Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gulf of Tonkin a Hoax!

The Gulf of Tonkin a Hoax!

This has been news for about a week...not mainstream news of course but very important news (probably why it wasnt mainstream).

Gulf of Tonkin was a hoax. If you dont know what the Gulf of Tonkin was, it was the main reason why we went to war in Vietnam.

(its so crazy how we can go to war over something and 40 years later the truth can come out and its like it doesnt matter. I'd like to know what My grand children would know about the war on Terrorism 40 years from now).
    [url]http://emperors-clothes.com/archive/bradlee.htm[/url]
    [url]http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0805-09.htm[/url]

[QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2584145]This has been news for about a week...not mainstream news of course but very important news (probably why it wasnt mainstream).

Gulf of Tonkin was a hoax. If you dont know what the Gulf of Tonkin was, it was the main reason why we went to war in Vietnam.

(its so crazy how we can go to war over something and 40 years later the truth can come out and its like it doesnt matter. I'd like to know what My grand children would know about the war on Terrorism 40 years from now).
    [url]http://emperors-clothes.com/archive/bradlee.htm[/url]
    [url]http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0805-09.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

This isn't exactly "news."

Both of the articles you linked are more than five years old.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yikes..... Hey its the oldest trick in the book, leaders have lied about something to get approval to go to war for thousands of years! The Spartans, leader lied about their reason for war against Persia(if anyone saw "300" thats the War Im talking about.)

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2584151]This isn't exactly "news."

Both of the articles you linked are more than five years old.[/QUOTE]

well, actually the documents are more than 30 years old. The links dont represent the timeline in which the news media reported this...which was this past monday.

when I have my usual battles with the "bush never lied" crew at this site I usually site the Tonkin incident. But the Pentagon Papers is something that will blow your mind as well. In fact, if you are not aware about this I strongly suggest you look it up now.

While the Gulf of Tonkin incident is not new news, it would give another generation of Americans some perspective when considering the merits of the next war with the next grave and serious threat to our freedom. But the pentagon papers offer an even clearer window into why this country goes into war. You are right to say that the media fails our country because they fail to the their job with few exceptions (Russert).

The bottom line is history repeats itself, especially when the same criminals are in office throughout the years. Check out the pictures from the mid 70's of Cheney and Rumsfeld working together in the white house as just one example.

The questions that should be asked by the media (and never will because they are lap dogs) are this;
    1. Why did the government lie about the Tonkin incident? What did they gain from lying?
    2. Which government officials and politicans practice the doctrines in the Pentagon Papers?
    3. How does these actions and countless others influence why we go to war today.

If the media follows those answers to its conclussions, then we can take our country back. Until then, President Eisenhower's dire warning in his farewell speech will just be another part of history that is neatly buried from America's conscienceness.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-15-2008 at 10:28 AM.

[QUOTE=24;2584154]Yikes..... Hey its the oldest trick in the book, leaders have lied about something to get approval to go to war for thousands of years! The Spartans, leader lied about their reason for war against Persia(if anyone saw "300" thats the War Im talking about.)[/QUOTE]

Yes.....and if American citizens continue to be silent and allow this to happen, we will soon share the fates of those countries (and countless others like Rome).

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2584202]when I have my usual battles with the "bush never lied" crew at this site I usually site the Tonkin incident. But the Pentagon Papers is something that will blow your mind as well. In fact, if you are not aware about this I strongly suggest you look it up now.

While the Gulf of Tonkin incident is not new news, it would give another generation of Americans some perspective when considering the merits of the next war with the next grave and serious threat to our freedom. But the pentagon papers offer an even clearer window into why this country goes into war. You are right to say that the media fails our country because they fail to the their job with few exceptions (Russert).

The bottom line is history repeats itself, especially when the same criminals are in office throughout the years. Check out the pictures from the mid 70's of Cheney and Rumsfeld working together in the white house as just one example.

The questions that should be asked by the media (and never will because they are lap dogs) are this;
    1. Why did the governemnt lie about the Tonkin incident? What did they gain from lying?
    2. Which government officials and politicans practice the doctrines in the Pentagon Papers?
    3. How does these actions and countless others influence why we go to war today.

If the media follows those answers to its conclussions, then we can take our country back. Until then, President Eisenhower's dire warning in his farewell speech will just be another part of history that is neatly buried from America's conscienceness.[/QUOTE]

Im going to check out that information ASAP. what i've been looking up as of late is the 35 vaccine shots that the govt is making madatory for children to take with all types of cancers that you could imagine. Some type of cancer cocktail. and if you dont give this to your child then you cant enroll them in school. crazy right?

Same people who do this is suppose to look out for our well being.

By the way, a little nugget from the news;

[B][SIZE="5"]'100 years to recover from Bush'[/SIZE][/B]
    14/06/2008 14:13 - (SA)

[url]http://www.news24.com/News24v2/Components/Generic/News24v2_Print_PopUp_Article/0,8838,2-10-1462_2340682,00.html[/url]

Madrid - It will take the United States a century to recover from the damage wreaked by President George. W Bush, US writer Gore Vidal said in an interview published on Saturday.

"The president behaved like a virtual criminal [B]but we didn't have the courage to sack him for fear of violating the American constitution[/B]," Vidal told the El Mundo newspaper.

The author, a trenchant critic of the US-led invasion of Iraq, said it would take the United States "100 years to repair the damage" caused by Bush.

[SIZE="4"][B]"We live in a dictatorship. We have a fascist government ...which controls the media," he said. [/B][/SIZE]

Vidal also said presidential aspirant Barack Obama was "intelligent" adding that it would be a "novelty" to have an "intelligent" person in the White House.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2584229]By the way, a little nugget from the news;

[url]http://www.news24.com/News24v2/Components/Generic/News24v2_Print_PopUp_Article/0,8838,2-10-1462_2340682,00.html[/url]

Madrid - It will take the United States a century to recover from the damage wreaked by President George. W Bush, US writer Gore Vidal said in an interview published on Saturday.

"The president behaved like a virtual criminal [B]but we didn't have the courage to sack him for fear of violating the American constitution[/B]," Vidal told the El Mundo newspaper.

The author, a trenchant critic of the US-led invasion of Iraq, said it would take the United States "100 years to repair the damage" caused by Bush.

[SIZE="4"][B]"We live in a dictatorship. We have a fascist government ...which controls the media," he said. [/B][/SIZE]

Vidal also said presidential aspirant Barack Obama was "intelligent" adding that it would be a "novelty" to have an "intelligent" person in the White House.[/QUOTE]

You're right, especially financially. he's already spent 1 trillion, no telling how bad this war is going to set us back. In regards to our international credibility, well lets face it, have the US ever been credible since 1914? our government has killed more people than every other gov plus cigarettes and alcohol along with pharmaceutical drugs combined....well, the government runs pharmacies so I might as well retract that....lol.

We may not ever recover. Remember, every successful nation has been around for 200-225 years. Well, 1777-2008....do the math. This War and the way that bush has the world looking at us may actually be that turning point in world history. We may have seen the golden days of this country...granted its hard to have a country stay healthy when the gov't has done nothing but rob, cheat and steal since its existence in this "new world".

I guess the winners are the people who fund both sides of wars.....dig people, there's truth!

P.S. We have the wrong C.I.A. We dont need a Central Intelligence Agency, We need a Civilian Intelligence Agency. If us as a people begin to be more responsible in the outcome of domestic and world affairs then these goons wont have the space or opportunity to have us look like complete morons to the rest of the world. Its bigger than just knowing whats the truth. its really being part of the public service.
    Last edited by villain_the_foe; 06-15-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Vidal also said presidential aspirant Barack Obama was "intelligent" adding that it would be a "novelty" to have an "intelligent" person in the White House.[/QUOTE]

What a smelly crock of poo.

100 years? Not even close, we'll be "over" him and his "damage" before we get to President #2 after him, or the next time we find the various Nations of the World in need of our help (Help they will never appreciate anyway, but eh)..

Vidal seems to imply we shouldn't be afriad of "violating the American constitution", and just overthrow him anyway (A coup, where someone selected, not elected, becomes King of the Dictatorship he thinks America is? How quaint and rebellious).

And as for being a Dictatorship. Thats so laughable to anyone with a shred of common sense, it's not even worth commenting on. Tin Foil Hat Wearers of the World Unite!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;2584242]What a smelly crock of poo.

100 years? Not even close, we'll be "over" him and his "damage" before we get to President #2 after him, or the next time we find the various Nations of the World in need of our help (Help they will never appreciate anyway, but eh)..

Vidal seems to imply we shouldn't be afriad of "violating the American constitution", and just overthrow him anyway (A coup, where someone selected, not elected, becomes King of the Dictatorship he thinks America is? How quaint and rebellious).

And as for being a Dictatorship. Thats so laughable to anyone with a shred of common sense, it's not even worth commenting on. Tin Foil Hat Wearers of the World Unite!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

We'll be over bush that quick huh? as soon as some country needs our help??? when does the US help countries? please name a country for me that we've helped in the past 50 years. Jerusalem and the Vatican basically runs or are in best positions to take advantage of whatever this country has done the past 50-75 years.

Serously though, what country has the US helped? Oh, and please be careful with this question, because the United states have funded alot of "terrorist acts around the world, and especially in the middle east in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Please dont say Germany in the 40's because we could have done something about hitler back in 1933 but obviously that didnt occur, I guess because our banks were funding him.

I guess you can say the british...which that would be a laugh. Thats like a younger brother helping an older brother. So, what countries are we helping these days? maybe im overlooking the dozens of countries, states and governments that we've done right by.

please dont feel like im trying to throw us under the bus and make us sound bad. as citizens we're some of the best in the world. but our government is some of the worst. It gives people around the world a bad taste in their mouths...especially when we act like the government of the world when our government enforcement is only domestically extended.
    Last edited by villain_the_foe; 06-15-2008 at 12:14 PM.

This ****ing ASS HOLE doesn't know what it's like to live in a dictatorship. What a prick. I'm so sick of that kind of language.

I wish Bill Buckley was still alive so he could lay the smackdown on Vidal like he used to on Firing Line. Doom and gloom liberal, he's been like that for forty years.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2584385]This ****ing ASS HOLE doesn't know what it's like to live in a dictatorship. What a prick. I'm so sick of that kind of language.

I wish Bill Buckley was still alive so he could lay the smackdown on Vidal like he used to on Firing Line. Doom and gloom liberal, he's been like that for forty years.[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGRvWMq38XQ[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2584205]Yes.....and if American citizens continue to be silent and allow this to happen, we will soon share the fates of those countries (and countless others like Rome).[/QUOTE]

Disagree... Its happened to be a necessary tactic that works most of the time.

flushingjet
    [quote=villain_the_foe;2584282]We'll be over bush that quick huh? as soon as some country needs our help??? when does the US help countries? please name a country for me that we've helped in the past 50 years. Jerusalem and the Vatican basically runs or are in best positions to take advantage of whatever this country has done the past 50-75 years.

Serously though, what country has the US helped? Oh, and please be careful with this question, because the United states have funded alot of "terrorist acts around the world, and especially in the middle east in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Please dont say Germany in the 40's because we could have done something about hitler back in 1933 but obviously that didnt occur, I guess because our banks were funding him.

I guess you can say the british...which that would be a laugh. Thats like a younger brother helping an older brother. So, what countries are we helping these days? maybe im overlooking the dozens of countries, states and governments that we've done right by.

please dont feel like im trying to throw us under the bus and make us sound bad. as citizens we're some of the best in the world. but our government is some of the worst. It gives people around the world a bad taste in their mouths...especially when we act like the government of the world when our government enforcement is only domestically extended.[/quote]

oh great

yet another anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic ron paul disciple
    crawling out of the slime

or lib

hard to tell these days which hates themselves or america more

[URL]http://qesdb.usaid.gov/gbk/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp[/URL]

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2584502]oh great

yet another anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic ron paul disciple
    crawling out of the slime

or lib

hard to tell these days which hates themselves or america more

[URL]http://qesdb.usaid.gov/gbk/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp[/URL][/QUOTE]

I dont mind the bashing...but could you atleast answer my questions? Atleast I can say "hey, he answered the questions with thoughtful answers and THEN bashed me.....for good reason given that his response to my quite simple questions were so thought out. Damn, he pwned me".

Please, I'd love to say that to myself. Do me a favor and let me know what countries this government has helped out of the pure kindness of its political heart. please put me in my place so I can crawl back to the slimy cespool of a naughty place that my wicked self has come from...lol.

P.S. That wicked/horrible stench of a smell that you had to endure when reading my post was called...."truth" (shhhh, dont let anyone know, they may realize that not all things in the world smell like roses. Sometimes when things are told to us and it smells like sh!t...like the "WMD's", and then when you see the outcome and the outcome looks like sh!t "No WMD's", you tend to find yourself in a very Sh!tty situation like "hey, no WMD's but look at all this oil that we found;...WE HAD NO IDEA THAT THERE WAS ALL THIS OIL HERE. Might as well just take it then". HEY!, maybe the WMD's is at the bottom of the oil filled holes, we'll we'll have to get all the oil out the way and use if first....and that'll take about thirty years, which is perfect for the CIA to then be able to finally submit to the public a declassified document showing how there's no such thing as "terrorist", but we knew that because we couldnt even give a definition of a terrorist when we speak about one).

I guess this is the type of government thats soooo willing to help people. Cant even help its own people that it works for. stop trying to feed my garbage by bashing me and answer a question. how about that sun.
    Last edited by villain_the_foe; 06-15-2008 at 05:17 PM.

The Gulf of Tonkin a Hoax!

So were the Pats* superbowl victories. Life is tough.

flushingjet
    [quote=villain_the_foe;2584550]I dont mind the bashing...but could you atleast answer my questions? Atleast I can say "hey, he answered the questions with thoughtful answers and THEN bashed me.....for good reason given that his response to my quite simple questions were so thought out. Damn, he pwned me".

Please, I'd love to say that to myself. Do me a favor and let me know what countries this government has helped out of the pure kindness of its political heart. please put me in my place so I can crawl back to the slimy cespool of a naughty place that my wicked self has come from...lol.

P.S. That wicked/horrible stench of a smell that you had to endure when reading my post was called...."truth" (shhhh, dont let anyone know, they may realize that not all things in the world smell like roses. Sometimes when things are told to us and it smells like sh!t...like the "WMD's", and then when you see the outcome and the outcome looks like sh!t "No WMD's", you tend to find yourself in a very Sh!tty situation like "hey, no WMD's but look at all this oil that we found;...WE HAD NO IDEA THAT THERE WAS ALL THIS OIL HERE. Might as well just take it then". HEY!, maybe the WMD's is at the bottom of the oil filled holes, we'll we'll have to get all the oil out the way and use if first....and that'll take about thirty years, which is perfect for the CIA to then be able to finally submit to the public a declassified document showing how there's no such thing as "terrorist", but we knew that because we couldnt even give a definition of a terrorist when we speak about one).

I guess this is the type of government thats soooo willing to help people. Cant even help its own people that it works for. stop trying to feed my garbage by bashing me and answer a question. how about that sun.[/quote]

willem dafoe,

I gave you 2 links for some sample analysis,
    do you want me to read them for you too?

truthfully,what do wmd's, which are all over the ME,
    or oil, have to do with the topic of US foreign aid,
    or the rationale for/against such aid.

i couldnt help but notice
    that you posted that Jerusalem
    (read: those evil Jews)
    and the Vatican
    (read: those evil kid touching Catholics)
    more or less run America, ~and~
    the US doesnt help anyone,
    and I gave you 2 internetz links, of potentially
    hundreds, that describe in detail otherwise.

so which is the truth?
    easily googled facts?
    or your wild-eyed posts?

you now ask us who have we helped out of kindness...
    guess the 2004 tsunami victims, and the latest
    flood/earthquake victims in myanmar and china dont count

truth be told, if you don't know now what good the USA has done
    over the last 50-75 years all over the world, you may never know

interesting, growing up I use to think the USA was the greatest place in the world and I felt lucky to be living in a country that I thought everyone wanted to live in

But is the US the best place in the world? The more I open my eyes, the more I think we might be an "evil" country, are we an evil country? What were the real motives for the Vietnam war, what are the real motives for the war in Iraq?

flushingjet
    token,
    i dunno, what were our enemies' motives in trying to
    dominate/enslave the world?

why do millions try to enter this evil country illegally every year?

are they evil-doers twice-over?

no thanks to the likes of sicko, sociopathic lib teachers/media,
    we have people questioning our country 24x7
    Last edited by flushingjet; 06-15-2008 at 07:46 PM.