Thread: Something Even A Met Fan Could Appreciate!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Something Even A Met Fan Could Appreciate!!!!

Here is a clip from an article about Chipper Jones...

Chipper Jones said if the Braves want him and make a fair offer, he'll stay. He said he's not looking for the biggest deal he can get. He wants to retire a Brave. He never so much as suggests he's underpaid. "I'm never going to turn my nose up at $11 million," he said. "I understand that I've had the luxury of playing in the same place for a long time, for the same manager. I made my money." -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

link:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...snot_0606.html

Man, I know this guy has been public enemy #1 for many Met fans over the years but you have to respect this type of rare modern day athlete who isn't looking to squeeze every last cent from the game or the team he has played on (cough cough A-Rod cough cough).....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** Larry Wayne. Go Retire *******. Why the **** does he have to hit 400? This dude is like 40 and is a top 10 player in the game when healthy, go ****ing retire already.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Here is a clip from an article about Chipper Jones...

Chipper Jones said if the Braves want him and make a fair offer, he'll stay. He said he's not looking for the biggest deal he can get. He wants to retire a Brave. He never so much as suggests he's underpaid. "I'm never going to turn my nose up at $11 million," he said. "I understand that I've had the luxury of playing in the same place for a long time, for the same manager. I made my money." -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

link:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...snot_0606.html

Man, I know this guy has been public enemy #1 for many Met fans over the years but you have to respect this type of rare modern day athlete who isn't looking to squeeze every last cent from the game or the team he has played on (cough cough A-Rod cough cough).....
    I've reluctantly started to kinda like Chipper in the last few years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    I've reluctantly started to kinda like Chipper in the last few years.
    i wouldnt say that, i def dont like chipper, but i definitley do respect the mans game and the person that he is, i also love that he named his kid shea, in trhat hate love kinda way