Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petey's Return

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I'd hardly call a 1 line punchline starting a conversation.

But that's okay, keep on crying.
    Who's crying? More like laughing. I don't see one Yankee fan complaint here or anywhere concerning Joba's start. I think I speak for all of us when I say that this is actually pretty entertaining for us.

Joba and Pedro are a 90 year old apple and and a 20 year old orange, and you guys are the ones that insist on making the comparisons, just further proving how lame your Yankee hatred and obessession is. It's pretty amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Who's crying? More like laughing. I don't see one Yankee fan complaint here or anywhere concerning Joba's start. I think I speak for all of us when I say that this is actually pretty entertaining for us.

Joba and Pedro are a 90 year old apple and and a 20 year old orange, and you guys are the ones that insist on making the comparisons, just further proving how lame your Yankee hatred and obessession is. It's pretty amusing.
    Funny, judging by this and numerous other threads, you're the only one on here with an obsession.

Jets Insider VIP
    Funny, judging by this and numerous other threads, you're the only one on here with an obsession.

Now you're just boring me with your denial.

Now you're just boring me with your denial.
    If you weren't always making baseless accusations about some "Baby Brother Syndrome" when someone makes a joke, then I wouldn't have to put you in your place.

But since you constantly have your panties in a bunch, I'll leave you with this.

Side Dish

While you may have heard that Yankees Joba Chamberlain, Tyler Clippard, Ian Kennedy and Jeff Karstens were hanging at The Plumm last week celebrating Joba's 22nd birthday, the best part was left out: The fellas were having such a good time, they took turns giving each other lap dances.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/ru..._oblivion.html

Have fun with Generation Gay.

Ironic how you are the one trolling in a Pedro thread and claiming Mets fans are obsessed with the Yankees.

Back on topic...

I read that the cold weather in SF was hurting Pedro's breaking pitches to the point where he didn't feel comfortable throwing them. He went 6 innings with 3er relying mostly on his fastball.

Who would have thought that?

Maybe I am drinking the kool aid ( I definately am) but I think his comeback is the last piece to 2008 NL East title and deep playoff run (NO JINX)

Jets Insider VIP
    If you weren't always making baseless accusations about some "Baby Brother Syndrome" when someone makes a joke, then I wouldn't have to put you in your place.

But since you constantly have your panties in a bunch, I'll leave you with this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/ru..._oblivion.html

Have fun with Generation Gay.
    I haven't laughed harder in weeks when I did when I read that you think you have "put me in my place".

You are funny as hell. Unintentionally, yet, hysterical nonetheless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Ironic how you are the one trolling in a Pedro thread and claiming Mets fans are obsessed with the Yankees.
    I was reading a baseball thread, because I'm a baseball fan. I expected it to be about Pedro's first start. Instead, it became a Joba thread. Plain and simple. And pathetic.

You've never posted in a Yankee- related thread?

I was reading a baseball thread, because I'm a baseball fan. I expected it to be about Pedro's first start. Instead, it became a Joba thread. Plain and simple. And pathetic.

You've never posted in a Yankee- related thread?
    Ummm the title of the thread is Petey (Pedro) the main topic of the posts were directed towards Pedro's outing, until you came along of course, so I fail to see how this thread became a Joba thread...until your trolling made it one.

And of course I post in Yankee related threads. What I don't do is post garbage not related to the topic and start accusing everyone of being obessesd with other teams just because they referece them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummm the title of the thread is Petey (Pedro) the main topic of the posts were directed towards Pedro's outing, until you came along of course, so I fail to see how this thread became a Joba thread...until your trolling made it one.
    The very first reponse in the thread. Posted by YOU. With a follow up by our buddy FF2. Read them again. Thanks for playing.

The very first reponse in the thread. Posted by YOU. With a follow up by our buddy FF2. Read them again. Thanks for playing.
    "Wow no mention of Pedros strong outing with the ball and the bat, 2-3, RBI, R. Where is all the Pedro love?

Is it possible everyone is caught up in the 2.1 inning gem pitched in the Bronx..."

So this one line remark at the end of my post makes this a Joba thread?

Wow you are really grasping at straws here.

It is clear you do not want to admit you were the one stirring the pot here expanding on the Joba situation. THe only reason I mentioned it was because it was relevant to the lack of Pedro posts, as all the baseball forum posters were busy commenting on Joba and not one was made about Pedro. I guess I should have known better than to mention his name because automatically the title of the thread changes to "JOBA" right?

So this one line remark at the end of my post makes this a Joba thread?

Wow you are really grasping at straws here.
    He's obsessed, I'm telling ya.

It's pathetic really.

Jets Insider VIP
    One liner, huh? Man, you have a short memory...

Post # 6, before I ever chimed in:

Last nigtht was an obvious downer for Yankee fans despite what they say. Even though he pitched well enough. To walk 3, throw 38 pitches in the first, and not make it past the 3rd did not live up the "second coming of christ" hype that surrounded his first start.

Also if I was a fan I would be very very concerned about the 8th and even 7th innings now, they need to find a solid reliever fast.
    Interesting thoughts on Pedro.

Post #18:

[QUOTE=chad101;2569610]
    So they don't want to analyze a strong 6 inning start where he got a win, threw as hard and harder than he ever has as a Met, and went 2 for 3 at the plate?

Your weak attempt at an insult would be better if it actually made sense.

Stick to analyzing the 2.1 innings of fury.[/QUOTE]

LOL....wonder what the combined ERA and WHIP of "generation trey" is when starting?
    Actually bothered to mention Pedro, but had to throw in a Joba comment too. Wouldn't be a real Mets fan if he didn't try to measure up against Big Brother, I guess.

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2570981]One liner, huh? Man, you have a short memory...

Post # 6, before I ever chimed in:

Interesting thoughts on Pedro.

Post #18:

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post

Actually bothered to mention Pedro, but had to throw in a Joba comment too. Wouldn't be a real Mets fan if he didn't try to measure up against Big Brother, I guess.

Way to cherry pick...those comments were answering remarks from other people...like I am doing here...Why I am bothering is unknown because you consistently have shown that you refuse to give up arguing your points no matter how dumb or weak they may be. Nothing like taking lines out of context to make a statement, maybe you should use sentence fragments next time.

So I am done posting reply's in regards to this, if you really think I came into this thread to hijack it and discuss Joba and/or try and make you realize that you are the PatsfanTX of the baseball forum then you are sadly mistaken.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post #6 was completely unnecessary. It was a response to FF2's comment about Joba. It added nothing to a discussion of Pedro. Why did you feel the need to address it?

Post #6 was completely unnecessary. It was a response to FF2's comment about Joba. It added nothing to a discussion of Pedro. Why did you feel the need to address it?

Well you are the king of unnecessary posts, guess you would know.

OK now I am really done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well you are the king of unnecessary posts, guess you would know.

OK now I am really done.
    Thank you for finally acknowledging how wrong you are

Way to cherry pick...those comments were answering remarks from other people...like I am doing here...Why I am bothering is unknown because you consistently have shown that you refuse to give up arguing your points no matter how dumb or weak they may be. Nothing like taking lines out of context to make a statement, maybe you should use sentence fragments next time.

So I am done posting reply's in regards to this, if you really think I came into this thread to hijack it and discuss Joba and/or try and make you realize that you are the PatsfanTX of the baseball forum then you are sadly mistaken.
    It's the classic "If I scream it loud enough and repeat it enough times, maybe nobody will realize how completely dumb my point is" strategy.

And then he has the nerve to call other people out when we expose how idiotic his stance is.

Thank you for finally acknowledging how wrong you are
    LOL. If thats what you think I was doing just keep on believing it...whatever helps you sleep at night.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's the classic "If I scream it loud enough and repeat it enough times, maybe nobody will realize how completely dumb my point is" strategy.

And then he has the nerve to call other people out when we expose how idiotic his stance is.
    I really do get a kick out of you. I'd actually love to meet you in person. It must be a riot just watching you in everyday situations.