Thread: Elian Gonzalez - Communist

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Elian Gonzalez - Communist

[B]Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's Young Communists[/B]

HAVANA - The Cuban boy at the center of an international custody battle eight years ago has joined Cuba's Young Communist Union.

Communist youth newspaper Juventud Rebelde quotes Elian Gonzalez as saying he will never let down ex-President Fidel Castro and his brother Raul Castro, who succeeded Fidel earlier this year.

Now 14, Elian was 6 when Miami relatives lost their fight to keep him in the United States and he was returned to Cuba in mid-2000 with his father.

Elian had survived a boating accident off the Florida coast that killed his mother, who was attempting to get to the U.S.

Juventud Rebelde says in its Sunday edition that the boy was among 18,000 people who joined the group on Saturday.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The brainwashing began the moment he returned to Cuba.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2585395]The brainwashing began the moment he returned to Cuba.[/QUOTE]

But he rolls one helluva cigar. :yes:

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid is 14 years old and has been used as a political pawn since he was 6.

I think people should lighten up on their opinions of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2585415]The kid is 14 years old and has been used as a political pawn since he was 6.

I think people should lighten up on their opinions of him.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure anyone has bashed the kid. One person said he was brainwashed (supporting your point) and I made a joke, not even related to his political position. That's about it. Otherwise, I don't see anyone saying he made a concious decision to renounce democracy and freedom and then choose "the dark side."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2585415][B]The kid is 14 years old and has been used as a political pawn since he was 6.[/B]

I think people should lighten up on their opinions of him.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant when I said he was brainwashed.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2585428]I'm not sure anyone has bashed the kid. One person said he was brainwashed (supporting your point) and I made a joke, not even related to his political position. That's about it. Otherwise, I don't see anyone saying he made a concious decision to renounce democracy and freedom and then choose "the dark side."[/QUOTE]

Someone wrote this silly article and you posted here. That is putting a [B]14 year old kid [/B]on the hot seat for something he did that may well be akin to joining the eagle scouts.

If people are so opposed to those who are on "the dark side" perhaps they should start looking at how much they spend on products that are manufactured in China.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2585452]Someone wrote this silly article and you posted here. That is putting a [B]14 year old kid [/B]on the hot seat for something he did that may well be akin to joining the eagle scouts.

If people are so opposed to those who are on "the dark side" perhaps they should start looking at how much they spend on products that are manufactured in China.[/QUOTE]

Where in the article does it say he's on the hot seat? This is exactly what you said, akin to saying that someone joined the eagle scouts.

Who is has said they were opposed to anything in this thread? You're the only one who has taken a benign report with no negative connotation and said it's silly and that people are opposed to it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2585452]

If people are so opposed to those who are on "the dark side" perhaps they should start looking at how much they spend on products that are manufactured in China.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point! We only oppose things when it is convenient to us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2585395]The brainwashing began the moment he returned to Cuba.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's the American public who's been brainwashed to give a ^&*% about what a 14 year old in Cuba thinks.

flushingjet
    this should all be swept under the rug,
    as no animals were harmed

[URL]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/36/Inselian.jpg/250px-Inselian.jpg[/URL]

and no, the guy with the helmet is NOT Jesse "The Body" Ventura

i know libs want folks to come out of the closet, but....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez tim getting old.. Its been that long already? Good for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    go back to cuba you commie!