Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Happening

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HBJet;2577858]It was flawed, "god-awful" did you see [B]Jumper[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Terrible movie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HBJet;2577858]It was flawed, "god-awful" did you see Jumper?[/QUOTE]

I rather enjoyed Jumper. Its just one of those movies you can't think too much about it when you are watching otherwise you'll start questioning everything and ruin the experience.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earth to Night, the only good movies you've made have had Bruce Willis in them, stick with that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=49ersJetsfan;2577879]I rather enjoyed Jumper. Its just one of those movies you can't think too much about it when you are watching otherwise you'll start questioning everything and ruin the experience.[/QUOTE]

A complete and utter turd of a movie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2577862]No. Nor do I plan to.

That f*cking guy destroyed Darth Vader. I'll never watch anything he's in again.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear someone else feel the same way I do. He made Darth Vader go from one of the best bad a$$e$ of all time to a whiny emo b!tch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=49ersJetsfan;2577879]I rather enjoyed Jumper. Its just one of those movies you can't think too much about it when you are watching otherwise you'll start questioning everything and ruin the experience.[/QUOTE]

It had 1 special effect.
    No story.
    No characters.
    No actors.
    No plot.
    NOTHING.

It made Transformers look like the Godfather.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, personally I think Unbreakable is his best, but that's only because Bruce Willis lived my dream in that movie. To one day wake up and find out that indeed you actually are a superhero. The Sixth Sense scores a big fat donut on the rewatchable scale, but Unbreakable's always a solid watch whenever it's on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ******************SPOILERS BELOW*********************
    Its the premise of the movie

[COLOR="White"]The happening is plants reacting to human overpopulation by releasing toxins that make humans suicidal. It includes a scene in which Marky Mark apologizes to a plant.[/COLOR]

Highlight to see

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;2577836]I will be in attendance Saturday night.

By the way, maybe folks don't love all his movies and I certainly don't.

But to say they ALL suck?

Well, that would include The Sixth Sense and if you didn't like or appreciate that one, well, what can I say?[/QUOTE]

As soon as the kid said he saw dead people, I figured it out.

It ruined it for me. But, I could see the appeal to others.

Other then that, Unbreakable was decent...

the rest...are absolutely horrible.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is sort of off-topic, but while we're talking movies, did anyone besides me love the Grindhouse flicks?

I just saw them recently and loved them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a hard time considering any movie with Samuel L Jackson in it a "good movie" Pulp Fiction gets a pass of course.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Chappellejackson.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2577898]This is sort of off-topic, but while we're talking movies, did anyone besides me love the Grindhouse flicks?

I just saw them recently and loved them.[/QUOTE]

I thought Death Proof had too much dialouge with those girls.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2577898]This is sort of off-topic, but while we're talking movies, did anyone besides me love the Grindhouse flicks?

I loved Rose McGowan. Dunno why, I got a weird thing for her.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2577901]I thought Death Proof had too much dialouge with those girls.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Planet Terror was much better.

But the scene where Kurt Russell slams on his brakes and Rose McGowan's face gets smashed into the dashboard is absolutely classic.

The trailers for the other flicks looked great too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding me? Favorite movie(s) of 2007. I will say though, watching them at home and in the theater were two totally different experiences, especially since you had the previews in between.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vicious89x;2577899]I have a hard time considering any movie with Samuel L Jackson in it a "good movie" Pulp Fiction gets a pass of course.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Chappellejackson.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree, other than these two:

A Long Kiss Goodnight.

Black Snake Moan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2577910]Are you kidding me? Favorite movie(s) of 2007. I will say though, watching them at home and in the theater were two totally different experiences, especially since you had the previews in between.[/QUOTE]

Its a real shame it flopped.

Hollywood never takes risks and when it makes a genius move the public doesnt respond.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2577872]Ok I'll give you that.

Joaquin as Johnny Cash was possibly the worst casting job I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

What was wrong with that performance? I thought it was very good. Who would have been better?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2577910]Are you kidding me? Favorite movie(s) of 2007. I will say though, watching them at home and in the theater were two totally different experiences, especially since you had the previews in between.[/QUOTE]

The previews are the best! I'd love it if Rodriguez and Tarantino actually made those into feature films.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2577919]The previews are the best! I'd love it if Rodriguez and Tarantino actually made those into feature films.[/QUOTE]

Machete is supposedly getting made eventually.