Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Bodes Well for Gholston and Pace

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see, i'm not a big poster, but i've been reading JI for about 6 months now. I've read a lot really annoying posts from the chowds and a lot of terrible ones from Jets homers as well. But no poster is as ridiculous as raider9175. Yes the Jets suck and they need to start winning some worthwhile games to get respect. But I'm gonna try to put this in simple terms you can understand...

THE RAIDERS BLOW.

End of discussion. Please don't list height, weight, and 40 times of your players in a effort to show they're superior to those of another team. YOUR TEAM BLOWS EVER SINCE THE LOSS AT THE SUPERBOWL. They have been god awful/boderline unwatchable. I, as a Jets fan, have felt bad for them at times. That's embarassing. Sorry if this is a bit harsh, but I had to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EY;2584885]I know what the bet was... losing the bet was insult to injury after your prediction.

*Oh, and once again, your in no position to talk facts after you OSU/UM running game statement.[/QUOTE]

Again what did Gholston and Ohio State prove when Hart you admitted wasn't healthy for Michigan. HOw can a Jake Long, you would admit a dominate run blocker , show his worth against Gholston. (thats like having a gun without any bullets) Everyone KNOws Jake Long can run block. Lets see what Gholston does against him in that area . THIs time mLong has bullets in the chamber.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584890]Again what did Gholston and Ohio State prove when Hart you admitted wasn't healthy for Michigan. HOw can a Jake Long, you would admit a dominate run blocker , show his worth against Gholston. (thats like having a gun without any bullets) Everyone KNOws Jake Long can run block. Lets see what Gholston does against him in that area . THIs time mLong has bullets in the chamber.[/QUOTE]

It's funny watching you throw bullets at Gholston, but are quick to defend anything thrown at McFadden, when most of the football world thinks he is one of the top players in the draft that could easily bust.

Not a prediction, common knowledge.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2584835]Dude, he hasn't played ONE down in the NFL yet.[/QUOTE]

Great logic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584890]Again what did Gholston and Ohio State prove when Hart you admitted wasn't healthy for Michigan. HOw can a Jake Long, you would admit a dominate run blocker , show his worth against Gholston. (thats like having a gun without any bullets) Everyone KNOws Jake Long can run block. Lets see what Gholston does against him in that area . THIs time mLong has bullets in the chamber.[/QUOTE]

I agree he can run block. And a brief review of my posts will show you that nowhere did I claim the Jets will completely shut down the run game against him... That's a fabrication you created to make your argument because you have 0 defense for my real argument.

Hart's injury slowed him, but that shouldn't have kept him from being at all productive... he was out there, obviously hurt, but not an invalid. And how come no big runs by any of the other Michigan RBs? Where were they? They should have had enormous holes to blow through with Jake Long absolutely dominating Gholston.

I simply answered your question, which was based on flawed logic, and you started a new train of thought. I know it, you know it, and everyone reading this thread knows it.

Do you have anything of value to contribute, or are you just going to take another tangential argument that somehow shows why the Jets are doomed forever or the Raiders are about to be a dynasty?

Serious question, have you been right about anything? Frankly, we Jets fans should be thrilled you think Gholston will get killed by Long, your track record means it's good news for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;2584891]It's funny watching you throw bullets at Gholston, but are quick to defend anything thrown at McFadden, when most of the football world thinks he is one of the top players in the draft that could easily bust.

Not a prediction, common knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Again Ray Ray. That reminds me of M Piazza said about chipper jones. Im not calling any Grown man Chipper.(larry) Lose the Ray Ray . It was cute when you were 8 years old.

NOw getting back to the subject. I know reading not your strong suit, but where was I throwing bullets at Gholston and defending Mcfadden. I ignored everyone silly Mcfadden comments, because you can say all you want about Mcfadden now, but lets see what MCfadden does in 2008.
    Im not the guy thats going to be eating crow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EY;2584902]I agree he can run block. And a brief review of my posts will show you that nowhere did I claim the Jets will completely shut down the run game against him... That's a fabrication you created to make your argument because you have 0 defense for my real argument.

Hart's injury slowed him, but that shouldn't have kept him from being at all productive... he was out there, obviously hurt, but not an invalid. And how come no big runs by any of the other Michigan RBs? Where were they? They should have had enormous holes to blow through with Jake Long absolutely dominating Gholston.

I simply answered your question, which was based on flawed logic, and you started a new train of thought. I know it, you know it, and everyone reading this thread knows it.

Do you have anything of value to contribute, or are you just going to take another tangential argument that somehow shows why the Jets are doomed forever or the Raiders are about to be a dynasty?

Serious question, have you been right about anything? Frankly, we Jets fans should be thrilled you think Gholston will get killed by Long, your track record means it's good news for us.[/QUOTE]

Let me say it slow for you. YOU CAN GET EXCITED AT THE PROSPECT OF FACING J LONG AND GHOLSTON DESTROYING HIM IN PASS RUSH SITUATIONS. tHE THING IS IF THE DOLPHINS DON'T GET IN KNOWN PASSING SITUATIONS. LETS SEE HOW EFFECTIVE GHOLSTON IS AGAINST j LONG. LETS SEE HOW YOU SPIN THIS THREAD AFTER THE SEASON. LETS SEE IF GHOLSTON DOMINATES JAKE LONG.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584908]Let me say it slow for you. YOU CAN GET EXCITED AT THE PROSPECT OF FACING J LONG AND GHOLSTON DESTROYING HIM IN PASS RUSH SITUATIONS. tHE THING IS IF THE DOLPHINS DON'T GET IN KNOWN PASSING SITUATIONS. LETS SEE HOW EFFECTIVE GHOLSTON IS AGAINST j LONG. LETS SEE HOW YOU SPIN THIS THREAD AFTER THE SEASON. LETS SEE IF GHOLSTON DOMINATES JAKE LONG.[/QUOTE]

You asked how he did in the running game, assuming it was 'not well', and you were wrong.

Now, are you going to tell me that the 1-16 Dolphins are going to be so good this year that they'll never been in passing situations?

You're basically implying that we're looking at one of the greatest running offenses in the league now. Otherwise, even with the Jets lowly and dismal defense (your contention), the Dolphins aren't even going to need to pass?

Let me ask you something, if you were Mangini, would you even bother showing up to work?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raider9175 knows everything! :yes:

They have him tucked away in a NASA laboratory somewhere in Texas, with the use of only a small laptop and bottled water.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584904]Again Ray Ray. That reminds me of M Piazza said about chipper jones. Im not calling any Grown man Chipper.(larry) Lose the Ray Ray . It was cute when you were 8 years old.

NOw getting back to the subject. I know reading not your strong suit, but where was I throwing bullets at Gholston and defending Mcfadden. I ignored everyone silly Mcfadden comments, because you can say all you want about Mcfadden now, but lets see what MCfadden does in 2008.
    Im not the guy thats going to be eating crow.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, you're an arrogant little prick, aren't ya.

You question my reading ability, yet you try to interpret my original comment on McFadden as a prediction, when it never really was, it was a statement that most here already understand as common knowledge and have talked about endlessly since the offseason began.

It's funny watching you defend it, try to spin some negative Gholston rhetoric, then get your panties in a wad about the same statement made about McFadden, and then go on and try to promise us all McFadden won't be a bust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584859]You can't start a B Thomas and a C Pace at OLB together in a 3-4. You would get killed. Neither are going to provide enough pressure . Gholston will defintely be one of Jets starting Olb week 1.[/QUOTE]

You are 100% wrong on some many accounts, its really not even worth getting into it with you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JiF;2584946]You are 100% wrong on some many accounts, its really not even worth getting into it with you.[/QUOTE]

No basically you have no answer for the truth. When Gholston starting at one of The OLBs on game number 1. What will you say than. Neither C pace or B Thomas are good enough pass rushers to start them in a 3-4 defense. (together) Jets would get killed with the pass if they started that combination.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;2584944]Whoa, you're an arrogant little prick, aren't ya.

You question my reading ability, yet you try to interpret my original comment on McFadden as a prediction, when it never really was, it was a statement that most here already understand as common knowledge and have talked about endlessly since the offseason began.

It's funny watching you defend it, try to spin some negative Gholston rhetoric, then get your panties in a wad about the same statement made about McFadden, and then go on and try to promise us all McFadden won't be a bust.[/QUOTE]

Okay Ray Ray. Your mom calling you to go to sleep. You can come up with all the BS statements you want. Like jets will be 14-2. NO one believed you than, and no one believes any statements you make. You made some lame statement, and its common knowledge because GOd told you so. OR was it the Aliens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=RidgeJetsFan;2584463]From the latest PFW Whispers section:

[I]Sources in Miami tell us rookie Jake Long is every bit the physical specimen hes been billed as, but he clearly has a long way to go before becoming an upper-crust offensive lineman. Through minicamp, Long, the first overall pick in the draft, has shown glimpses of dominance as a run blocker [B]but has struggled to hold speed rushers at bay in pass protection.[/B][/I]

- Justin[/quote]
    Don't read too much into it right now, if they are still saying the same thing midway through the season then come back to me. He's a rookie going through his first camp and I've heard nothing but good things so far, PFT is a garbage site.

PFT has come up in many conversations on our site and I got sick and tired of reading "rumor mill" crap being taken as fact so I sent in a fake story and Florio ran with it without any evidence. He credited it as "sources close to the team" and the Dolphin fans ran with it. So that told me all I needed to know about Florio and his site. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584845]The question isn't that, but how will gholston hold up in the running game against Jake Long.(a dominate run blocker) So before you start getting exciting aboout your team facing Jake Long. You better make sure your able to get in obvious passing situations. IF not, its immaterial because they just might run the ball down your throat. Hard to pass rush on run downs.[/QUOTE]

You are so off on this it's not even funny. First of all the Jets play a 3/4 so the OLB is standing up in space not on the line of scrimmage, depending on the defensive call it could be a DE engaging the LT not an OLB, meaning that Gholston will have a huge advantage on Long on passing downs. While on run downs he will get help from the DE as well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584974]Okay Ray Ray. [B]Your mom calling you to go to sleep.[/B] You can come up with all the BS statements you want. Like jets will be 14-2. NO one believed you than, and no one believes any statements you make. [B]You made some lame statement, and its common knowledge because GOd told you so. OR was it the Aliens.[/QUOTE]
    [/B]

Wow.....im impressed with how stupid and immature you are apart from being wrong. You did the same thing to me months ago. Glad to see your balls dropped since then. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Mogglez; 06-16-2008 at 12:19 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2584908]Let me say it slow for you. YOU CAN GET EXCITED AT THE PROSPECT OF FACING J LONG AND GHOLSTON DESTROYING HIM IN PASS RUSH SITUATIONS. tHE THING IS IF THE DOLPHINS DON'T GET IN KNOWN PASSING SITUATIONS. LETS SEE HOW EFFECTIVE GHOLSTON IS AGAINST j LONG. LETS SEE HOW YOU SPIN THIS THREAD AFTER THE SEASON. LETS SEE IF GHOLSTON DOMINATES JAKE LONG.[/QUOTE]

Son we own the Dolphins, they are our redheaded step children, we take them behind the woodshed and spank them every year, only team worse than the Fins are the Raiders. But going back to Gholston vs Long, in a 3/4 the NT handles the center while the ILB's take on the guards and the DE's engage the tackles, most of the time Gholston will be in position to help out not take on a tackle one on one. This puts an inexperienced pass blocking LT like Long at a huge disavantage against a pass rushing monster like Gholston. Oh and Ronnie Brown is extremely overrated, the complete package but no killer instinct and no vision, like I said bring on Ronnie, he's not running up the middle on Big Jenks and Harris cleaning up the garbage.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;2584989]Son we own the Dolphins, they are our redheaded step children, we take them behind the woodshed and spank them every year, only team worse than the Fins are the Raiders. But going back to Gholston vs Long, in a 3/4 the NT handles the center while the ILB's take on the guards and the DE's engage the tackles, most of the time Gholston will be in position to help out not take on a tackle one on one. This puts an inexperienced pass blocking LT like Long at a huge disavantage against a pass rushing monster like Gholston. Oh and Ronnie Brown is extremely overrated, the complete package but no killer instinct and no vision, like I said bring on Ronnie, he's not running up the middle on Big Jenks and Harris cleaning up the garbage.[/QUOTE]

Well said...well said. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Slikmojet;2584989] Oh and Ronnie Brown is extremely overrated, the complete package but no killer instinct and no vision, like I said bring on Ronnie, he's not running up the middle on Big Jenks and Harris cleaning up the garbage.[/quote]
    Couldn't be further from the truth.

Truth is, Ronnie has played behind some really ****ty OL's and was routinely hit 2 and 3 yards behind the line. Last year the OL actually started out the season pretty well and you saw how well Ronnie did once he was given the ball 20+ times a game like the rest of the top RB's in the league. To say that he doesn't have vision or instinct is short sighted and ignores the poor surrounding cast, poor playcalling (in his 1st 2 years Miami would abandon the running game if down in the 2nd half leaving Ronnie with 3 2nd half carries), poor OL and the fact that he was sharing carries with Ricky and Chatman.

Ronnie is a power back who gets better as the game goes on and the defenses wear down, he can and has run up the middle successfully, I dont see that changing anytime soon.