Thread: " Thomas Jones' Game Has A Soundtrack " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

" Thomas Jones' Game Has A Soundtrack " ~ ~ ~

Thomas Jones' Game Has A Soundtrack
    06/11 Thomas Jones has some tremendous concentration.

You could see it and hear it as he was asked multiple times during recent OTAs and the full-squad minicamp about the frustrations of last season, the possibility before the draft of the Jets taking Darren McFadden, the expectations for the coming season."I'm here only to focus on what I have to do," Jones would say, calmly, evenly.And you can see and hear that focus when you talk with Jones about the thing he has to do off the field. Jones has jumped into the music business.

"I've always loved music. It's something I've always wanted to do," he said recently. "I know a lot of entertainers, a lot of singers, a lot of people in the music industry, just being in the NFL and in certain environments." So Jones has started up his own production company, Outta Pocket Entertainment. He and his partners, friends of his from when he was growing up in Virginia and will run the company when he immerses himself in football in late July, have had discussions with record company executives and music distributors for the stable they're building.And the star of that stable is an R&B singer from Atlanta by the name of Myko Slim."I met Myko through one of my friends I grew up with," Jones said. "He's got a great voice, he's a young guy, and he's got a lot of potential to be a star, so we're excited about it."Jones has had other music connections this year. You may have heard of Trina's video, "I Gotta Thang For You," featuring Keyshia Cole as well as Jones strongly and silently appearing throughout as the video's love interest.

"I Gotta Thang For You" isn't anthem material for Jones' and the Jets' season ahead, but TJ mentioned a single that Myko has recorded that might do the trick."We have one song called 'Boss for the Moment,' " Jones said. "It's kind of like a club song, nice beat, nice concept. My favorite? It's one of them. Obviously, when you're on the football field, you want to be boss for the moment."And with Jones' legendary focus, there's no telling how long that moment will stretch in the coming year.

From Song Lines to the O-Line

Speaking about his other passion, the game of football, Jones sounded as eager to get working with his offensive line and his new mates on that O-line, Alan Faneca and Damien Woody, as he did about working with Myko."I'm excited just about the new guys," he said. "They're hard-working guys, they're experienced guys and they've won. They bring a winning attitude and they bring a good work ethic. That's good for the younger players to follow, and it's good for the older guys to have new guys come in with the same desire they have."

Faneca, Jones' new left guard, returned the compliment.

"There's an unsaid appreciation between running backs and O-linemen," Faneca said. "They appreciate us going out there and laying it on the line, and from my time you appreciate a guy who puts his head down and works hard. Especially when you get in the weightroom, you get a little bit more of the same appreciation."And of Jones and his noteworthy musculature, Faneca said, "No, there are not too many running backs working out with the O-linemen."
    [img]http://a212.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/m_d01902d2f949b3854ee6cca03ea61073.jpg[/img]

[QUOTE=kelly;2582146] Especially when you get in the weightroom, you get a little bit more of the same appreciation."And of Jones and his noteworthy musculature, Faneca said, "No, there are not too many running backs working out with the O-linemen."[/QUOTE]

whew, good thing Jones is lifting weights with Faneca, i was worried that his inability to catch, get in the end zone or hit a hole quickly were going to be his undoing.

As long as Jones can bench 300 pounds a few times the Jets should make it to the super bowl without much trouble at all.

[QUOTE=Ollie Octagon;2582157]whew, good thing Jones is lifting weights with Faneca, i was worried that his inability to catch, get in the end zone or hit a hole quickly were going to be his undoing.

As long as Jones can bench 300 pounds a few times the Jets should make it to the super bowl without much trouble at all.[/QUOTE]

lol....he's def a beast but he doesn't play like it really.......not saying he's a bad player at all, but he doesn't push the pile like he could/should

He will have a good year this year if he stays healthy, but I believe Leon needs to get about half the carries and be the 3rd down back......he's very underrated as an offensive weapon imo

He played like a beast in he Super Bowl,

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If Jones has a rock solid OL in place to open up holes, he's a borderline Top 10 player at his position IMO.

His last two years in Chicago were well above average and he came up big in the postseason during the Bears Superbowl run in '06. He basically was the Bears offense that year.

I think some people are still taking the potential of this O-line for granted. The Brick/Faneca/Mangold trifecta has the potential to rival the McKinnie/Hutch/Birk combo up in Minnesota if all things go well. Faneca is still one of the better interior O-linemen in the business and Mangold is as solid as they come at center. Ferguson is the key to this group. He showed signs of dominance last year but he needs to be more consistent. Woody and Moore are nothing special but their both solid players.

I could definitely see Jones racking up around 1300 yards and 6-8 TD's with Leon adding an additional 700 yards and 5 or so scores.

Hall Of Fame
    Based on what Cowher said about Faneca helping the Jets, I don't believe that Jones will experience any frustration and will have a better year then last.

Banned
    [QUOTE=kelly;2582146]Thomas Jones' Game Has A Soundtrack[/QUOTE]

What's the title?

Stuck in the Middle With You?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2584341]What's the title?

Stuck in the Middle With You?[/QUOTE]
    That wasn't funny.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SBIII;2584343]That wasn't funny.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="5"]QP[/SIZE][/B]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2584345][B][SIZE="5"]QP[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]
    [SIZE="6"][B]20/20[/B]
    [/SIZE]

He needs to concentrate on getting into the end zone & picking up blitzes for his QB; not getting onto a record label!!:rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2584341]What's the title?

Stuck in the Middle With You?[/QUOTE]

"Winning it all" by The Outfield..