Thread: I don't understand Republicans

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand Republicans

They seem to complain alot about taxes, but at the same time they support the war in Iraq, the war is going to cost between 2 and 3 trillion dollars when all is said and done, how do they expect to pay for it?

Our national debt is also about 10 trillion dollars, how do they expect that to be paid for?

flushingjet
    toker,
    most of the people who support the war also
    literally support it by,
    you guessed it,
    paying most of the taxes.

those people (i.e. folks like me) pay not only for defense and the military
    but every social program, government employee and
    other miscellaneous handout under the sun.

a good starting point but not authoritative:

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget,_2007[/URL]

every year without fail,
    when the kiddies start getting out of school for the summer
    this place turns into doofusville....the 2007 budget
    included $90B for education yet the yoots sound dumber
    than ever....i want a bigger tax rebate

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tok3535;2584686]They seem to complain alot about taxes, but at the same time they support the war in Iraq, the war is going to cost between 2 and 3 trillion dollars when all is said and done, how do they expect to pay for it?

Our national debt is also about 10 trillion dollars, how do they expect that to be paid for?[/QUOTE]

Cutting welfare off from professional layabouts would be a good start.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2584700]Cutting welfare off from professional layabouts would be a good start.[/QUOTE]

ha I knew welfare would be brought up, do you know welfare only accounts for about 3% of every tax dollar you spend?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tok3535;2584706]ha I knew welfare would be brought up, do you know welfare only accounts for about 3% of every tax dollar you spend?[/QUOTE]

Did you include medicaid?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2584712]Did you include medicaid?[/QUOTE]

Which our "conservative" president expanded! :eek:

Neocons are not true political conservatives. They are fiscally irresponsible social conservatives who mistakenly joined the wrong party and then hijacked it. :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2584738]Which our "conservative" president expanded! :eek:

Neocons are not true political conservatives. They are fiscally irresponsible social conservatives who mistakenly joined the wrong party and then hijacked it. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Each state runs their own program, so although there are federal matching funds, controling costs is more a state by state issue. Some states have up to 22% of their budget taken up by medicaid.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2584712]Did you include medicaid?[/QUOTE]

so should medicaid be cut? And how much does that account for, another 3 percent?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2584699]

[B]every year without fail,
    when the kiddies start getting out of school for the summer
    this place turns into doofusville....the 2007 budget
    included $90B for education yet the yoots sound dumber
    than ever....i want a bigger tax rebate[/B][/QUOTE]

well put! Its probably all the floride in the water.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tok3535;2584686]They seem to complain alot about taxes, but at the same time they support the war in Iraq, the war is going to cost between 2 and 3 trillion dollars when all is said and done, how do they expect to pay for it?

Our national debt is also about 10 trillion dollars, how do they expect that to be paid for?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand Democrats, they seem to complain about the debt and the war but when they actual control Congress and the budget they propose new spending programs and have done nothing to de-fund the war. How do they expect to end the war and reduce the budget if they won't end the war and reduce federal spending?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about those 'taxes' that the republicans approve of like Corporate WELFARE to Bear Stearns and Big Oil?

How about the inflationary 'tax' that the fed rate cuts adds to the burden on the American consumer? How about all of the borrowing that the republicans have done over the past 7 years?

Isn't that a tax?

Republicans crack me up when the attempt to say that democrats are 'taxers' and such. All the while the want to privatize losses for large corporations and socialize the losses for the same.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2585270]How about those 'taxes' that the republicans approve of like Corporate WELFARE to Bear Stearns and Big Oil?

How about the inflationary 'tax' that the fed rate cuts adds to the burden on the American consumer? How about all of the borrowing that the republicans have done over the past 7 years?

Isn't that a tax?

Republicans crack me up when the attempt to say that democrats are 'taxers' and such. All the while the want to privatize losses for large corporations and socialize the losses for the same.[/QUOTE]

The Dems have completely controlled Congress for 2 years now. Recession, oil prices out of control, the war continues and the budget grows.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2585306]The Dems have completely controlled Congress for 2 years now. Recession, oil prices out of control, the war continues and the budget grows.[/QUOTE]

The republicans have blocked a lot of the bills. It is a mess and this mess looks like it will play well for the democrats as it did in '06

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2584738]Which our "conservative" president expanded! :eek:

Neocons are not true political conservatives. They are fiscally irresponsible social conservatives who mistakenly joined the wrong party and then hijacked it. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

That's a very good point. There's a big difference between fiscal conservatism and social conservatism. Fiscally, I am definitely conservative but I am much more moderate on social issues.

To the OP, if you want more money for the war in Iraq, lower the tax [B]rates[/B] so that we can generate more tax [B]revenue[/B] by increased economic activity. :yes:

Lower taxes, lower spending....let Americans do what made us successful in our first 100 years - innovate, create and build our own successful way of life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Who in the name of God came up with the $3 trillion price tag for the war "when all is said and done"? I was wondering if this said person has some insight into the future that nobody else does? Will it end in 2009? 2013? 3000? Who the hell cares it will be [b]this[/b]. :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't sell yourself short - I bet there's LOTS you don't understand. :)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

It wont change, the taxes we pay, just where the money goes to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all Obamas healthcare plans will end up costing us all more out of pocket then any of that anyway.