Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: G.o.a.t.

All League
    A name for our female posters and one that might enlighten some of the male's on this board Babe Dedrickson ( I hope I got the spelling correct). She was the ultimate female athlete.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=nycdan;2583464]Are we going to ignore the steroid rumors with Lance? No doubt he dominated, but there's a lot of smoke in that corner of the athletic world. IF you consider him a clean athlete, I'd put him on the top five GOAT list just for making it back from cancer and continuing his runs. He was a lot like Moses in that he didn't just excel...he didn't just win...he utterly dominated his event for years and years.[/QUOTE]

dude

his cells get energy from oxygen at freakish levels, and that has nothing to do with testosterone levels. that is classic god given ability category stuff right there

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2583544]A name for our female posters and one that might enlighten some of the male's on this board Babe Dedrickson ( I hope I got the spelling correct). She was the ultimate female athlete.[/QUOTE]

yup

gotta love a babe that can golf and run track and field. hey, when your trophy room gets made into a museum, you made it :D

All Pro
    Bjorn Borg
    Wayne Gretzky
    MJ

All Pro
    this thread is really BOOORING!:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetdawg;2583722]this thread is really BOOORING!:eek:[/QUOTE]

and I love it. no insults, or kids having problems playing in the sandbox.

what a welcome change

All League
    [QUOTE=samwise;2583726]and I love it. no insults, or kids having problems playing in the sandbox.

what a welcome change[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!!

All League
    A name no one has mentioned Dave Debusher a more than fair Basketball player and in the off season not a bad major league pitcher.

Hall Of Fame
    Easy
    [IMG]http://www.nymlb.com/images/products/rivephs010002.jpg[/IMG]

How is this even a question?

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.jordanextreme.com/mjawards/sixrings.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

All League
    [QUOTE=JV51;2583739]How is this even a question?

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.jordanextreme.com/mjawards/sixrings.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

The best all around BB player I ever saw was Magic Johnson (sorry MJ fans). Magic was and did play all 5 positions on the court and at an incredibly high level. For all around talent on the court its Magic in my opinion and he has the rings to show it.

Hall Of Fame
    Hockey- Bobby Orr
    Basketball- Most individually dominant- Wilt Chamberlain, but can't argue with Jordan or Russell
    Baseball- Willie Mays
    Football-Jim Brown

Probably Armstrong for most personal acheivement, but I'm a biker, so kind of biased

But probably Jim Brown for being tops in football and probably best ever in lacrosse, plus we're both Syracuse alums (met him a few times) so kind of biased that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Black Death;2583477]He was never tested positive for drugs and we should leave the rumours as gossip - I regard him as the greatest of his generation, but it is a stretch to say he 'dominated' - because he never won the two other great tours of Europe, the Giro and the Vuelta.

As I said, Armstrong only set himself for 3 weeks a year, admittedly he dominated those three weeks, but 3 weeks out of 52 doesn't stack up IMO to the record of Merckx.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was tested positive, and has been accused by ex-teamates and his ex trainer. It comes down to who you believe.

For me there's enough evidence to taint his legacy.

All Pro
    I am sorry to admit that I had to google what GOAT you were refering to. Greatest of all times, got it. I can't believe I wasn't catching on based on the people being named. It has been a brain cloud kinda day.

Just in case anyone was wondering, GOAT also stands for Galveston Orientation and Amnesia Test.

[IMG]http://www.best-horse-photos.com/images/Secretariat%20Horse%20Picture.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2583763]Yes, he was tested positive, and has been accused by ex-teamates and his ex trainer. It comes down to who you believe.

For me there's enough evidence to taint his legacy.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're just being all French, can't stand that a Texas boy has dominated your event :D

[QUOTE=pauliec;2583785][IMG]http://www.findagrave.com/photos/2003/5/1606_1041877445.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

A horse is not an athlete. Don't be ridiculous.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;2583787]Oh, you're just being all French, can't stand that a Texas boy has dominated your event :D[/QUOTE]

A Texan ruling over the [I]Tour de France[/I] is just wrong.;)

Whoever wins the Tour de France is de facto under suspicion.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2583794]
    Whoever wins the Tour de France is de facto under suspicion.[/QUOTE]

Whoever attends the Tour is under suspicion :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2583391]From 1963 to 1966, Sandy Koufax was the greatest.[/QUOTE]

Didnt do it against guys on juice though.;)