Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Happening

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2577901]I thought Death Proof [B]had too much dialouge with those girls.[/B][/QUOTE]

WAY too much.

Tarrantino trying to force snappy dialogue when he didn't need to.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;2577918]What was wrong with that performance? I thought it was very good. [B]Who would have been better?[/B][/QUOTE]

To be honest I don't know. But I didn't like Phoenix as Cash.

[QUOTE=JStokes;2577915]I'd have to agree, other than these two:

A Long Kiss Goodnight.

Black Snake Moan.[/QUOTE]

Good call stokes. Cristina Ricci looked good in that movie as well. What was the last time Geena Davis did a movie?

Hall Of Fame
    Most of his movie are **** awful but I'm still going to see this one just incase it's good. The Village was ****ing retarded, I didn't even make it to the end.

[QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2577916]Its a real shame it flopped.

Hollywood never takes risks and when it makes a genius move the public doesnt respond.[/QUOTE]

So true, and Grindhouse really was brilliant, from all angles. The sad part is no studio is ever going to take on anything even remotely similar ever again.

Once they release it as a fully boxed set, it's going to turn into a cult classic over the years. Just you watch.

Tarantino needs to get his act together and make Inglorious Bastards already.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=vicious89x;2577926]Good call stokes. [B]Cristina Ricci [/B]looked good in that movie as well. What was the last time Geena Davis did a movie?[/QUOTE]

I LOVED her in that movie. Gorgeous body packed into a 4'-11" frame.

Yowza.

Banned
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2577921]Machete is supposedly getting made eventually.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. The Machete trailer is a pisser.

[QUOTE=JStokes;2577915]I'd have to agree, other than these two:

A Long Kiss Goodnight.

Black Snake Moan.[/QUOTE]

Snakes on a Plane ftw. :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2577930]So true, and Grindhouse really was brilliant, from all angles. The sad part is no studio is ever going to take on anything even remotely similar ever again.

Once they release it as a fully boxed set, it's going to turn into a cult classic over the years. Just you watch.

Tarantino needs to get his act together and make [B]Inglorious Bastards [/B]already.[/QUOTE]

Starting production/casting soon, Ill get a link if you want.

Should be out in '10.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;2577932]That's awesome. The Machete trailer is a pisser.[/QUOTE]

Anything with Danny Trejo in it is gold. The man could make a tampon commercial, and I'd probably buy a DVD version of it just to have it in my library.

[QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2577936]Starting production/casting soon, Ill get a link if you want.

Should be out in '10.[/QUOTE]

No need to, I'm on Everythingtarentino enough during the week. He's been saying that for years, I'll believe it when it actually starts happening.

[QUOTE=JStokes;2577931]I LOVED her in that movie. Gorgeous body packed into a 4'-11" frame.

Yowza.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I got a thing for weird girls.

[IMG]http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/04/18/alg_ricci.jpg[/IMG]

It's impossible to watch a Shyamalam movie now without constantly trying to figure out what the twist will be all movie long. It's predictably unpredictable and formulaic now. I'm not wasting money and time for 2 hours of thin plot, vacuous dialog and poor acting just for a gimmick ending. The novelty wore off a long time ago.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2577892]By the way, personally I think Unbreakable is his best, but that's only because Bruce Willis lived my dream in that movie. To one day wake up and find out that indeed you actually are a superhero. The Sixth Sense scores a big fat donut on the rewatchable scale, but Unbreakable's always a solid watch whenever it's on.[/QUOTE]

I agree about Unbreakable. The scene at the kitchen table when he shows his son the newspaper article is incredibly sweet.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=vicious89x;2577941]Maybe I got a thing for weird girls.

[IMG]http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/04/18/alg_ricci.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Who is that?!?

[QUOTE=JStokes;2577959]Who is that?!?[/QUOTE]

Haha. That's Christina Ricci all glammed up. I dunno, thought she looked good in the pic. :)

[QUOTE=JStokes;2577931]I LOVED her in that movie. Gorgeous body packed into a 4'-11" frame.

Yowza.[/QUOTE]

Her SNL take-off on Taxicab Confessions is classic.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=vicious89x;2577964]Haha. That's Christina Ricci all glammed up. I dunno, thought she looked good in the pic. :)[/QUOTE]

Stunning. Thanks!

[QUOTE=vicious89x;2577941]Maybe I got a thing for weird girls.

[IMG]http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/04/18/alg_ricci.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/870/1hitit11mr4.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=sourceworx;2577862]No. Nor do I plan to.

That f*cking guy destroyed Darth Vader. I'll never watch anything he's in again.[/QUOTE]

Hayden Christiansen is beyond awful. Phooey on George Lucas for not realizing this guy had to be replaced after "Attack of the Clones."