Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting Pitcher for American League in 2008 All Star Game At Yankee Stadium

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    National League pitchers cannot pitch in the American League. At least not in their first year or so in the league. In the NL the 8th and 9th batter are as close as you can get to automatic outs. In the Yankee lineup the 9th batter (Melky C.) has the same effect as presenting two leadoff batters. I hate the DH but it is what it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Once A Titan View Post
    National League pitchers cannot pitch in the American League. At least not in their first year or so in the league. In the NL the 8th and 9th batter are as close as you can get to automatic outs. In the Yankee lineup the 9th batter (Melky C.) has the same effect as presenting two leadoff batters. I hate the DH but it is what it is.
    I think Bradon Webb, Jake Peavy, Carlos Zambrano, Roy Oswalt, Cole Hammels ect ect would do just fine in the AL. Good Pitching is Good pitching. Would there stats be slightly inflated compared to the NL, probably, but they'd still be at the top of the AL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    It might be that my expectations for Reyes were so high and he is not the player I thought he would be
    He's a very good player. I don't know what you expected of him.

He's on pace for 112 runs 22 HR 77 RBI and 61 SB this year. I'll take that from a SS anyday.