Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Royals @ Yankee Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    LMAO

Johnny is one funny dude.

Kim Jones- "I've never been on a roller coaster like this" (referring to the game)

Johnny Damon- "Really? You should go down to Orlando"

HAHAHHAA
    He seems like a nice, fun guy, but every time he gives an interview I get the impression that he's half retarded. He might be one of the dumbest guys in MLB.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as he's a good teammate and he keeps up this hitting streak.

lol....Kim looked good out there in the heat.

Big win and great game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    lol....Kim looked good out there in the heat.

Big win and great game to watch.
    I always thought she looked good wet. She didn't look half bad last year when some Yankees soaked her with champagne.

BTW

Thursday - GREAT GAME
    Friday - zZzZzZzZzZz... (Game I went to)
    Saturday - GREAT GAME

Just my luck.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    He seems like a nice, fun guy, but every time he gives an interview I get the impression that he's half retarded. He might be one of the dumbest guys in MLB.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as he's a good teammate and he keeps up this hitting streak.
    He had a terrible studder growing up and so he talks very slow so he doesn't studder, especially in interviews. It does make him sound a little retarded and maybe he is totally stupid but it is possible it is because he does not want to studder.

I love JD.

All League
    I always thought she looked good wet. She didn't look half bad last year when some Yankees soaked her with champagne.
    She looks good any way to me

Gotta love JD, he might not have the best arm but he does play hard even if he goes into a slump. He's especially come around this season. Awesome guy, funny guy.

Joba looked better today but not yet dominant as he was in the pen. A few more starts and he should be fine.

Joba looked better today but not yet dominant as he was in the pen. A few more starts and he should be fine.
    Yeah, I didn't get a chance to so his outting.. I actually just woke up. Crazy night.

I was pleased with his outing today. If he didn't walk Gordon or Dejesus or whoever it was, he probably could have went a complete 5. Take a way the slider he left up in the zone to Guillen, and he was good. Really nice job by Giese today also.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

Supposedly he gets nervous when talking on camera/public speaking. Of course, he might just be really dumb.

Girardi has made some questionable moves or non moves this season. I don't like him as a Manager at all. He never fails to defend his bullpen in interviews but today shows a complete lack of trust in them.

Andy is usually a strong 2nd half pitcher and you should stay out of the biz of calling players done for now. At 16 mill only a injury will take him out of the rotation. Besides, who the heck would replace him?

Damon is unconcious right now at the plate.
    I've liked Girardi overall this year. He has made some questionable moves - Andy the other day and a couple intentional walks I didn't like, but he's been great at not overusing key relievers and keeping everyone fresh. That, IMO, is the most important thing a manager can do in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I've liked Girardi overall this year. He has made some questionable moves - Andy the other day and a couple intentional walks I didn't like, but he's been great at not overusing key relievers and keeping everyone fresh. That, IMO, is the most important thing a manager can do in this day and age.
    This is also what I've really liked from Girardi so far this year. The pen has had to throw a lot of innings this year and he has done a great job of distributing them. It's refreshing after all these years of seeing Joe burn out relievers like Quantrill and Proctor.

Hall Of Fame
    Games at 1:00, Mussina's going for his 10th win. It would be nice to win this before heading for the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Games at 1:00, Mussina's going for his 10th win. It would be nice to win this before heading for the West Coast.
    Isn't that ridiculous? Look at your comment, did any of us REALLY think Moose would be leading our staff in wins? I know I'm not one, him and Rasner have been great for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Isn't that ridiculous? Look at your comment, did any of us REALLY think Moose would be leading our staff in wins? I know I'm not one, him and Rasner have been great for us.
    Thank god, our pitching hasn't been that bad this year. The bats, and base running is killing us.

The old Johnny Damon is back.

Jets Insider VIP
    The old Johnny Damon is back.
    I understand that the guy is producing right now, and that's great for this team. But I just can not embrace this guy on a personality level. It's still just too ridiculous to me that a guy so vital to the Bosox team that finally was given a championship is now a Yankee. To me, he'll always be one of those "Idiots".

Now, if we could just get the old Derek Jeter back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Thank god, our pitching hasn't been that bad this year. The bats, and base running is killing us.
    We seem to not be "matching up" well this year. By that I mean our bats do seem to be going now and our pitchers are giving up 5-6 runs.

Tyler- Yes you're right, it's nice to see Damon finally slapping singles and stealing bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I understand that the guy is producing right now, and that's great for this team. But I just can not embrace this guy on a personality level. It's still just too ridiculous to me that a guy so vital to the Bosox team that finally was given a championship is now a Yankee. To me, he'll always be one of those "Idiots".

Now, if we could just get the old Derek Jeter back.
    Oh get over it...

WOW That was a horse **** strike 3 call.