Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petey's Return

Petey's Return

Yes!

And last night was a game to put in a bottle and throw in the ocean. OP was terrible, we lost before it started.

Wow no mention of Pedros strong outing with the ball and the bat, 2-3, RBI, R. Where is all the Pedro love?

Is it possible everyone is caught up in the 2.1 inning gem pitched in the Bronx...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Wow no mention of Pedros strong outing with the ball and the bat, 2-3, RBI, R. Where is all the Pedro love?

Is it possible everyone is caught up in the 2.1 inning gem pitched in the Bronx...
    No haven't you heard. Thats JUST what everyone expected and not a big deal.

Was Pedro on any kind of pitch limit last night? I noticed he threw 109 pitches and was a little surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Was Pedro on any kind of pitch limit last night? I noticed he threw 109 pitches and was a little surprised.
    From what I was hearing before the start they said there was not a limit but they expected him to throw 90 or some odd pitches. When he left after the fifth he had thrown 90 or so but he told Willie he felt strong and they sent him back out there for the 6th. I was also wondering if he was going to pitch after he sat for 30 mins in the cold while the Mets put an 8 spot in the fifth, he did and managed to do prety well despite the long lay off.

He also hit 92 on the gun which from what I hear might be the hardest he has evern thrown as a Met

A rare good omen for Mets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    No haven't you heard. Thats JUST what everyone expected and not a big deal.
    Last nigtht was an obvious downer for Yankee fans despite what they say. Even though he pitched well enough. To walk 3, throw 38 pitches in the first, and not make it past the 3rd did not live up the "second coming of christ" hype that surrounded his first start.

Also if I was a fan I would be very very concerned about the 8th and even 7th innings now, they need to find a solid reliever fast.

Pedro was good and velocity was nice. Sat in upper 80s to low 90s the 5 innings I saw him pitch.

All League
    I was also wondering if he was going to pitch after he sat for 30 mins in the cold while the Mets put an 8 spot in the fifth, he did and managed to do prety well despite the long lay off.
    He wasn't sitting around, he was running the bases, which probably helped him.

Last nigtht was an obvious downer for Yankee fans despite what they say. Even though he pitched well enough. To walk 3, throw 38 pitches in the first, and not make it past the 3rd did not live up the "second coming of christ" hype that surrounded his first start.

Also if I was a fan I would be very very concerned about the 8th and even 7th innings now, they need to find a solid reliever fast.
    As a Yankee fan, I have become very concerned about how we will get to Mariano even though I am in favor of him becoming a starter. But I honestly was not all that disappointed by the start last night. The Jays knew he was on a pitch count so they went up there and made him throw pitches. I would have like to have seen him do better obviously, but it really wasn't that disappointing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    As a Yankee fan, I have become very concerned about how we will get to Mariano even though I am in favor of him becoming a starter. But I honestly was not all that disappointed by the start last night. The Jays knew he was on a pitch count so they went up there and made him throw pitches. I would have like to have seen him do better obviously, but it really wasn't that disappointing for me.

He looked fine last night, control issues early but rebouned when he had to and came through with some big Ks. Future is very bright and if he wasn't one of the top pitchers in the league, as well as the Yankees ace, in a few years from now I would be very suprised.

But it all comes at a price and this season that price will be no playoffs...

but I have been wrong before.

He looked fine last night, control issues early but rebouned when he had to and came through with some big Ks. Future is very bright and if he wasn't one of the top pitchers in the league, as well as the Yankees ace, in a few years from now I would be very suprised.

But it all comes at a price and this season that price will be no playoffs...

but I have been wrong before.
    I've stated before that despite how this team has bounced back from slow starts the past couple seasons, that I just have a gut feeling that they won't do it this year. Who knows what kind of trade could be made that could turn things around, or maybe the return of Posada, or maybe Hughes comes back and does a nice job. I just have a feeling this isn't our year.

Hall Of Fame

And this, a Pedro thread, has been hijacked into a Joba thread, by a Mets fan.

What does that tell you?

All Pro

Maybe its because everyone is waiting for Petey's next trip to the DL

Pedro is still great when he's healthy, hopefully he can give us a good 20 starts by staying healthy for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post

What does that tell you?
    30 posts about Joba during and after the game going into this morning around 11am and only one post about Pedro which was made prior to the start.

Forgive me for stating the obvious.

What does that tell you?
    That you guys need a....

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Maybe its because everyone is waiting for Petey's next trip to the DL

So they don't want to analyze a strong 6 inning start where he got a win, threw as hard and harder than he ever has as a Met, and went 2 for 3 at the plate?

Your weak attempt at an insult would be better if it actually made sense.

Stick to analyzing the 2.1 innings of fury.

[QUOTE=Tony Danza;2569603]So they don't want to analyze a strong 6 inning start where he got a win, threw as hard and harder than he ever has as a Met, and went 2 for 3 at the plate?

Your weak attempt at an insult would be better if it actually made sense.

Stick to analyzing the 2.1 innings of fury.[/QUOTE]

LOL....wonder what the combined ERA and WHIP of "generation trey" is when starting?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    That you guys need a....

What guys? Did you miss the part where the Joba discussion in a Pedro thread was starting by a Mets fan?

Why don't you discuss Pedro? Yeah, you guys have no Yankee hang-ups

What guys? Did you miss the part where the Joba discussion in a Pedro thread was starting by a Mets fan?

Why don't you discuss Pedro? Yeah, you guys have no Yankee hang-ups
    I'd hardly call a 1 line punchline starting a conversation.

But that's okay, keep on crying.