Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Yankees vs Blue Jays @ Yankee Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    And to think you guys actually compared him to Maine.

Inning should have been over due to Jays baserunning blunder but a certain 4th OF dropped the ball.

They were right, Wang and Maine should not be mentioned in the same breath.....It is a disservice to Maine..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    What has happened to Wang? 17 earned runs in his last 3 starts. Just awful.
    From what I can tell, he looked great early. I have to watch the tape, but apparently partially victimized by an error and a dribbler hit. Still, he's gotta step up and get the outs afterwards, instead of following it up with a double.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    They were right, Wang and Maine should not be mentioned in the same breath.....It is a disservice to Maine..
    Here we go again...

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Here we go again...

Pathetic

Yes, Wang certainly has been pathetic.....Glad we can agree!..

Holy Crap!

First Cole, Now This!! Wooo Giambino!

This may be dramatic, but I feel like I just dropped a load, that was a GRITTY comeback man.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Holy Crap!

First Cole, Now This!! Wooo Giambino!
    UNREAL!!!!!

All League
    They still make me sick to my stomach!

Definitely a great day for the Yanks!

Wow just got back and saw the Giambi hi-lite.....Great win. After Damon's shot just missed in the 8th I left and figured my fantasy bust SP was giving me another loss.

That HR takes the spotlight off of another Wang mess of an outing. The difference between Wang and Maine is Maine can survive not having one pitch working. Wang still cannot.

Big HR for the guy some wanted DFA'd.

Great win. Congrats.

Wang isn't throwing the slider effectively. I just don't think he's right. He was dominant throwing the fastball/sinker/slider for 6 games and then poof gone. His wildness makes me feel like there is SOMETHING wrong you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I still want to know who was the primary supporter in the organization of signing LaTroy Hawkins. It is puzzling.
    Me thinks it was Cashman. I don't think Hank or Hal or anyone else puts out orders to sign the likes of Hawkins. It was a one year deal and they felt they needed a vet.

This bullpen will have a makeover at some point this season. I think if you limit Ohlendorf to a one inning role then he can be a strength. Cox will likely be up at some point to be another 7th inning option, possibly Robertson. But for another power arm, you need to look at McCutchen or Kontos. Kontos is an under the radar prospect with the big fastball and slider...perfect for a future set up man. We shall see. Melancon is no doubt the future closer. I am fascinated by the arm strength building going on with him...quite a few 3 inning plus appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Wang isn't throwing the slider effectively. I just don't think he's right. He was dominant throwing the fastball/sinker/slider for 6 games and then poof gone. His wildness makes me feel like there is SOMETHING wrong you know?

Yeah but the problem is this is similiar to last October. Hopefully it's mechanics but you can't 100% trust this guy game 1 and 4 in the play-offs IMO. You may get the Wang that breezes through 8 innings with 90 pitches or more likely you get what we saw today.

Rotoworld nails it:
    In his last four starts, he's allowed 23 earned runs in 23 2/3 innings. He's not putting his sinker where he needs to, and he doesn't have a whole lot else to fall back on.
    Last edited by chad101; 06-05-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yeah but the problem is this is similiar to last October. Hopefully it's mechanics but you can't 100% trust this guy game 1 and 4 in the play-offs IMO. You may get the Wang that breezes through 8 innings with 90 pitches or more likely you get what we saw today.

Rotoworld nails it:
    In his last four starts, he's allowed 23 earned runs in 23 2/3 innings. He's not putting his sinker where he needs to, and he doesn't have a whole lot else to fall back on.
    Eh, I kinda agree with that, truthfully if he's spotting his other pitches, namely fastballs people will swing over the top of that sinker. It's the other pitches I've seen from him that he's wild with now that make it easy to sit on a straight fastball and ANY Major League hitter is gonna hit that. He's been down right horrible the past 4 games. That's what scares me, 6-0 and then it's gone. Him and Cano were sore spots today as well as Melky's botched play. It was a gritty win and exciting, but I hope Girardi doesn't just slap them on the butt and say "Great job guys!" cause it was a sloppy game.

my knees buckle everytime i see farnsworth coming out to pitch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    my knees buckle everytime i see farnsworth coming out to pitch.
    my stomach turns