Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Mets fan do you have confidence we will turn it around?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mets fan do you have confidence we will turn it around?

    I sure as hell don't. We've been playing 5 games under .500 since last June and I think it's time for a massive overhaul.

    Starting from the top. Get rid of Minaya who has done a terrible job dealing with the farm and has made a lot of bad investments. He's made some good trades but A LOT of underrated bad trades. Willie has to go and the entire coaching staff as well including Rick Peterson who is ****ing overrated.

    We need changes in Queens going into Citifield because this team is so lethargic and we have NO hungry young players on this roster who can contribute to this team and give us a boost in terms of energy. We have all these old hags whom we wasted a lot of money on and draft picks.

    At least football season really begins to start after July.

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesnt matter if we turn it around. The Phillies are a much better team and they run away with the division.

    The last few years the Phills have come from way behind in the second half. This year they will have a big lead going into the break..

    Phills run away with the division and the Mets wont make the wild-card. Mets are an average team that needs to make a bunch of changes.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    the team is garbage.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes without a doubt this team can and should be fine.

    The Ryan Church DL determination in the next few days is critical and if the word is bad we need to go inquiry on the Marcus Thames, Juan Riveria, Ryan Spillborough's of the league to fill that void. At the beginning of the season someone on the radio said we would always have to hear "since last June" if we got off to a bad start.

    If you need to blow up a team 6 1/2 games out in June make sure it's your fantasy team. This is the Majors and when you have some key injuries and underperforming players yet are only 6 1/2 out you don't blow up the team.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Doesnt matter if we turn it around. The Phillies are a much better team and they run away with the division.

    The last few years the Phills have come from way behind in the second half. This year they will have a big lead going into the break..

    Phills run away with the division and the Mets wont make the wild-card. Mets are an average team that needs to make a bunch of changes.
    The Phillies are a much better team? Based on what exactly?

    You do realize that Jamie Moyer is their 2nd best starter, right? They still can't pitch.

    And lets not discount the ballpark factors when evaluating the Offenses. Mr. Utley for example has only hit 5 of his 21 Home Runs outside of that little bandbox they play in. They're not all that much better statistically once you subtract CBP from the equation.

    There's no reason the Mets shouldn't win this division by a comfterable margin if they were to get their **** togeather. Of course that remains the million dollar question. If they'll get their **** togeather for long enough to make a run. They damn well better.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting rid of Randolph should start the turn around.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    still plenty of baseball left. Yes, they can turn it around but they have to start stepping up and winning games consistently.
    Enough of this win 3 games, get excited, than drop the next 3....win, loss, loss, win, win , loss, win, loss, loss, loss. Its ridiculous, this team should not be playing the way they are playing. Is Willie really the problem?? I dont know about that.
    Cut the inconsistency bull****.

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    The Phillies are a much better team? Based on what exactly?

    You do realize that Jamie Moyer is their 2nd best starter, right? They still can't pitch.

    And lets not discount the ballpark factors when evaluating the Offenses. Mr. Utley for example has only hit 5 of his 21 Home Runs outside of that little bandbox they play in. They're not all that much better statistically once you subtract CBP from the equation.

    There's no reason the Mets shouldn't win this division by a comfterable margin if they were to get their **** togeather. Of course that remains the million dollar question. If they'll get their **** togeather for long enough to make a run. They damn well better.
    Back to back to back MVP's. And who cares about the ballpark, it is what it is. Im not discouting it but the fact that they play 81 games there is huge. They score a ton of runs, the bullpen is going great for them and they are just playing better baseball.

    On paper are the Mets better then the Phills? Yes, but paper means sh*t. Fact is the Phills are better then the Mets this year and will finish atleast 10 games better. I just have 0 confidence the Mets bounce back so I guess im frustrated and just feel the Phils win the division again which makes them better. Beating us out for back to back divisions IMO makes them better.

    I'll take Utley, Rollins, Howard and Hammels over any 4 players on the Mets.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 06-08-2008 at 01:23 PM.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Back to back to back MVP's. And who cares about the ballpark, it is what it is. Im not discouting it but the fact that they play there 81 games is huge.

    On paper are the Mets better then the Phills? Yes, but paper means sh*t. Fact is the Phills are better then the Mets this year and will finish atleast 10 games better.
    I think the Phils are a better team even on paper, just look at the lineups, however, they will not win by 10+ games unless the Mets go into tank mode after the ASB. Any team with a Johan Santana-Pedro Martinez 1-2 punch can't be counted out. You never know in baseball, name me someone at the beginning of September last year that had the Rockies and Phillies in the playoffs?

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    I think the Phils are a better team even on paper, just look at the lineups, however, they will not win by 10+ games unless the Mets go into tank mode after the ASB. Any team with a Johan Santana-Pedro Martinez 1-2 punch can't be counted out. You never know in baseball, name me someone at the beginning of September last year that had the Rockies and Phillies in the playoffs?
    I agree. 10 games was me talking out of frustration. But the Phils are better. And you're right, probably even better on paper when you look at some of the years the stars have had or are having plus their role players.

    Pedro needs atleast 6 more starts before I call it a 1-2 punch. He just has to stay heatly for a bit before I can count on him.

    Mets could be 10 games back by the break. Still plenty of time but based on last year and now this season I have no confidence we can bounce back.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 06-08-2008 at 01:19 PM.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pitching has been a lot better so thats a good sign of a turn around. Hopefully heading back to Shea and getting Church and Alou back hopefully will help them offensively.

    They are setting themselves up to suceed the last 3 games but have failed in pressure situations. That wont continue all year.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan Church was becoming my favorite Met, I feel bad for him, concussions can really do numbers on you.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Ryan Church was becoming my favorite Met, I feel bad for him, concussions can really do numbers on you.
    You can thank the Mets medical staff

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a HC with a little fire, how about a owner who calls then out in the press. It is time to stick a fire cracker in their pants.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Willie Randolf is the manager of this team...we will continue to suck.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    As long as Willie Randolf is the manager of this team...we will continue to suck.
    It's the players right now, not the management.

    They are just not producing the way they should.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets missed their chance a few years ago when Piniella was available.
    Of course, he's just in first place now with the sucky Cubs.
    I say can Willie, and bring in Larry Blowa... Blow up some of these Met fat asses.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about someone who played for the Mets.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another couple of hits for Delgado. Maybe the wrist is fully healed and he gives us some nice production the rest of the way.

    No way this team gets blown up. The core is too talented and with a new park on the way we will be big in the FA market if need be.

    Like I said earlier, Church and Alou would go a long way in quieting the rats who wanna jump ship when things are bad.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    7.5 Games Behind. The excuse that there is time is getting old. The ship be sinking.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us