the Blue Jays is every single game you look at their pitcher and say they have a very good chance of winning that game.

Tonight will be a tough one to win. Joba will probably only go 4 (ideally 5) and Halladay will be nasty against us as he always is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt it happens, but say Joba gives up only a hit or two and he's reached his limit. They pull him anyway, right? Or do you think they'll wait for him to tire?

I'm assuming they'll pull him just to not push him into an injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Halladay owns us so badly. Whatever it is this is an exciting day to be a Yankees fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Halladay owns us so badly. Whatever it is this is an exciting day to be a Yankees fan.
    Its kinda scary how much they are hyping this game up. I mean Joba is only pitching 4-5 innings. There making it sound like Joba is the answer, when really he'll probably have to go through the same hard times Kennedy and Hughes and every other pitcher had to go through early in there careers.

Joba is going to throw more curves and changes tonight, those are the pitches that have gotten him into trouble. A lot of people expect him to be untouchable and thats just not going to happen. Mike and the Maddog will be the first to get on him about that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Its kinda scary how much they are hyping this game up. I mean Joba is only pitching 4-5 innings. There making it sound like Joba is the answer, when really he'll probably have to go through the same hard times Kennedy and Hughes and every other pitcher had to go through early in there careers.

Joba is going to throw more curves and changes tonight, those are the pitches that have gotten him into trouble. A lot of people expect him to be untouchable and thats just not going to happen. Mike and the Maddog will be the first to get on him about that.
    I highly doubt he struggles like Kennedy/Hughes. Theirs a big difference between sitting at 91 and sitting at 96, especially when your secondary pitch is just as good.

4IP 1ER 2BB 5SO <--- IMO

eLOT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post

I gotta agree with you, the hype is scary IMO because it could affect this kids confidence. Listen, I am just excited to see him deal with a GAME rather then an INNING. We know what we got with him in the bullpen but don't know what we have as a starter, and even if he gets one win, well then he's technically better the Hughes and Kennedy no? I think Hughes will turn out to be a solid #3 starter, he's got good stuff and he's 21 for the love of god!! He'll turn it around, Kennedy I'm not that sure on to be honest.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankees will probably call Jason Lane up tonight and send Shelly Duncan back to Scranton. Lane can opt out of his deal if he is not on the big league club by today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elot View Post
    I highly doubt he struggles like Kennedy/Hughes. Theirs a big difference between sitting at 91 and sitting at 96, especially when your secondary pitch is just as good.

4IP 1ER 2BB 5SO <--- IMO

eLOT
    4.1 IP
    3 ER
    3 BB
    4 Hits

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joba should mow down this weak line-up. Problem is Halladay will be around more than likely for 8 or 9 innings.

Hype by the Yanks is way overboard. Has not been this bad since....well Hughes and Kennedy.

Enjoy Yankee fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hype hasn't been like this for a first start since Brien Taylor. I'm trying to keep my expectations low for this game, but now that its getting close, this is pretty exciting...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap, I didn't expect this much hype...

I'd be shaking in my boots if I was him. Crowd is electric.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allright, let's go Joba!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many pitches.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    was just about to say that tyler. He's gotta try and get people OUT not STRIKE THEM OUT.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jays are taking everything, as expected.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horse **** balk call..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just throw it over the plate Joba, They ain't gonna hit it.Should be using the slider later in the count.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way this is going, no way Joba goes 4 innings.

EDIT: or 3