Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus and the Dinosaurs!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus and the Dinosaurs!

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/bhfx8k.jpg[/IMG]

Damn is Jesus good or what!?!

It is interesting that they survived the flood on the Arc, and yet fail to be mentioned in the Old or New Testament

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2593059][IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/bhfx8k.jpg[/IMG]

Damn is Jesus good or what!?!

It is interesting that they survived the flood on the Arc, and yet fail to be mentioned in the Old or New Testament[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Fun Fact:[/U][/B]
    3 out of every 4 Americans who voted for George Bush in 2004 also believed that the content in this picture is accurate. (1/4 believed this was a real photo)
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-20-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2593079][B][U]Fun Fact:[/U][/B]
    3 out of every 4 Americans who voted for George Bush in 2004 also believed that the contents in this picture is accurate. (1/4 believed this was a real photo)[/QUOTE]:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 out of every 4 Americans who voted for George Bush in 2004 also believed that the content in this picture is accurate. (1/4 believed this was a real photo)[/QUOTE]

Both men in your sig and avatar were (and are) men of God. Just a couple of dumb ****ing schmucks, eh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2593145]Both men in your sig and avatar were (and are) men of God. Just a couple of dumb ****ing schmucks, eh?[/QUOTE]

as am I, pauliec. Relax, I am just having a little fun. And, by the way, my post was not condescending to the 'Big Guy'. Its just a little shot at some of the mensa candidates who thought four more years of Bush was the right way to go.....:bangwall:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus riding Dinosuars. Wow.

Ham, you care to educate me on this one? DID Jesus ride and/or coexist with Dinosaurs?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2593173]as am I, pauliec. Relax, I am just having a little fun. And, by the way, my post was not condescending to the 'Big Guy'. Its just a little shot at some of the mensa candidates who thought four more years of Bush was the right way to go.....:bangwall:[/QUOTE]

No worries, I think that picture is hilarious. Jesus is such a badass. He'd make a believer out of Bin Laden if he came out the sky riding a T-Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2593190]No worries, I think that picture is hilarious. Jesus is such a badass. He'd make a believer out of Bin Laden if he came out the sky riding a T-Rex.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a Velociraptor personally... or Jesus is WAY taller & wider & bigger than I previously thought

:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, dinosaurs are mentioned in the OT. Read Job and the references to leviathon:

[COLOR="Red"][B][I]The Bible’s Text[/I][/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]The Bible refers to many the common animals we know today. The list includes lions, wolves, bears, sheep, cattle and dogs along with various kinds of birds, rodents, reptiles, and insects. What is interesting is that this extensive list includes three animals that we no longer recognize. These three are (in the original Hebrew language) tanniyn, b@hemowth (yes, it’s spelled correctly—at least as close as we can get in Roman characters), and livyathan.

Although we alter the spelling of behemoth and Leviathan slightly, we still use those same words in bibles today. However, tanniyn is always translated into another word when we write it in English. Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” The word “dinosaur” was originally coined in 1841, more than three thousand years after the Bible first referred to “Tanniyn.” To make things clearer, we constructed the following table comparing the scientific names with the Biblical names tanniyn, behemoth, and Leviathan.[/COLOR]
    Of course, I still think the cartoon is ridiculous:)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2593265]Actually, dinosaurs are mentioned in the OT. Read Job and the references to leviathon:

[COLOR="Red"][B][I]The Bible’s Text[/I][/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]The Bible refers to many the common animals we know today. The list includes lions, wolves, bears, sheep, cattle and dogs along with various kinds of birds, rodents, reptiles, and insects. What is interesting is that this extensive list includes three animals that we no longer recognize. These three are (in the original Hebrew language) tanniyn, b@hemowth (yes, it’s spelled correctly—at least as close as we can get in Roman characters), and livyathan.

Although we alter the spelling of behemoth and Leviathan slightly, we still use those same words in bibles today. However, tanniyn is always translated into another word when we write it in English. Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” The word “dinosaur” was originally coined in 1841, more than three thousand years after the Bible first referred to “Tanniyn.” To make things clearer, we constructed the following table comparing the scientific names with the Biblical names tanniyn, behemoth, and Leviathan.[/COLOR]
    Of course, I still think the cartoon is ridiculous:)[/QUOTE]

if there really were dinosaurs living then, it would've gotten a hell of a lot more press than 28 measly references to some vague/general reptile... they likely would've been lucky to write down the number 28 before getting eaten or trampled to death!

so forgive me for doubting that those references are to dinosaurs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2593179]Jesus riding Dinosuars. Wow.

Ham, you care to educate me on this one? DID Jesus ride and/or coexist with Dinosaurs?[/QUOTE]

"we don't know if Jesus ever rode them - But He probably DID!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2593275]if there really were dinosaurs living then, it would've gotten a hell of a lot more press than 28 measly references to some vague/general reptile... they likely would've been lucky to write down the number 28 before getting eaten or trampled to death!

so forgive me for doubting that those references are to dinosaurs[/QUOTE]

I think if you have an open mind to what the Bible might or might not say, the strong suggestion of the word is toward super size beasts for which no known animal exists. And, as for open minds, there exists evidence (some of which is lame, some of which credible) of "dinosaur" type animals such as Mokele-mbembe and enormous snakes caught on South America (articles were published in many prominent international magazines) and elsewhere (see this story about a 49 ft specimen - [url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3845750[/url].) Perhaps you have read of the living sharks that have been found that are nearly identical to the fossil records of shraks thought to have been long extinct......

Please don't think I am suggesting anything more than this: there is strong evidence, even today, that some animals exist that much more resemble what we would call dinosaurs than any animal we are aware of. And if we aren;t even sure of exactly what does and does not exist in the here and now, who are we to say with certainty what existed then?

Science is a fountain of information, but unfortunately we sometimes ascribe to it a finality and authority that suggests that it knows all there is to know. In its essence, science itself is constantly changing ......... assimilating data heretofore unknown or misunderstood (yes, science clearly makes mistakes) and replacing errant conclusions with new understanding. There exists vast regions of our planet (the swamp in Africa creditted with housing two or more dinosaur like creatures is larger than Florida) and realms (rainforest canopy, open ocean) that are so relatively unexplored that it is reasonable to assume that many new and fantastic finds await discovery, that mauch of what we consider "true" is in fact not so and that these findings will have the capacity to shift the conclusions of science ..... maybe just a little bit and maybe to its core. Who knows?
    Last edited by JCnflies; 06-20-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's pretty well understood that [B]IF [/B]dinosaurs did co-exist during biblical times, Jesus would have [B]DEFINITELY [/B]raced them for sport.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2593173]as am I, pauliec. Relax, I am just having a little fun. And, by the way, my post was not condescending to the 'Big Guy'. Its just a little shot at some of the mensa candidates who thought four more years of Bush was the right way to go.....:bangwall:[/QUOTE]

Robert F. Kennedy was a carpetbagger.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kotch;2594155]I think it's pretty well understood that [B]IF [/B]dinosaurs did co-exist during biblical times, Jesus would have [B]DEFINITELY [/B]raced them for sport.[/QUOTE]

That was funny! I got a belly laugh out picturing that unholy scene...

JCnflies, you've got to be kidding. Next you'll be telling us the Bible referenced Iphones and JiffyPop. You have a bizarre sense of what the Bible's purpose was. It WASN'T an ancient science textbook. You don't have to find references to gravitation, the conservation of energy, relativity, or quantum mechanics. It's okay. The Bible is a RELIGIOUS text. It does just fine for most as that alone....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sore loser.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2593145]Both men in your sig and avatar were (and are) men of God. Just a couple of dumb ****ing schmucks, eh?[/QUOTE]

on that point yeah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2594244]That was funny! I got a belly laugh out picturing that unholy scene...

JCnflies, you've got to be kidding. Next you'll be telling us the Bible referenced Iphones and JiffyPop. You have a bizarre sense of what the Bible's purpose was. It WASN'T an ancient science textbook. You don't have to find references to gravitation, the conservation of energy, relativity, or quantum mechanics. It's okay. The Bible is a RELIGIOUS text. It does just fine for most as that alone....[/QUOTE]

I love how you seem to be tellingme what I think about the Bible. Nowhere dids I say it is a science text. What I said is that it has references to a giant beast in Job that many people, and aprticularly linguists, feel describes a dinosaur. Further, top put my comment in context, I was addressing the previous statement that dinosaurs were not mentioned in the Bible. Period.

Lep. So that you might not misinterpret what I say from here on out. My purpose in stating what I did was simply to show another point of view. You will also notice, if you reread the text, that I went on to cite completely secular scientific facts.

Finally, so that you might not misunderstand me and, in the case that you attempt to tell me or others who I am and what I feel, here's the deal. I feel the Bible is the inspired Word of God. I believe it is one way in which He has chosen to reveal himself to us. As far as a science text goes, I believe the Bible is in absolutely no way (clear enough?) a scientific text. I do, however, believe that every now and then the Bible makes mention of matters that are of a scientific nature. I don't think the mention of leviathon proves anything about whether dionosaurs existed or did not at the time of Job. I do think, however, that it is quite possible that giant creatures were either known of or seen by the contemporaries of Job. I am also saying what the majority of linguists say, that the term leviathon points to some kind of animal that fits the dinosaur profile.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 out of every 4 Americans who voted for George Bush in 2004 also believed that the content in this picture is accurate. (1/4 believed this was a real photo)[/QUOTE]

They are also, more educated then all liberals.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2593190]No worries, I think that picture is hilarious. Jesus is such a badass. He'd make a believer out of Bin Laden if he came out the sky riding a T-Rex.[/QUOTE]
    Umm.. Bin Laden does believe in Jesus.. If you go to wiki, in the Muslim religion Jesus, was a prophet.. Everything Christians believed with his miracles etc Muslims believe too, the only difference was they didnt believe Jesus was the actual son of God.