Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 124

Thread: Mets in Offensive Hell (Petco Park)

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Banks was freaking out on the mound.
    that was the worst i seen in a long time

  2. #22
    "im rob base and i came to get down"

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It's a 1 run game and Banks is on his game, it was the right call.

    We don't score that run without that bunt.

    Note: I'd hate it in any other situation then a 1 run game with a Pitcher that is dealing on the mound, but this is one of those dead clock being right twice a day situations.

    Why not let Reyes steal when the Padres have allowed BY FAR the most stolen bases in the league?

    It's so annoying giving away outs with your set up guys. It's basically ending what could've of been a rally if Castillo gets a hit there instead of giving away himself.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Wow, Beltran looked safe to me.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Why not let Reyes steal when the Padres have allowed BY FAR the most stolen bases in the league?

    It's so annoying giving away outs with your set up guys. It's basically ending what could've of been a rally if Castillo gets a hit there instead of giving away himself.
    and if reyes is thrown out, he might not get up again till the 8th, its playin percentages, the mets have 2 hits in the game not including reyes 2 at that time...not gonna fault the call even if it didnt work out

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Why not let Reyes steal when the Padres have allowed BY FAR the most stolen bases in the league?

    It's so annoying giving away outs with your set up guys. It's basically ending what could've of been a rally if Castillo gets a hit there instead of giving away himself.
    Odds of Reyes being thrown out stealing 2nd > Odds of Castillo failing to bunt Reyes over.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Odds of Reyes being thrown out stealing 2nd > Odds of Castillo failing to bunt Reyes over.

  8. #28
    Reyes saves his 3rd run of the game.

  9. #29
    is pelfrey really battling or are the padres hitters just this bad?

    OT: everytime i hear battled, battling i think of the Art Howe Mets

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    Reyes D saving runs.....how ironic

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    is pelfrey really battling or are the padres hitters just this bad?

    OT: everytime i hear battled, battling i think of the Art Howe Mets
    Little bit of column A and B IMO. Pelfrey couldnt get a 5 year old to chase his slider.

    Santana should cruise tomorrow thats all I can tell. Gonzo and Giles are gonna be mismatched and they are the Padres two best hitters.

  12. #32
    Pelfrey was pretty good....he got a few assists from his Defense sure, but it was a very solid outing from him.

    Of course, that might be because their lineup is really, really bad. Who knows, but it's still 2 solid outings in a row.

  13. #33
    Pelfrey was terrible.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Pelfrey was pretty good....he got a few assists from his Defense sure, but it was a very solid outing from him.

    Of course, that might be because their lineup is really, really bad. Who knows, but it's still 2 solid outings in a row.
    confidence builder

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Pelfrey was terrible.
    Too many baserunners, but he made all the pitches he needed to make. 1 ER in 6 IP isn't terrible.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Padres have to be the worst offensive team in the makors.

    If Pelf faced the Phils, tonight it sure would have been ugly.

    But, w/e I'll take it.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Too many baserunners, but the Padres made all the mistakes they needed to make. 1 ER in 6 IP isn't terrible.
    Fixed.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Fixed.
    Please, Pelfrey overmatched Adrian Gonzalez with the bases loaded and 1 out. That wasn't bad hitting, it was good pitching.

  19. #39
    Nice base running Tad.

  20. #40
    Never got an opportunity? Bell pitched 80 ****ty innings for the Mets.

    Nice analysis Keith.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us