Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Yankees Suck?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,929

    Yankees Suck?

    The team with the biggest payroll in baseball is in last place? What a bust. I guess Torre really wasn't the problem after all.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    The team with the biggest payroll in baseball is in last place? What a bust. I guess Torre really wasn't the problem after all.
    They don't suck. They're just an average team so far.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    The team with the biggest payroll in baseball is in last place? What a bust. I guess Torre really wasn't the problem after all.
    Met fan?

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Met fan?
    Yankee fan?

    Fandom is besides the point. The point is how can you spend more money than any other team in MLB and be in last place in your division? You could have spent LESS money than other other team and achieved the same thing. It's time for the Yankees FO to stop blaming the players and coaches and take a look at itself.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Yankee fan?

    Fandom is besides the point. The point is how can you spend more money than any other team in MLB and be in last place in your division? You could have spent LESS money than other other team and achieved the same thing. It's time for the Yankees FO to stop blaming the players and coaches and take a look at itself.
    Were you saying the same thing the last 2 seasons as well? Let's see how things play out before we start playing the payroll card. Besides, it's not as if they have been significantly adding to the payroll via free agency the past couple years. That payroll will be much, much lower at the end of this season. Giambi, Pavano, Farnsworth, Mussina, Pettitte, Abreu are all off the books.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Were you saying the same thing the last 2 seasons as well? Let's see how things play out before we start playing the payroll card. Besides, it's not as if they have been significantly adding to the payroll via free agency the past couple years. That payroll will be much, much lower at the end of this season. Giambi, Pavano, Farnsworth, Mussina, Pettitte, Abreu are all off the books.
    So are you saying that even if the Yanks finish at the bottom of their division this year the FO performance is acceptable to you?

  7. #7
    go back a year to the day and I bet you find this exact same thread...

    no playoffs in June.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    There sure are a lot of dumbass threads in this forum.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Were you saying the same thing the last 2 seasons as well? Let's see how things play out before we start playing the payroll card. Besides, it's not as if they have been significantly adding to the payroll via free agency the past couple years. That payroll will be much, much lower at the end of this season. Giambi, Pavano, Farnsworth, Mussina, Pettitte, Abreu are all off the books.

    so they're not going to sign anyone to replace those guys?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Were you saying the same thing the last 2 seasons as well? Let's see how things play out before we start playing the payroll card. Besides, it's not as if they have been significantly adding to the payroll via free agency the past couple years. That payroll will be much, much lower at the end of this season. Giambi, Pavano, Farnsworth, Mussina, Pettitte, Abreu are all off the books.

    Yanks will get hot and be fine in a AL that is not as strong as some here feel.

    This payroll card on Yank fans end however is simply wrong. All the players you list as coming off the books with the exception of Pavano will need to be replaced with only Giambi's salary being much higher than what they will have to pay for a equal replacement. It also will cost 7 million to buy out Pavano and Giambi's 09 options.

    I also am not positive that Moose, Andy and Abreu are not back next year albeit at slightly lower salaries. Giambi could also ink a cheaper deal with the Yanks and you can also bet your life they take on payroll THIS season to fix the bullpen and possibly add a SP for insurance.

    Let's wait and see what next years payroll looks like before we start defending the payroll card as you call it. I know the farm system will be cited as the alternative but let's face it, the farm other than non highly touted Rasner has not panned out this season.
    Last edited by chad101; 06-07-2008 at 08:03 AM.

  12. #12
    but i thought phil hughes is the best and a can't miss... and what about that stud ian kennedy.... have they even won 1 game -combined- yet this season?

    hilarious

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON View Post
    but i thought phil hughes is the best and a can't miss... and what about that stud ian kennedy.... have they even won 1 game -combined- yet this season?

    hilarious
    Yea dats funny haw haw...

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Yankee fan?

    Fandom is besides the point. The point is how can you spend more money than any other team in MLB and be in last place in your division? You could have spent LESS money than other other team and achieved the same thing. It's time for the Yankees FO to stop blaming the players and coaches and take a look at itself.
    Yeah , I am a Yankee fan...so they are mediocre right now...so what. This roster is expensive and the Yankees still make more money than any other team in the league. I wan to know if you are a Met fan...cause I notice when the Mets win a few in a row some of the fans get a little chirpy. By the way this thread sucks...I would rather read a jetman73 or sbiii thread any day...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    So are you saying that even if the Yanks finish at the bottom of their division this year the FO performance is acceptable to you?
    No, I didn't say that it's acceptable. Start a thread like this in September and then it will be a little less stupid.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    so they're not going to sign anyone to replace those guys?
    Are all of those guys replacements going to be making $12-16 million/year?

  17. #17
    Anyone except for a Mets fan can say anything about payroll. The Mets should be at least the second best team in baseball based on salary.

    The whole payroll argument is old, tired and needs to be put to rest.
    Enjoy your team and stop worrying about what other teams do. The grade school arguments should have ended a long time ago, unless you're still in grade school, of course.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    This roster is expensive and the Yankees still make more money than any other team in the league...By the way this thread sucks...I would rather read a jetman73 or sbiii thread any day...
    Jetman73 is gone forever.

    Actually I'm pretty sure the Yankees are one of the least profitable teams in the league. They lead in revenue, but when you factor in operating costs I'm pretty sure they've been operating in the red for years.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 06-07-2008 at 04:19 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Jetman73 is gone forever.
    What do you mean? He isn't banned.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Anyone except for a Mets fan can say anything about payroll. The Mets should be at least the second best team in baseball based on salary.

    The whole payroll argument is old, tired and needs to be put to rest.
    Enjoy your team and stop worrying about what other teams do. The grade school arguments should have ended a long time ago, unless you're still in grade school, of course.

    the mets peformance is pitiful this year. and yes....they pais enough for the team to expect them to perform at a very high level. this mets team has been a huge bust this year. not even worth half of what they are being paid.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us