Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets in Offensive Hell (Petco Park)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Please, Pelfrey overmatched Adrian Gonzalez with the bases loaded and 1 out. That wasn't bad hitting, it was good pitching.
    Pelfrey made a couple of good pitches tonight, but Im not impressed.

His changeup sucks he cant even throw it for a strike. His slider is a mess too. He's ditched his sinker and now all he throws is the 4-seam.

Im surprised he's done this well with that repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post

His changeup sucks he cant even throw it for a strike. His slider is a mess too. He's ditched his sinker and now all he throws is the 4-seam.

He was throwing the 2 seam tonight, not as much as in the past, but he got 9 ground ball outs.

Hall Of Fame
    SB! 21st for Reyes.

Please, Castillo, a base hit here!

Hall Of Fame
    He was throwing the 2 seam tonight, not as much as in the past, but he got 9 ground ball outs.
    Correct. I believe he threw that to get the DP on Kouzmanoff.

But really, what is your opinion on his repertoire?

EDIT: Castillo c'mon you can't take that.

Hall Of Fame
    Why is Duaner pitching after throwing 2 yesterday?

Why is Duaner pitching after throwing 2 yesterday?
    2 words

Aaron Heilman

Correct. I believe he threw that to get the DP on Kouzmanoff.

But really, what is your opinion on his repertoire?

EDIT: Castillo c'mon you can't take that.
    I believe Pelfrey has 2 above-average pitches, the 4-Seam Fastball and the 2-Seam "Sinker" Fastball. I believe he just needs to command another pitch, (preferrably the changeup as its a change in speeds) in order to be successful long-term, it doesn't have to be anything other then a "Show me" pitch though.

Otherwise he just needs to focus on making his pitches, Pelfrey's main problem is falling behind in the count and putting himself in a situation where he has to throw the 4-seamer. When he throw strikes, he's pretty damn good. 6 of 11 starts Pelfrey has only allowed 2 runs or less.

Man I thought I was a pessimist with this team.

Why all the hate for Pelfrey? Sure it hasn't been pretty, but isn't it a positive that when he has got into trouble the past 2 games he has battled out of it instead of imploding? Couldn't that be progress.

The BAA against isn't good, but the ERA isn't bad. You can look at it either way, but he should be more like 4-4 instead of 2-6. And the way I see it you could do a lot worse then a 4.65 ERA from your 5th starter.

Well, that sucked.

Well, that sucked.
    That is a real ****ty way to lose a ball game.

Well, that sucked.
    +1 oh well Johan tommorrow

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Schoey was in typical meltdown mode. Oh well, Heilmann would've lost it anyway. Willie should've gone w/ Billy after the IW. Our middle relief is awful. Bring the kid from Oregon up.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Schoey was in typical meltdown mode. Oh well, Heilmann would've lost it anyway. Willie should've gone w/ Billy after the IW. Our middle relief is awful. Bring the kid from Oregon up.
    Be fair Jumba Show has been very good.

Makes me sick....No clutch hitting and bullpen sucking.... i just do not understand this team. Where are the big time players? Where is the "team" that continues to under perform?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    He sucks. We all know he does. What has he proven this year? This was a complete meltdown. I've come to expect that from him.

No manager in baseball is going to bring Wagner into that spot when it's not a save situation, much to my annoyance.

It's just a perfect example of how stupid the current MLB "Closer" system is, personally I want my best relief pitcher pitching the highest leverage outs and I don't care what inning it is or if it's a Save Situation or not. I would have brought Wagner into that spot and if I have to piece togeather a Save with someone else later then so be it. I'll take my chances, at least we would have made it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    He has been, but he clearly didn't have it tonight and that was pretty obvious early on.

Billys contact must say "before Billy pitches, Mets must be leading by 5+ runs in the 9th and 1 out on opposing team". Mets continue to lose games they should be winning...Willie gone by all star break.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyjetman View Post
    Makes me sick....No clutch hitting and bullpen sucking.... i just do not understand this team. Where are the big time players? Where is the "team" that continues to under perform?
    Wright + Beltran hit routine fly's that would've been out elsewhere, but you're right. The bats are more to blame than the bullpen.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 06-06-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No manager in baseball is going to bring Wagner into that spot when it's not a save situation, much to my annoyance.
    We saw Hoffman. Why not Wags?