Thread: The NAFTA Superhighway. Your Thoughts.

The NAFTA Superhighway. Your Thoughts.

A superhighway that will be in use in the next 5 years...Attempting to tax you to drive your car. Your Thoughts.

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=AsvZys5hF4Y&feature=related[/url]

shh....you're not allowed to talk about this.
    If you are you're a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist

The Texas state legislature has already passed a resolution against the Texas corridor portion of NAFTA superhighway

Yes, clearly, letting Mexican truck drivers into the US is an attack on our National Sovereignty :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2592229]Yes, clearly, letting Mexican truck drivers into the US is an attack on our National Sovereignty :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well, it does allow other countries to bring their goods to the US via Mexico, instead of Texas, which costs Texans jobs, which they aren't too happy about down here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dude....no one gives a f*ck about this. I tried to post about it six months ago and was called a paranoid, unAmerican protectionist.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2593000]Dude....no one gives a f*ck about this. I tried to post about it six months ago and was called a paranoid, unAmerican protectionist.[/QUOTE]

shut up you paranoid, unAmerican protectionist!

;)

[quote=chirorob;2592285]Well, it does allow other countries to bring their goods to the US via Mexico, instead of Texas, which costs Texans jobs, which they aren't too happy about down here.[/quote]

Does it have an economic impact? Absolutely, and the pros and cons can be rationally debated.

But when Lou Dobbs puts on his Darth Vader helmet and claims that it's an "ATTACK ON OUR NATIONAL SOVERIEGNTY (oh teh noes!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" its time to ignore the rest of his commentary on the subject, because he's clearly nuts.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2593115]Does it have an economic impact? Absolutely, and the pros and cons can be rationally debated.

But when Lou Dobbs puts on his Darth Vader helmet and claims that it's an "ATTACK ON OUR NATIONAL SOVERIEGNTY (oh teh noes!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" its time to ignore the rest of his commentary on the subject, because he's clearly nuts.[/QUOTE]

You just see nothing wrong with anything ever do you? (well, except with me...and I am honored lol)

Sup Doggin!

It will make the illegal immigration problem worse, that's for sure.
    Ridiculous amounts of eminent domain are being used.

Gee and all the greenhouse gases. Where is Al Gore now?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2593000]Dude....no one gives a f*ck about this. I tried to post about it six months ago and was called a paranoid, unAmerican protectionist.[/QUOTE]

No, it's a big deal. It's been in the works for years, back to Clinton if I have read correctly. It's both parties working to screw over people in the country, not just Dems or lil Bush.

[quote=chirorob;2593753]No, it's a big deal. It's been in the works for years, back to Clinton if I have read correctly. It's both parties working to screw over people in the country, not just Dems or lil Bush.[/quote]

yep, that's what their working for. Not a single argument to be made that this will help the US. No sir.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chirorob;2593753]No, it's a big deal. It's been in the works for years, back to Clinton if I have read correctly. It's both parties working to screw over people in the country, not just Dems or lil Bush.[/QUOTE]

And ...you don't see anything wrong with Mexican truckers having their first customs inspection be in Kansas City...in the fuqing heart of our country, do you?

Stealing peoples land to help a corporation save money on shipping costs...real f***ing American, real f***ing American. Anyone who supports this needs to have their logo-ed brain examined...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2595410]And ...you don't see anything wrong with Mexican truckers having their first customs inspection be in Kansas City...in the fuqing heart of our country, do you?

Stealing peoples land to help a corporation save money on shipping costs...real f***ing American, real f***ing American. Anyone who supports this needs to have their logo-ed brain examined...[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I'm agreeing with you on this. All I said was it was a sell out by both parties, not just one or the other. I live here in Texas, and people out here are pissed, the ones that know about it anyway.

From Ron Paul's website today:

[URL="http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2008/tst062308.htm"]http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2008/tst062308.htm[/URL]

[QUOTE]I am pleased to report that last week we received notice that the Texas Department of Transportation will recommend the I-69 Project be developed using existing highway facilities instead of the proposed massive new Trans Texas Corridor/NAFTA Superhighway. According to the Texas Transportation Commissioner, consideration is no longer being given to new corridors and other proposals for a new highway footprint for this project. A major looming threat to property rights and national sovereignty is removed with this encouraging announcement.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the people are speaking!