Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Bodes Well for Gholston and Pace

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;2584837]I dn't know what game you were watching but from the clips I saw, Long was VG's b*tch.

Besides that his role in the Jets Defense is going to be alot different than the predominantly down lineman he was at Ohio State. Most of the time he is going to be pinning his ears back and rushing the passer, which happened to be what LT made the HOF doing. And let's stop kidding ourselves here. Gholston has the biggest upside of any player in the past draft includding Darren the Gangbanger McFadden.[/QUOTE]

Gholston could pin his ears back and rush the passer every down, even on running downs. Your just going to open a lane for the Dolphins running backs to exploit. Won't disagree about what you said about Gholston. Gholston could also be the biggest bust in this draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584851]Gholston could pin his ears back and rush the passer every down, even on running downs. Your just going to open a lane for the Dolphins running backs to exploit. Won't disagree about what you said about Gholston. Gholston could also be the biggest bust in this draft.[/QUOTE]

McFadden has a better chance of that happening to him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so could McFadden.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;2584853]McFadden has a better chance of that happening to him.[/QUOTE]

ya beat me to it. :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JiF;2584849]I doub Gholston gets that much action week 1. He is going to be in on pass rush moments.[/QUOTE]

You can't start a B Thomas and a C Pace at OLB together in a 3-4. You would get killed. Neither are going to provide enough pressure . Gholston will defintely be one of Jets starting Olb week 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;2584854]so could McFadden.[/QUOTE]

Not if 300 lb "Butterbean" Russel will block for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;2584853]McFadden has a better chance of that happening to him.[/QUOTE]

weren't you the poster who predicted 14-2 record last year. (Jets)

I rest my case.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;2584860]Not if 300 lb "Butterbean" Russel will block for him.[/QUOTE]

:D:D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EY;2584847]And yes, I watched the match-up, did you... because he not only got the one sack, but caused a ton of problems in the backfield for Henne/Mallet.

I also know that Michigan, led by Jake Long and Mike Hart (albeit he was hurt) ended up with 3 points and 15 yards on the ground. So, I would answer your question with, he did VERY WELL in the ground game.[/QUOTE]

I guess you must have missed this.

I'll repost it for your convenience.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584862]weren't you the poster who predicted 14-2 record last year. (Jets)

I rest my case.[/QUOTE]
    Please remind us record you predicted for Raiders in the last 4 years. We are all ears.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584862]weren't you the poster who predicted 14-2 record last year. (Jets)

I rest my case.[/QUOTE]

While Ray Ray's predictions are never much to behold, you again are in no position to criticize someone's homeristic beliefs...

I'm pretty sure you predicted playoffs for the raiders last year, no?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;2584867]Please remind us record you predicted for Raiders in the last 4 years. We are all ears.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't 14-2. Was it. :eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EY;2584868]While Ray Ray's predictions are never much to behold, you again are in no position to criticize someone's homeristic beliefs...

I'm pretty sure you predicted playoffs for the raiders last year, no?[/QUOTE]

NO I believe I said at least 8 games. What does the Raiders have to do with this thread.

Again you can feel good about J long struggling against speed rushers in June. THan when Dolphins running game destroys you,(w3ith Long a big part) lets see if you feel the same way.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-15-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EY;2584865]I guess you must have missed this.

I'll repost it for your convenience.[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you a question when a team has a Hart(hurt) or a Ronnie Brown running the ball. Which running attack is more potent. You wou8ld have to admit your talking about a dfiffrent type of running back.

So let me get this straight your saying Ronnie Brown won't do anything against Gholston and Jets defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RidgeJetsFan;2584463]From the latest PFW Whispers section:

[I]Sources in Miami tell us rookie Jake Long is every bit the physical specimen he’s been billed as, but he clearly has a long way to go before becoming an upper-crust offensive lineman. Through minicamp, Long, the first overall pick in the draft, has shown glimpses of dominance as a run blocker [B]but has struggled to hold speed rushers at bay in pass protection.[/B][/I]

- Justin[/QUOTE]

Nothing new here - that was his criticism in the draft reports. Most scouts said he'd be a great RT but a suspect LT.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584871]NO I believe I said at least 8 games. What does the Raiders have to do with this thread.[/QUOTE]

Your presence trolling makes it about the Raiders. People in glass houses I believe is the saying.

Oh, and if I remember correctly, you predicted playoffs when they were 2-2. Which led you to losing the bet to Klecko.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EY;2584881]Your presence trolling makes it about the Raiders. People in glass houses I believe is the saying.

Oh, and if I remember correctly, you predicted playoffs when they were 2-2. Which led you to losing the bet to Klecko.[/QUOTE]

Well you would be wrong. The bet was Raiders would win six games. Obviously I lost. Don't let the facts get in the way .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584876]Let me ask you a question when a team has a Hart(hurt) or a Ronnie Brown running the ball. Which running attack is more potent. You wou8ld have to admit your talking about a dfiffrent type of running back.

So let me get this straight your saying Ronnie Brown won't do anything against Gholston and Jets defense.[/QUOTE]

You asked.

[QUOTE]but how did Gholston do against him in the running game. [/QUOTE]

I answered.

And no, I didn't say Ronnie Brown wont do anything, I simply refuted your silly theory that Gholston can't hold up against the run, using your own situation as evidence.

See how easy that was?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584883]Well you would be wrong. The bet was Raiders would win six games. Obviously I lost. Don't let the facts get in the way .[/QUOTE]

I know what the bet was... losing the bet was insult to injury after your prediction.

*Oh, and once again, your in no position to talk facts after you OSU/UM running game statement.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I rest my case.[/QUOTE]

No, that was you predicting 14-2 for the Raiders

You rest nothing, you're a pathetic homer.