Thread: Told Mind-Screw By The Yankees Ticket Office

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Told Mind-Screw By The Yankees Ticket Office

So, I have a partial season plan this year. I was hoping they'd come around at some point and cut us some kind of break and give us a shot at All Star tickets.

Today at work I step away from my desk for 3 minutes, I come back and there's a recorded message from John Sterling saying to call back the ticket office immediatey to make payments for my All-Star tickets.

I was pumped. I dialed right away. It was busy for like a half hour. The website was busy, i couldn't get on. Now I'm getting nervous that I had the shot to get them and blew it by running out to take a dump at the wrong time.

I finally get through to an operator, before I can even explain, the guy says "Oh, you're probably a partial season ticket holder, right?"

Me: "Yeah"
    Him: "Dude sorry about that, we weren't supposed to make that call to you guys. Our mistake. You can try to buy tickets when they go on sale to the general population"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    btw that should have been "Total Mind-Screw"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks. I'm not even gonna try to go to that game.

My buddy is interning at WCBS and is getting free tixx. Lucky SOB.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    That sucks. I'm not even gonna try to go to that game.

My buddy is interning at WCBS and is getting free tixx. Lucky SOB.
    My sister's friend is interning at MLB right now. Not only is she working at the All Star Game, she's supposed to assist the players all weekend long. I think she might be staying at their hotel, too (which is a top secret location, btw. She signed a confidentiality agreement).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    My sister's friend is interning at MLB right now. Not only is she working at the All Star Game, she's supposed to assist the players all weekend long. I think she might be staying at their hotel, too (which is a top secret location, btw. She signed a confidentiality agreement).
    this post is useless without a pic of your sister's friend

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    So, I have a partial season plan this year. I was hoping they'd come around at some point and cut us some kind of break and give us a shot at All Star tickets.

Today at work I step away from my desk for 3 minutes, I come back and there's a recorded message from John Sterling saying to call back the ticket office immediatey to make payments for my All-Star tickets.

I was pumped. I dialed right away. It was busy for like a half hour. The website was busy, i couldn't get on. Now I'm getting nervous that I had the shot to get them and blew it by running out to take a dump at the wrong time.

I finally get through to an operator, before I can even explain, the guy says "Oh, you're probably a partial season ticket holder, right?"

Me: "Yeah"
    Him: "Dude sorry about that, we weren't supposed to make that call to you guys. Our mistake. You can try to buy tickets when they go on sale to the general population"

Don't they know who you are?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Don't they know who you are?
    yeah, a fan.

God forbid the FANS attend the game instead of the millionaires in suits who don't know the difference between a shortstop and a backstop.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    yeah, a fan.

God forbid the FANS attend the game instead of the millionaires in suits who don't know the difference between a shortstop and a backstop.
    Welcome to the real world.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Welcome to the real world.
    the real world isn't fixed. well, it is if you have that attitude.

In the latest development, recorded apologies by John Sterling went out today. Got it on my work and cell phones this morning.