Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Audi S4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Babe View Post
    a4 is 100 mm larger, just researched it.
    Than the Jetta?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Babe View Post
    sorry if i offend you with this post, but you're a big kid. my boyfriend can barely be comfortable in my jetta (which is the same size) and he's 6'2 but alot lighter than you.
    get an SUV or a larger car.
    if that's a problem, just get a convertible...
    Last edited by jetswin; 06-13-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: I took out the picture

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...spagenameZWDVW

Im going to look into buying this car, hopefully for a cheaper price. Anyone have it? Audi's good cars?

And yes, im going to get my license this summer. And yes I have money for a 1st car. No stupid comments please.
    just a few comments:

1) you don't have your license, which means you don't know how to drive. please spare me the "**** you, i can drive" retort. ANYONE who has driven for a few years can look back and say that they didn't know what they were doing half the time when they first got their license. no offense, but it is what it is. therefore, i don't think going for the twin-turbo 250hp sports sedan is the wisest of ideas at this moment.

2) the car itself is not a good "first car" choice, especially money-wise. if you've got to pay for maintenance, repairs, and gas, this is NOT the car for a 16 year old. unless you can put all expenses on somebody else's credit card, that is.

3) JetsBabe made a very valid point about size. don't take it the wrong way, but the S4 could prove to be a tight fit for you. and i mean "tight" in the literal sense, not as in "That **** is tight/bad/hot/off-the-chizzain."

4) by your own indication, your budget seems to be about $10,000 or maybe a little more. that means you'll have A LOT of options as far as first car is concerned. it's not like the kid who's only got the few bucks he made as a camp counselor, and can only afford Uncle Mo's rusty old Buick. take your time, don't settle for the first thing that catches your eye. avoid the flashy ride that you'll just end-up selling in a year because it's such a pain in the ass to maintain. it's your first car; go with something that is reliable, safe and relatively hassle-free. cross the S4 off your list.

The S4 is a lot of fun to drive, but like others said, is expensive to maintain. My sister has one and it was in the shop a lot trying to figure out some mysterious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    just a few comments:

1) you don't have your license, which means you don't know how to drive. please spare me the "**** you, i can drive" retort. ANYONE who has driven for a few years can look back and say that they didn't know what they were doing half the time when they first got their license. no offense, but it is what it is. therefore, i don't think going for the twin-turbo 250hp sports sedan is the wisest of ideas at this moment.

2) the car itself is not a good "first car" choice, especially money-wise. if you've got to pay for maintenance, repairs, and gas, this is NOT the car for a 16 year old. unless you can put all expenses on somebody else's credit card, that is.

3) JetsBabe made a very valid point about size. don't take it the wrong way, but the S4 could prove to be a tight fit for you. and i mean "tight" in the literal sense, not as in "That **** is tight/bad/hot/off-the-chizzain."

4) by your own indication, your budget seems to be about $10,000 or maybe a little more. that means you'll have A LOT of options as far as first car is concerned. it's not like the kid who's only got the few bucks he made as a camp counselor, and can only afford Uncle Mo's rusty old Buick. take your time, don't settle for the first thing that catches your eye. avoid the flashy ride that you'll just end-up selling in a year because it's such a pain in the ass to maintain. it's your first car; go with something that is reliable, safe and relatively hassle-free. cross the S4 off your list.
    Great points, Dirtstar. Especially the first one. I knew a lot of kids who wrecked some nice, old sports cars in high school because they didn't know **** about driving. The last 3 months of high school I got a '92 Nissan Z. Learned to drive stick on it. I loved it, but in retrospect it was a terribly bad car for me to have. I had a couple close calls in it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

guys lay off the personal aspects of this thread and please concentrate on the fact that a new driver is looking at a high performance car...

thank you, carry on

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Jews don't do Audi. Clearly, you need to find a 1989 Benz.

SAR I

I am Jewish and am on my second Audi - had 0 problems with my Allroad and have had 0 problems with my'08 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    This is true, though some have come around on VW's.
    Name 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Cross off the top two.

All Pro
    Lexus is better then those German cars that I see broken down everyday on the side of the road. Much more reliable
    </IMG>

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Lexus is better then those German cars that I see broken down everyday on the side of the road. Much more reliable
    </IMG>
    Have owned both. No they are not. Different, but not "better."

Jets Insider VIP
    Scratch the S4 off the list. I'm getting a private jet.

SBIII

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post
    Drug Trafficing.

From what I understand he's not actually heavy. At any given time, he's carrying 30-40 pounds of cocaine in his anus.
    O man, that is quite possibly the funniest thing i have ever read here, and thats saying a lot. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'm only quoting my own post to hi-lite the fact that A.D.D. poster boy has now effectively abandoned this thread now also.

Typical and Disturbing.

lmao, SBIII is the king of the message board hit-and-run.

anyone else get the feeling that he already purchased the S4, and after seeing all the "nay" comments, just doesn't want to admit it?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lmao, SBIII is the king of the message board hit-and-run.

anyone else get the feeling that he already purchased the S4, and after seeing all the "nay" comments, just doesn't want to admit it?
    I think he was just spotted....

Thanks to Dirtstar for the MadSkillz inspiration...

key to used cars is to find a road warrior - a car know not to break down and that will last forever. i highly recommend a used mercedes for a variety of reasons. the old ones last forever - 200,000 miles is not a problem. the recent ones are not made as well. You can go back to mid 90's - pick one up for 5K and it will run for years. I have a 94 c280 i picked up several years ago. i have not put one dime into it other than oil changes and it runs great. well maintained they look like new cars - no one can believe my car is 14 years old. instead of 10K, you should be looking in the 6k range - can get a nice luxury car that will last a long time at that price. there are lots of car messageboards. google the make and model of the car you are looking to get and you can find 100's of reviews - that is how youo know what you are getting.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post

lolza....thats so awful, its great.

It looks like SB's ghost, chillin. He must have gotten an infection from the tattoo parlor.

Get a shytebox because you WILL smash it all up. Your a teenager. Thats your job.

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post

that is amazing. although if you, truly, did possess MaddSkillz, you would've added a 42-inch plasma tied to the roof and the new iPhone in SBIII's meaty paw.

still, tremendous effort

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Scratch the S4 off the list. I'm getting a private jet.

SBIII

And then stick the rest in the bank.