Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIP Tim Russert Heart Attack at 58

When I heard about his death on my way home on the radio, I felt so very sad and it makes you reflect. Very sad and a great loss.

All League
    I posted this in a thread on the insider board. The thing that I found so unique about Russert was the fact that he did do his job not by trying to tell you what you should think as so may news people do. Russert asked the questions and the follow-ups and had you the viewer draw the conclusion. He came across not as the intellectual but the extension of the viewer asking the questions so many of use were wondering about. RIP Tim.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SMC;2583083]True on Gregory. I don't think ABC would let Stephanopolous go.

I think Paulie is right. Brokaw is the logical interim choice.[/QUOTE]

Brokaw would be terrible....he could never keep the pace of the show going the way Russert did or a Stepanopholous could...

his (Brokaw) delivery is terrible for a show like that ...listening to him he is either a chain smoker, woefully out of shape or both....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2583608]Sad situation, RIP.

However, I sense another tin foil hat situation brewing. How soon before the conspiracy theory loons start in with he was "silenced" by someone in a position of power?[/QUOTE]

Not long it turns out.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmc2ulB39IA[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2583724]Not long it turns out.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmc2ulB39IA[/url][/QUOTE]

not so far fetched considering part of this week's MTP show was covering the murder of paul wellstone...:O

Age and Work

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2582699]I remember saying just this week seeing him on tv that he looked horrible. He was overweight and he didn't appear right. I couldn't believe he was only 57. He looked much older. Shows how impt it is to take care of yourself.

A tragedy indeed. He had a lot of credibility and will be missed.[/QUOTE]

He was a fine family man and a very good journalist. Unfortunately , he was a workaholic and never exercised. It seems one can sacrifice TOO MUCH in trying to get to the top. The human body needs rest and exercise in the right amounts or it just gives up. Rest in Peace, friend.

All League
    Only saw this mentioned on Fox News. Russet just returned from a long flight from Italy. Passengers have bin know to develop blood clots dew to long periods of constrain. Just a thought.

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2583737]Only saw this mentioned on Fox News. Russet just returned from a long flight from Italy. Passengers have bin know to develop blood clots dew to long periods of constrain. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

I heard that from somewhere else yesterday, I don't remember where. It's a possibility, although Russert was constantly flying all over the country, and I don't know why this particular flight would have affected him. I guess we'll find out what happened if/when his autopsy results are released.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2583734]not so far fetched considering part of this week's MTP show was covering the murder of paul wellstone...:O[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Sunday, June 8?

There was no mention of Wellstone last week that I saw. Tomorrow's show will all be about the life of Russert.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2583734]not so far fetched considering part of this week's MTP show was covering the murder of paul wellstone...:O[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2583950]What do you mean? Sunday, June 8?

There was no mention of Wellstone last week that I saw. Tomorrow's show will all be about the life of Russert.[/QUOTE]

:shakehead:shakehead

truly a bottomless pit of stupidity....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2584044]:shakehead:shakehead

truly a bottomless pit of stupidity....[/QUOTE]

that was unecessary... i'm trying to be civil here... can you?

where you joking, or serious about the mention of Wellstone? it's not easy to get tone in cold words of text... turn it down a notch and please answer the very basic question.

[QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2584066]
    where you joking, or serious about the mention of Wellstone? it's not easy to get tone in cold words of text... turn it down a notch and please answer the very basic question.[/QUOTE]
    Fact: 17 years, 0 investigative cases covered on MTP.
    Fact: There was going to be a segment on MTP about Wellstone's murder on this week's episode, June 15.
    Fact: Russert, 58 years old, drops dead of a heart attack on Friday before Wellstone segment airs.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, by any stretch, and remain unconvinced (or at least HAD remained unconvinced) about the Wellstone case - but this is really incredible. Of course, all the Wellstone segment is bumped and by the time the show gets back on track...Election...new administration...could be another year.

All I can say is that I'm going to give it time and not draw any hasty conclusions. There's too much yet to come out.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2584314]Fact: 17 years, 0 investigative cases covered on MTP.
    Fact: There was going to be a segment on MTP about Wellstone's murder on this week's episode, June 15.
    Fact: Russert, 58 years old, drops dead of a heart attack on Friday before Wellstone segment airs.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, by any stretch, and remain unconvinced (or at least HAD remained unconvinced) about the Wellstone case - but this is really incredible. Of course, all the Wellstone segment is bumped and by the time the show gets back on track...Election...new administration...could be another year.

All I can say is that I'm going to give it time and not draw any hasty conclusions. There's too much yet to come out.[/QUOTE]

Russert's autopsy revealed a a pocket of cholesterol in his artery broke off and formed a clot. He also had an enlarged heart.

I just hope that all of us here get check ups on the reg

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2584066]that was unecessary... i'm trying to be civil here... can you?[/QUOTE]

you're trying to be civil??? that's funny...I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt...

[QUOTE]where you joking, or serious about the mention of Wellstone? it's not easy to get tone in cold words of text... turn it down a notch and please answer the very basic question.[/QUOTE]

it was a joke- just as the video posted was, just as the wellstone murder conspiracy is....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 06-16-2008 at 01:22 PM.