Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets in Offensive Hell (Petco Park)

Mets in Offensive Hell (Petco Park)

Go Big Pelf.

Chavez needs to start all 4 games this series, I have no interest in seeing Tatis attempt to play LF in a huge place like Petco Park, regardless of the matchups.

What a ****ty slider.

He still managed to make Adrian Gonzalez look foolish with bases loaded and 1 out, so I'm not gonna complain

What people understate with Pelfrey is that he has 2 fastballs, his 4 seamer, and the 2 Seamer/Sinker. The slider/changeup is his 3rd and 4th pitches, not his 2nd and 3rd like is commonly believed.

Boy, this team is so amazing. Josh Banks with 21 straight scoreless innings and we still can't get a hit with RISP.

God damn this team SUCKS. We need a ****ing boost form someone. We don't have a guy who can just get into those power streaks right now. Beltran has been good lately but is hitting a lot of line drives and not rockets in the seats. I don't get this ****, god damn SIGN BARRY.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Boy, this team is so amazing. Josh Banks with 21 straight scoreless innings and we still can't get a hit with RISP.

God damn this team SUCKS. We need a ****ing boost form someone. We don't have a guy who can just get into those power streaks right now. Beltran has been good lately but is hitting a lot of line drives and not rockets in the seats. I don't get this ****, god damn SIGN BARRY.
    You don't think the fact that this guy has 21 straight scoreless innings might have a little something to do with it? You don't do that by a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    You don't think the fact that this guy has 21 straight scoreless innings might have a little something to do with it? You don't do that by a fluke.
    Yo seriously, I think this little 3 series streak the mets are on is a fluke. We have played crappy teams and we cannot get any big hits. There are only a few players on this team who I desire to watch play and honestly looking at the season now, I was way overhyped about this team. I thought Santana was going to be so great and he is but with this offense compared to other teams, we are ****.

Save me

Reyes
    Wright
    Beltran
    Church
    Chavez
    Johan
    Maine
    Sanchez
    Smith
    Feliciano
    Wagner

F*ck everyone else.

Damn, nice play by Reyes.

He's living in a tree? Who is?

The pitcher hit that on a rope. Reyes saves a run.

Yo seriously, I think this little 3 series streak the mets are on is a fluke. We have played crappy teams and we cannot get any big hits.
    That's only because you've been such a damn pessamist all year.

They played the Marlins who were in First Place at the time, they played the Dodgers who remain among the most talented teams in the NL, regardless of their record. It's not exactly chumps we're talking about here, other then the Giants.

And they have multiple walk-offs during that stretch, so don't give me any **** about not having big hits. That hasn't been a problem for this team, at least any more then any other situation. They're hitting .255 as a team, .274 with Runners On, .261 with RISP, .252 Close and Late, .254 with Bases Loaded. The only "Clutch" stat they haven't done well in is RISP/2 Out where they've hit .211. But that's not all that uncommon. MLB average is .260 reguarly and it drops to .235 in that same scenario so that's a problem across baseball.

There are only a few players on this team who I desire to watch play and honestly looking at the season now, I was way overhyped about this team. I thought Santana was going to be so great and he is but with this offense compared to other teams, we are ****.
    The Mets Offense ranks 9th In MLB in Runs Scored, and that's with every other team in baseball having at least one game in hand. In comparison to our division.

Atlanta has scored 3 more runs (But they've played 3 more games)
    Florida has scored 4 more runs (But they've played 1 more game)
    And we've scored 60 something more runs then Washington.

The only Offense that has been significantly better then ours is Philly, and well, look at where they play. (We've scored 6 more runs on the Road then they have, although we have 2 extra games so you figure it's about even).
    Last edited by Ven0m; 06-05-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Yo but seriously, look at all the games. We score a lot of runs in one game and none the next. I'm tired of seeing this guy Castillo do the same thing at the plate every time Reyes gets on base. It's just so damn frustrating, I can't take this ****.

Yo but seriously, look at all the games. We score a lot of runs in one game and none the next. I'm tired of seeing this guy Castillo do the same thing at the plate every time Reyes gets on base. It's just so damn frustrating, I can't take this ****.
    I'm not sure why Castillo gets all the frustration of the fans....must be the contract, but he's doing exactly what he's being paid to do. Get on base at an above-average rate, steal some bases, ect.

Nice scoop Delgado for the DP.

All Pro
    Pelfrey just got a huge double play

Great scoop by Delgado.

Seriously, I don't bring out Pelfrey for the 6th.

**** this bunt **** and **** you castillo.

Reyes is so awesome.

**** this bunt **** and **** you castillo.
    It's a 1 run game and Banks is on his game, it was the right call.

We don't score that run without that bunt.

Note: I'd hate it in any other situation then a 1 run game with a Pitcher that is dealing on the mound, but this is one of those dead clock being right twice a day situations.

All Pro
    Reyes is so awesome.
    Banks was freaking out on the mound.