Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Royals @ Yankee Stadium

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice play by Cano

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Oh get over it...

WOW That was a horse **** strike 3 call.
    Sean, would you be able to get over it if say Bernie Williams had played for Boston? Or if Carlton Fisk had come over here to play lat in his career (you may be too young for that example).

There are just certain guys that can't cross rosters seemlessly. A middle reliever, a backup firstbaseman, that's one thing. But when a marquee name guy does it, it just doesn't feel right. Boggs is another example. I could never "love" the guy. But to a lesser degree I guess, cuz he had never won anything there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I understand that the guy is producing right now, and that's great for this team. But I just can not embrace this guy on a personality level. It's still just too ridiculous to me that a guy so vital to the Bosox team that finally was given a championship is now a Yankee. To me, he'll always be one of those "Idiots".

Now, if we could just get the old Derek Jeter back.
    How'd you feel about Curtis Martin?

Argh, why cant' we get Damon home there?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was big.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, would you be able to get over it if say Bernie Williams had played for Boston? Or if Carlton Fisk had come over here to play lat in his career (you may be too young for that example).

There are just certain guys that can't cross rosters seemlessly. A middle reliever, a backup firstbaseman, that's one thing. But when a marquee name guy does it, it just doesn't feel right. Boggs is another example. I could never "love" the guy. But to a lesser degree I guess, cuz he had never won anything there.
    Bad example. Damon isn't a Red Sox lifer.

5 years with the Royals

1 year with the A's

3 years with the Red Sox

2 years with the Yankees. (He'll probably end up playing 1 more year in New York than he did in Boston)
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-09-2008 at 01:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    How'd you feel about Curtis Martin?

Argh, why cant' we get Damon home there?
    Curtis Martin played for the Patriots before the rivalry became what it is now. And even that current Jets-Pats rivalry is much, much, much, much, much less intense than Yankees-Sox. It's not even close for me.

Especially since, with the Jets, when a Pats fan tell me my team sucks, there's not really much I can respond with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate how they black out MLB.tv, can't get the radio stream either for some reason here at work.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad example. Damon isn't a Red Sox lifer.

5 years with the Royals

1 year with the A's

3 years with the Red Sox

2 years with the Yankees. (He'll probably end up play 1 more year in New York than he did in Boston)
    Johnny Damon became a Red Sox lifer when he won the 2004 World Series with them, their first in 1,000 years. It endeared him to Sox fans forever.

Johnny accomplished nothing with the Royals (does anyone these days even watch them?) and on the Yankees is overshadowed by the Jeters, Posadas and Riveras.

A better example would be akin to dating a girl that you know once dated Jarrod from Subway (when he was still fat). She might be pretty hot, but you knowyou could never marry her because SHE DATED THE FAT TARD FROM SUBWAY.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny Damon became a Red Sox lifer when he won the 2004 World Series with them, their first in 1,000 years. It endeared him to Sox fans forever.

Johnny accomplished nothing with the Royals (does anyone these days even watch them?) and on the Yankees is overshadowed by the Jeters, Posadas and Riveras.

A better example would be akin to dating a girl that you know once dated Jarrod from Subway (when he was still fat). She might be pretty hot, but you knowyou could never marry her because SHE DATED THE FAT TARD FROM SUBWAY.
    LOL, funny, but I just don't see it that way. He's a Yankee, he decided to come play here, as long as he continue to produce, he's okay in my book.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, whats the deal with Cano. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw him get a hit. I can't believe his average is as high as it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, funny, but I just don't see it that way. He's a Yankee, he decided to come play here, as long as he continue to produce, he's okay in my book.
    Agreed, you wear pinstripes and play hard and produce then I will cheer for you. If you suck I will boo you, yankee lifer or not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Man, whats the deal with Cano. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw him get a hit. I can't believe his average is as high as it is.
    Entering the game...Cano is 8 of his last 21.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny won my respect when they went up to Boston during that 5 game sweep in August of 06 and and hit around .500 to put Boston out of its misery.
    Last edited by Jbro22; 06-09-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Cano need to get that bat going, needs to stop partying or whatever he's doing lol. He really is a slick 2nd baseman though, it's almost to the point he looks lazy out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Entering the game...Cano is 8 of his last 21.
    I've missed large portions of the last few games. But he's on my fantasy team so every time he doesn't get on base it makes me 2x as angry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Following online. Moose is on a roll. And no Yankee hits since Damon's lead off hit??? Is this guy pitching that good or are our bats that bad today?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Following online. Moose is on a roll. And no Yankee hits since Damon's lead off hit??? Is this guy pitching that good or are our bats that bad today?
    No, he's pitching really good, lots of movement.

Hochevar was the #1 overall pick in 2006, he has great stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, he's pitching really good, lots of movement.

Hochevar was the #1 overall pick in 2006, he has great stuff.
    Woohoo a base hit!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Masterful 6 innings from Moose.

Now get him some runs!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Masterful 6 innings from Moose.

Now get him some runs!
    Christ, we're not even making this kid work. Another 9th inning thriller? I'd rather not, let's get some runs this inning and shut it down.