Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 188

Thread: 2002 Audi S4.

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    and SBIII if you are looking for an AWD, look no further than the best:




    an e30 325iX !!!

    FAQs = http://home.earthlink.net/~wardellhi...ral/iXfaq.html

    Road & Track published an excellent review of the E30 models in their April 1996 issue. The article is titled "Used Car Classic: BMW 3-Series, 1984-1992, Budget Bavarian sport and style" and covers the iX. The article states, "Finally there's the rather rare 325iX. The 2wd E30 cars are poor handlers on snow and ice, and the iX is the answer for motorists who must endure harsh winters. It's almost spooky how much extra grip it has over the rear driver."

    The rear traction bias of the iX and its balanced front-to-rear weight distribution provide superior traction on low friction surfaces when compared to the Audi 90, the Audi 90 Quattro, and the rear drive BMW325is. Road and Track ("Snow Test", Nov,'88) concluded, "Front-drive cars do not like to accelerate on slick surfaces." R and T also concludes that the 90 Quattro does not perform as well as the iX, saying, "Our acceleration champ was the iX. The AWD BMW was a blink quicker than the Quattro to 20 mph, 4.9 sec vs. 5.1 sec." In the hill climb, R and T says, "Once again, the BMW AWD system proved superior to the Quattro arangement." In the lane change, R and T says, "And again, the 325iX was the best." I've raced an M3 in the SCCA World Challenge Series and currently drive a new M3 (in good weather only). Personally, I really like a neutral handling car. I dislike the understeer characteristics of front-wheel and most AWD cars. To this end, the iX is much more neutral and handles more like a BMW that one would normally expect of a AWD car. No doubt about it both the Quattro and the iX are incredible cars, but my choice is the iX for the above reasons.




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBpDNYPeTQ
    Last edited by King Ryan; 06-13-2008 at 02:25 PM.

  2. #82
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    and SBIII if you are looking for an AWD, look no further than the best:




    an e30 325iX




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBpDNYPeTQ
    You don't get Roundel magazine by any chance, do you?

  3. #83
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL this thread is awesome.

    Seriously, spend money on things you need not luxury items. You're young, you never know when you are going to need money in the future. If I were you at your age with no expenses, I'd invest the money or put it away for future use. It's much easier spending money that you haven't worked for. (I'm assuming that this money wasn't earned by your labor)

    *Obviously I don't know what your earning potential/family's net worth is. If you can afford to blow thousands of dollars on TV's, cars and phones, good for you, but the money will run out and when you need to pay the rent in a few years your iphone won't help.

  4. #84
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    LOL this thread is awesome.

    Seriously, spend money on things you need not luxury items. You're young, you never know when you are going to need money in the future. If I were you at your age with no expenses, I'd invest the money or put it away for future use. It's much easier spending money that you haven't worked for. (I'm assuming that this money wasn't earned by your labor)
    IIRC, it's from an insurance settlement, right III?

  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    What's that? If it has to do with ground beef, go **** yourself.
    New sig.

    Im loving this thread

  6. #86
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an RS4 and its the best car I have ever had. Audis are great cars inside and out. I have had no problems at all.

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can always count on an SBIII thread cracking me up!!!
    QP.....GROUND BEEF???? Legendary!!!

    The beatings you take will only make you stronger....or suicidal!

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant stop laughing at the QP comment. So funny.

  9. #89
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    IIRC, it's from an insurance settlement, right III?
    Yes.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I cant stop laughing at the QP comment. So funny.
    the go **** yourself just added to it.

  11. #91
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I cant stop laughing at the QP comment. So funny.
    LOL, classic

  12. #92
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    JB.. I can fit comfortable in my friend's Supra.. so...

  13. #93
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    I got my e46 new from there and had it serviced there when I lived in CT and before I started doing all my own work on my Bimmers. I can also recommend that place
    We're getting off topic (what SBIII thread ever stays ON topic?), but my e46 has about 8 months left on factory warranty and maintenance. I found a good indy shop nearby (Beyer Motor Works) that has several ACE certified techs and they only handle imports (mostly German cars and Ferraris). I'm thinking about extending my BMW warranty for 2 years but not the maintenance. The independent shop charges about $79 for an oil service and $650 for an Inspection II. Sound reasonable given your experience and now as someone who does his own maintenance?

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    You don't get Roundel magazine by any chance, do you?
    of course I do! I'm an officer in the NJ chapter of the BMW CCA (http://www.njbmwcca.org or http://www.bmwcca.org)

  15. #95
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We're getting off topic (what SBIII thread ever stays ON topic?), but my e46 has about 8 months left on factory warranty and maintenance. I found a good indy shop nearby (Beyer Motor Works) that has several ACE certified techs and they only handle imports (mostly German cars and Ferraris). I'm thinking about extending my BMW warranty for 2 years but not the maintenance. The independent shop charges about $79 for an oil service and $650 for an Inspection II. Sound reasonable given your experience and now as someone who does his own maintenance?
    good question, the warranty on my M3 is up in November, where the heck am I going to take that?

  16. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I cant stop laughing at the QP comment. So funny.
    What is really ironic, is SBIII is one of the funniest posters on this board and he doesn't even try to be funny.

  17. #97
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    good question, the warranty on my M3 is up in November, where the heck am I going to take that?
    You have an M3?

    Aw man, that is my dream car.

  18. #98
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    of course I do! I'm an officer in the NJ chapter of the BMW CCA (http://www.njbmwcca.org or http://www.bmwcca.org)
    no kidding, I've been a member for years...ny chapter though, and I've ever gone to any events

  19. #99
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see an Audi as being right for your first car.

    Mine was a '77 VW Scirocco, similiar to this one. But it only cost me $700.



    Btw, the new 2009 Sciroccos look cool as hell -


  20. #100
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I drive a BMW hardtop convertible and am above all of you.

    Carry on.

    SAR I
    Maybe in staten island

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us