Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSNBC Election Coverage is a Joke

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

MSNBC Election Coverage is a Joke

This is really an outrage. How can they have Obermann and Matthews hosting election night coverage which is a news event when they are very opinionated talk show hosts? This is not the way news should be reported and they should be called out on it.

Edit: You see J5E. You just saw something that you said you never see. Now go back and change all your posts about Fox. :)
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-18-2008 at 10:49 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    An outrage?

May I then offer a suggestion to perhaps stem your outrage?

Change the channel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no place good to watch election returns. There are, however, some good analysts, so I try to change the channel to catch the good ones and miss the hacks.

On CNN, I think David Gergen and Jeff Toobin are pretty decent, and I like Roland Martin's takes, and that board thing John King uses is a cool gimmick. When Larry King and Lou Dobbs come on, I run away fast.

MSNBC was good when they had Russert, Chuck Todd is really good. And Pat Buchanan and Gene Robinson have some good exchanges. But Matthews and Olbermann, as a panel, I have no use for. I'm an Obama supporter but I get irritated when I think people are just telling me what they think I want to hear. Matthews can be better when he has a different guest or panel, but that combination is useless.

Fox News is useful in terms of comic value, mostly. Chris Wallace has a few decent moments occasionally, however, and Mort Kondracke isn;t terrible. Some of their panels, however right-leaning, at least give you a good sense of conservative viewpoints on an issue. It can be fun to try and decipher whether Bill Kristol and Sean Hannity actually believe the stuff they say.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    MSNBC wardrobe department has already picked out Olbermann's outfit

[IMG]http://www.emasks.com/images/40016.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2589141]An outrage?

May I then offer a suggestion to perhaps stem your outrage?

Change the channel.[/QUOTE]

I do. CNN has much better election night coverage. Also they broadcast in hd so their graphics are much better and they show actual vote totals not just percentages as MSNBC usually does.

They have a newsman Wolf Blitzer anchoring their coverage. That's the way it should be.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2589211]I do.[/QUOTE]

Then why are you outraged?

And if you change the channel due to that outrage, as you say, how do you know the quality or lack thereof of MSNBC's coverage at all?

Are you saying that even though you're outraged, you turn back and check it out anyway? Seems awfully wishy-washy for outrage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2589240]Then why are you outraged?

And if you change the channel due to that outrage, as you say, how do you know the quality or lack thereof of MSNBC's coverage at all?

Are you saying that even though you're outraged, you turn back and check it out anyway? Seems awfully wishy-washy for outrage.[/QUOTE]
    Hey I'm a channer surfer. CNN has something on I'm not interested in, or a commercial and I'm flipping around.

Yes, I will grant you that outrage is a bit over the top. Was trying to make a point.

I agree with you Nuu. Toobin, Gergin and Todd are the best out there. I also like Rachel Maddow. I find her very articulate and logical.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-18-2008 at 11:06 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2589264]Yes, I will grant you that outrage is a bit over the top.[/QUOTE]

Clearly.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as Fox goes, I like Brit Hume, and sometimes Wallace. That's about it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2589264] I also like Rachel Maddow. I find her very articulate and logical.[/QUOTE]
    I just did a google search, thinking she'd be a piece of ass. Was I ever wrong. She must be extraordinarily articulate and logical.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2589411]I just did a google search, thinking she'd be a piece of ass. Was I ever wrong. She must be extraordinarily articulate and logical.[/QUOTE]
    I didn't say she was a looker. I'm not like Ham with Peggy Noonan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2589240]
    Are you saying that even though you're outraged, you turn back and check it out anyway? Seems awfully wishy-washy for outrage.[/QUOTE]

I think some people like to be outraged constantly - they need a "cause" to keep them going.

Which begs the question: why not just surf internet p0rn?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2589264]Hey I'm a channer surfer. CNN has something on I'm not interested in, or a commercial and I'm flipping around.

Yes, I will grant you that outrage is a bit over the top. Was trying to make a point.

I agree with you Nuu. Toobin, Gergin and Todd are the best out there. I also like Rachel Maddow. I find her very articulate and logical.[/QUOTE]

I like Toobin because he's got a legal background but will also react viscerally to events.

His response to Hilalry Clinton supporter's declaring the night Obama clinched the nomination had to be "her night" was classic. He went totally nuts, and even used the phrase "deranged narcissism of the Clintons." It was awesome television.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The news makes me take a snooze! Between Global Warming and Monkeypox is there really anything to believed?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2589452]I didn't say she was a looker. I'm not like Ham with Peggy Noonan.[/QUOTE]
    I barely watch the tube as is; no way am I going to waste my time to see what a shaved cat has to say.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2589411]I just did a google search, thinking she'd be a piece of ass. Was I ever wrong. She must be extraordinarily articulate and logical.[/QUOTE]

rosie o'donnell thinks you're nutz....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2589452]I didn't say she was a looker. I'm not like Ham with Peggy Noonan.[/QUOTE]

Peggy Noonan is very hot....In a classy way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2589211]I do. CNN has much better election night coverage. Also they broadcast in hd so their graphics are much better and they show actual vote totals not just percentages as MSNBC usually does.

They have a newsman Wolf Blitzer anchoring their coverage. That's the way it should be.[/QUOTE]

I recommend Fox over CNN.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2590285]I recommend Fox over CNN.[/QUOTE]

Really? You do?

I would of never guessed...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    CNN = best graphics + HD but comes with Wolf Blitzer
    Fox = most entertaining (aggravating? annoying? partisan?) and yet most unwatchable
    MSNBC = best analysts imho... for 2 simple reasons I LOVE Pat Buchanan and Howard Fineman as far as MSM folks go