Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Tyranny of Right-Wing Radio Coming to an End?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the Tyranny of Right-Wing Radio Coming to an End?

[url]http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/88792[/url]

[QUOTE]The notion that the days of right-wing dominance of the airwaves may well be numbered is rapidly becoming a reality.

Conservative fears of an impending Democratic attack on talk radio - dubbed the "Hush Rush" effort in an homage to top-rated radio talker Rush Limbaugh -- continue to escalate, despite ample evidence that such an assault is unlikely to occur when (as is likely) Democrats sweep back into power in the forthcoming elections in November.

As noted recently on the "Focus on the Family action" website citizenlink.com, conservative fears of a supposed return to the Federal Communications Commission's long-defunct Fairness Doctrine remain unabated. In a post entitled "Take Action: Ask Congress to Protect Talk Radio," Managing Editor Jennifer Mesko recently wrote, "Democrats have threatened to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine which would force conservative stations to broadcast liberal viewpoints."

In response, says Mesko, "Radio broadcasters and some members of Congress are calling on Democrats to celebrate July Fourth -- dubbed "Radio Independence Day" -- by pledging to protect the airwaves from censorship."

As previously reported, "Leading hard-right conservatives, led by their talk radio 'shock jock' shock troops, have been worrying aloud about the supposed return of the long-defunct Fairness Doctrine ever since their stunning success last year in defeating bi-partisan immigration reform."

Although most informed observers believe the right's existential angst is unfounded, it is nonetheless real -- and has spurred former broadcaster and current congressman Mike Pence, R-Ind., to introduce the Broadcaster Freedom Act (H.R. 2905), which would prohibit the FCC from reinstating the Fairness Doctrine. "Bringing back the Fairness Doctrine would amount to government control of political views on the commercial and religious airwaves of America, and it must be opposed," Pence told Family News in Focus, while calling on Congress to support the Broadcaster Freedom Act before July Fourth. Shock jock Laura Ingraham joined Pence, saying, "This is nothing more than an attempt to have government regulate one of the most effective forms of political discussion today."

Of course, only a year ago more than three hundred members of Congress -- including 113 Democrats -- supported a moratorium on the Fairness Doctrine!

Meanwhile, other conservatives, such as Jim Boulet Jr., executive director of English First and organizer of the website KeepRushontheAir.com are claiming that the cunning (if Republican-controlled) FCC -- employing a little known tactic Boulet terms "legislation by stealth" -- may instead "reinstate the Fairness Doctrine via something called 'localism.'"

In a National Review Online post headlined "FCC Tries to Hush Rush," Boulet assails the "tyranny of 'cultural diversity' while citing "a little-noticed item in the Federal Register" he claims will soon hand the FCC "the power to drive Rush Limbaugh off the air."

Liberals are obsessed with "balancing" Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Hugh Hewitt, Mark Levin, and the rest of conservative talk radio, says Boulet, "even though plenty of other outlets -- the Washington Post, the New York Times, USA Today, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, and National Public Radio -- constantly flog the liberal agenda." And since the "Hush Rush crowd's dream" to revive the so-called "Fairness Doctrine using the democratic process," has failed, Boulet says, "regulations proposed on January 28 by the Federal Communications Commission would effectively reinstate the Fairness Doctrine via something called 'localism.'"

This "legislation by stealth" means that "most of the Fairness Doctrine's opponents might not know about it until it's too late," says Boulet. "Which isn't to say it was impossible to see this coming. The Left has long sought new ways of bringing back the Fairness Doctrine, and their latest gambit features a sizable dose of political correctness."

Right-wingers like Boulet charge that a 2007 Center for American Progress/Free Press report called The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio "cleverly recasts the Fairness Doctrine as 'localism' by stating that 'any effort to encourage more responsive and balanced radio programming will first require steps to increase localism.'"

Boulet apparently believes the FCC "has swallowed the Center's diversity rationale whole" and that "cultural diversity" requirements will soon be imposed that will have the effect of knocking Rush Limbaugh and his ilk off the air. "This cultural diversity is to be enforced by professional ethnic activists and other perpetual malcontents," claims Boulet.

As a result, he opines, "Should the FCC prevail, radio stations will return to the sort of programming that predominated during the days of the Fairness Doctrine, only filtered by 2008-style political correctness. Instead of full debate on controversial issues such as amnesty for illegal aliens, AM radio will become a herd of independent minds, a vast "Air America" from sea to shining sea in which never a conservative word is heard."

Although this putative threat to the First Amendment simply isn't real, the notion that the days of right-wing dominance of the airwaves may well be numbered is rapidly becoming a reality -- not because of any government-imposed regulation, but simply because the political tide appears to be turning at last, and our long national nightmare may in fact be drawing to a close.

Happy "Radio Independence Day," everyone![/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no tyranny. Radio, like any entertainment business, is at the whim of the viewer/listener.

The Left has ample opportunity to put their views out. It's up to the people to listen, or not. I, for one, do not need the Govt. imposing any kind of so-called "Fairness Doctrine", which we all know won't be "fair" in any form whatsoever.

When you cannot defeat your opponent in the realm of ideals, I guess the next step is to have the Govt. silence them. How American, eh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rush is entertainment Air America wasn't it's that simple.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hoo Ray for censorship....Don't ya just love being told what you can watch or listen too, by some blowhard in Washington. Left wing talking heads have nothing to worry about, they have no ratings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2594742][url]http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/88792[/url][/QUOTE]

How about the tyranny of the other 95% of the left wing communist, terrorist loving media?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2594746]There is no tyranny. Radio, like any entertainment business, is at the whim of the viewer/listener.

The Left has ample opportunity to put their views out. It's up to the people to listen, or not. I, for one, do not need the Govt. imposing any kind of so-called "Fairness Doctrine", which we all know won't be "fair" in any form whatsoever.

When you cannot defeat your opponent in the realm of ideals, I guess the next step is to have the Govt. silence them. How American, eh.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your post up until the point where you said this; "When you cannot defeat your opponent in the realm of ideals,...".

Hannity, Rush and levin, just to name a few, were not successful because of their ideals :eek:. Thats a joke. They are successful because they were able to connect with their base by appealing to their prejudices. They were also successful because people wanted to listen to them to see what they would say next, even if they did not agree with them. They are entertaining to many people, especially rush.

But the idea that any of these glorified used car salesman brought some forward thinking ideals to the table is laughable. Listen to any of Limbaugh's shows and you will get a mix of female bashing and thinly veiled prejudice. Hannity's "ideals" are to insight polarization by grossly embellishing party stereotypes as well as using "national enquirer' tactics to smear people.

Ideals? What a joke.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-21-2008 at 11:41 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594842]I agree with your post up until the point where you said this; "When you cannot defeat your opponent in the realm of ideals,...".

Hannity, Rush and levin, just to name a few, were not successful because of their ideals :eek:. Thats a joke. They are successful because they were able to connect with their base by appealing to their prejudices. They were also successful because people wanted to listen to them to see what they would say next, even if they did not agree with them. They are entertaining to many people, especially rush.

But the idea that any of these glorified used car salesman brought some forward thinking ideals to their radio is laughable. Listen to any of Limbaugh's shows and you will get a mix of female bashing and thinly veiled prejudice. Hannity's "ideals" are to insight polarization by grossly embellishing party stereotypes as well as using "national enquirer' tactics to smear people.

Ideals? What a joke.[/QUOTE]

How about listening to Rush's show before commenting. Typical Lib. Listen to what everyone else on your side is saying and repeat talking points. You sound almost as bad as Letterman trying to crush O'Reilly before embarassingly admitting he never saw the show.

Rush wins because what he says makes a ton of sense and what he says usually comes true. Your argument makes a bit more sense on Hannity because he is more of an attack dog who follows the Lib mentality of Chinese water torture until what he is saying is followed. He repeats and repeats, but Rush makes sense and I dare any Lib to debate him and win. It is true that he would crush the Libs in the realm of ideas. Yet, you, as most Libs, just decide that the negatives you hear about him are true. Example - Rush Limbaugh created the Barak the Magic Negro. Totally false. It was created by a Hillary loving lefty for the Los Angeles Times, yet it is repeated and repeated that he made it up. It is an out and out lie that you Libs have no problem promoting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594842]I agree with your post up until the point where you said this; "When you cannot defeat your opponent in the realm of ideals,...".

Hannity, Rush and levin, just to name a few, were not successful because of their ideals :eek:. Thats a joke. They are successful because they were able to connect with their base by appealing to their prejudices.[/quote]

Sure IJF, and there is NO "prejudice" in YOUR opinion on the topic, right? Pure objectivism, right? There is no appeal to conservativism, it must be PREJUDICE.

You're right about one thing. There IS A joke to be found here.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594842]They were also successful because people wanted to listen to them to see what they would say next, even if they did not agree with them. They are entertaining to many people, especially rush.[/quote]

Sure, many folks listen to them for entertainment, including myself. But to diminish that they don't speak to a sizeable segment of our population who agrees with much their ideology is simply wrong.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594842]But the idea that any of these glorified used car salesman brought some forward thinking ideals to the table is laughable.[/quote]

Of course YOU won't think anything they say is "forward thinking", i.e. progressive. They aren't progressives, they are conservatives, of a sort. Want progressive, listen to Air America and their ilk.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594842]Listen to any of Limbaugh's shows and you will get a mix of female bashing and thinly veiled prejudice.[/quote]

Funny, I listen to him most days, and I don't get that at all. But it doesn't shock me that you would. You see hate and prejudice in all things right-wing, as evidinced above.

By the way, you might want to listen to Air America some days, and take a taste of the bile and vitriol THEY posess. They are at the very least the equal to any rightwinger show.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594842]Ideals? What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, this is the standard Liberal ideal, Conservatives are all prejudiced hateful racist, bigot, homophobes with no ideals, who play only on hate, etc, etc, etc.

Conservativism IS an ideal IJF. Point of all this being, Air America and Progressive Talk is failing to defeat Rush and Co. in ratings. And Right-Wing Radio has a large influence.

So rather than try and beat them in a fair market competition, it seems Dems would prefer to legislate them out of existance by the so-called "fairness Doctrine", which would obviously only effect Rush and Co, not any of the major media or others.

Hey, if thats the America youw ant, where we legislate right-wing speech out of existance, thats your right. I just disagree. I like a world with Rush AND Air America, with the choice in my hands a mere dial turn away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;2594854]How about listening to Rush's show before commenting. Typical Lib. Listen to what everyone else on your side is saying and repeat talking points. You sound almost as bad as Letterman trying to crush O'Reilly before embarassingly admitting he never saw the show.

Rush wins because what he says makes a ton of sense and what he says usually comes true. Your argument makes a bit more sense on Hannity because he is more of an attack dog who follows the Lib mentality of Chinese water torture until what he is saying is followed. He repeats and repeats, but Rush makes sense and I dare any Lib to debate him and win. It is true that he would crush the Libs in the realm of ideas. Yet, you, as most Libs, just decide that the negatives you hear about him are true. Example - Rush Limbaugh created the Barak the Magic Negro. Totally false. It was created by a Hillary loving lefty for the Los Angeles Times, yet it is repeated and repeated that he made it up. It is an out and out lie that you Libs have no problem promoting.[/QUOTE]

that is a joke and a half..I have listened to RUsh, he is no squeaky clean righteous guy...he is an entertainer, and he is good at it...that is why he does so well...he is capable of some very astute political observations, but they are way too few often on a show filled more with finger pointing....

The world of talk radio belongs to the right, simply because there is a contingent of the country that feel disconnected to mainstream movies and tv. Most forms of entertainment are perceived as liberal. The only market that is truly appealing to conservatives is talk radio.....well..that and larry the cable guy...ha, ha.

Left leaning radio doesn't find an audience simply because that audience has many other outlets to entertain them with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2594899]that is a joke and a half..I have listened to RUsh, he is no squeaky clean righteous guy...he is an entertainer, and he is good at it...that is why he does so well...he is capable of some very astute political observations, but they are way too few often on a show filled more with finger pointing....

The world of talk radio belongs to the right, [B]simply because there is a contingent of the country that feel disconnected to mainstream movies and tv.[/B] Most forms of entertainment are perceived as liberal. The only market that is truly appealing to conservatives is talk radio.....well..that and larry the cable guy...ha, ha.

Left leaning radio doesn't find an audience simply because that audience has many other outlets to entertain them with.[/QUOTE]

And why do you think that is? The joke and a half is that you say they are PERCEIVED as liberal. You are not being honest if you don't think 95% of Media and Entertainment is liberal. So the only thing left for you to do is to squash whatever Conservative media there is. And you guys call Conservatives Nazis?

Left leaning radio doesn't find an audience because they make no sense on the issues and all that is left is for them to demonize their competition. It is a joke and the country knows it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2594899]that is a joke and a half..I have listened to RUsh, he is no squeaky clean righteous guy...he is an entertainer, and he is good at it...that is why he does so well...he is capable of some very astute political observations, but they are way too few often on a show filled more with finger pointing....

The world of talk radio belongs to the right, simply because there is a contingent of the country that feel disconnected to mainstream movies and tv. Most forms of entertainment are perceived as liberal. The only market that is truly appealing to conservatives is talk radio.....well..that and larry the cable guy...ha, ha.

[B]Left leaning radio doesn't find an audience simply because that audience has many other outlets to entertain them with[/B].[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, and you are right about that. They can turn on any other media, station, etc. for their daily input of lefty talking points.:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2594875]Sure IJF, and there is NO "prejudice" in YOUR opinion on the topic, right? Pure objectivism, right? There is no appeal to conservativism, it must be PREJUDICE.

You're right about one thing. There IS A joke to be found here.

Sure, many folks listen to them for entertainment, including myself. But to diminish that they don't speak to a sizeable segment of our population who agrees with much their ideology is simply wrong.

Of course YOU won't think anything they say is "forward thinking", i.e. progressive. They aren't progressives, they are conservatives, of a sort. Want progressive, listen to Air America and their ilk.

Funny, I listen to him most days, and I don't get that at all. But it doesn't shock me that you would. You see hate and prejudice in all things right-wing, as evidinced above.

By the way, you might want to listen to Air America some days, and take a taste of the bile and vitriol THEY posess. They are at the very least the equal to any rightwinger show.

Sadly, this is the standard Liberal ideal, Conservatives are all prejudiced hateful racist, bigot, homophobes with no ideals, who play only on hate, etc, etc, etc.

Conservativism IS an ideal IJF. Point of all this being, Air America and Progressive Talk is failing to defeat Rush and Co. in ratings. And Right-Wing Radio has a large influence.

So rather than try and beat them in a fair market competition, it seems Dems would prefer to legislate them out of existance by the so-called "fairness Doctrine", which would obviously only effect Rush and Co, not any of the major media or others.

Hey, if thats the America youw ant, where we legislate right-wing speech out of existance, thats your right. I just disagree. I like a world with Rush AND Air America, with the choice in my hands a mere dial turn away.[/QUOTE]

I stated that I agreed with most of your post. I think that the "conservative" talk show hosts have beaten the competition fair and square from a capitalist point of view. In other words, they present a more entertaining product that is evident in the ratings and the dollar amount of advertisers. I do not think that air america, which I barely listen to, should artificially be kept solvent. If they cannot hire entertaining hosts and market their product then thats on them. I am also not a proponent of censorship as there is a place in the media for the vile bile of Hannity as well.

Now for the rest of your post; its flat out ridiculous. The idea that the ideals of progressivism are failing to resonate with the general population due to the radio ratings that Hannity and Limbaugh receive is nonsense. They get ratings because they are marketed well and are entertaining for the most part. If you took a big name hollywood celeb (not someone like Alec baldwin, dont try it) and hired that person to do a liberal talk show the odds of it being successful is promising. In our culture its about sensationalism and over the top entertainment. If you took the most intellectual personality in the country and gave him/her a show, but their personality was dry as toast, no one would listen to it. Period. How about the Allen Greenspan show for three hours?? :zzz: Its about the entertainment and that is why, for the most part, these shows are successful. Second, many republican voters are moving away from the conservative ideals and edging to more moderate positions. And yet these shows still get good ratings. Its proof that if the radio listener is entertained, that will determine where they go on the dial.

Many of the voters who will be voting the republicans out of office in November do not even listen to AM radio to begin with! Check the demographics when they release the next arbitron ratings.

Lastly, I do not believe that all of the right-wing is filled with hatred. Where would you even get that idea? That was one of the silliest things I have ever seen you type. The second silliest thing would have to be that you actually said this about Rush Limbaugh being prejudiced; "Funny, I listen to him most days, and I don't get that at all." Are you kidding?.......................

[I]"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well." --on Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, while working as a commentator on ESPN

"We're not sexists, we're chauvinists -- we're male chauvinist pigs, and we're happy to be because we think that's what men were destined to be. We think that's what women want."

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
    Who the hell cares." -Rush Limbaugh

"Sexual harassment at this work station will not be reported.
    However...it will be graded!!!"[/I]

I could go on and on all day, but this is a small sample. And if your next argument is that he was just kidding, then you might as well shut the computer off because you made my point.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-21-2008 at 01:28 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;2594910]Oh yeah, and you are right about that. They can turn on any other media, station, etc. for their daily input of lefty talking points.:yes:[/QUOTE]

way to mis-characerize..it isn't about talking points..conservative talk radio is filled with them....just the same person who listens to conservative talk radio probably is not too thrilled with toadays selection of movies and/or tv shows..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;2594908]\
    Left leaning radio doesn't find an audience because they make no sense on the issues and all that is left is for them to demonize their competition. It is a joke and the country knows it.[/QUOTE]

Left leaning radio doesn't have an audience because the left idealogy has very little traction. The Left wins elections based on competency in government the Conservatives win on ideas. The Democrats are running away from what they would do and running against Bush who isn't running.

Clinton governed from the right on economics we haven't had a tax and spend anti business Democrat since Carter for a reason.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always found Limbaugh terribly boring ( only air america is more dull) and especially predictable. I once saw him on some TV show he hosted and the audience was, can we say, not too diverse. or how about not diverse at all. most of them looked like they had about a good ten years left on the earth. IMO most of the hardcore listeners are weak minded and have trouble forming their own viewpoints. They have Rush there to think for them

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;2595001]I always found Limbaugh terribly boring ( only air america is more dull) and especially predictable. I once saw him on some TV show he hosted and the audience was, can we say, not too diverse. or how about not diverse at all. most of them looked like they had about a good ten years left on the earth. IMO most of the hardcore listeners are weak minded and have trouble forming their own viewpoints. They have Rush there to think for them[/QUOTE]

The people who call in thanking him for [I]helping them to raise their kids[/I] are a good example of what you are talking about.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]I think that the "conservative" talk show hosts have beaten the competition fair and square from a capitalist point of view.[/quote]

Well, nice of youi to grudgingly admit the incredably obvious.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]I am also not a proponent of censorship as there is a place in the media for the vile bile of Hannity as well.[/quote]

Nope, no bias in IJF. Good thing you don't listen to Air America then my friend, because if you think Hot Air Hannity is full of real "vile and bile", you might be so put off listening to your fellow libs, you might be inspirred to not vote Democrat.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]Now for the rest of your post; its flat out ridiculous.[/quote]

Ofcourse it is, you have a penchant for calling anything posted from a conservative viewpoint as "rediculous".

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]The idea that the ideals of progressivism are failing to resonate with the general population due to the radio ratings that Hannity and Limbaugh receive is nonsense.[/quote]

Of course it is, becase no one said that. What I said was: "But to diminish that they don't speak to a sizeable segment of our population who agrees with much their ideology is simply wrong."

Nice hollow straw-man though, really. Hope you're not a reading comprehension teacher.....

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]They get ratings because they are marketed well and are entertaining for the most part.[/quote]

Still can't admit that they speak to an sizeable audience of people who believe in their version of Conservativism, eh? Well, If denial gets you through the day I suppose.....

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]If you took a big name hollywood celeb (not someone like Alec baldwin, dont try it) and hired that person to do a liberal talk show the odds of it being successful is promising.[/quote]

Wow, what a great idea. Given all the masses of Liberals, Progressives and activists in Hollywood, you'd think one would have stepped up by now, eh? Maybe it's not the sure think you seem to think it is.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]Second, many republican voters are moving away from the conservative ideals and edging to more moderate positions. And yet these shows still get good ratings. Its proof that if the radio listener is entertained, that will determine where they go on the dial.[/quote]

Really? Seems to me it might be proof that Conservatives =/= Republicans. Certainly being entertained IS a part, but again, the idea you refuse to accept is that many people also agree.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]Many of the voters who will be voting the republicans out of office in November do not even listen to AM radio to begin with! Check the demographics when they release the next arbitron ratings.[/quote]

Objection your honour! Relevance?

We're not talking about "Radio Listeners vs. All Voters". We're talking about the Fairness Doctrine, and an attempt to circumvent the market, and the desire of listeners, to get the product they enjoy/appreciate. We're talking about an attempt to mandate "political equallity" in media, which coming from Liberals is, frankly, a friggin joke.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]Lastly, I do not believe that all of the right-wing is filled with hatred. Where would you even get that idea? That was one of the silliest things I have ever seen you type.[/quote]

Sure it was.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2594950]The second silliest thing would have to be that you actually said this about Rush Limbaugh being prejudiced; "Funny, I listen to him most days, and I don't get that at all." Are you kidding?.......................

I could go on and on all day, but this is a small sample. And if your next argument is that he was just kidding, then you might as well shut the computer off because you made my point.[/QUOTE]

Ironic, anything obama says is rightious and correct and taken out of context and misunderstood or a joke or, etc, etc, etc.

But if RUSH says something, it's dark evil hateful racist sexist bigoted HATE HATE HATE.

The only joke here is your bias IJF, and your utter lack of objectivity or understanding. You are, clearly, a deeply unquestionable liberal Democrat apologist who simply reads his opinions on the liberal site of the day, and vomits them back up here, literally verbatim.

It's sad, you ARE what you so often claim to dislike, the Liberal version of our resident Right-Wing Talking-Points Posting-Units. If I wanted the liberal talking point of the day, I'd listen to Air America. Hearing you echo it all here isn't enlighting.

What a joke.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BronxDan;2594835]Hoo Ray for censorship....Don't ya just love being told what you can watch or listen too, by some blowhard in Washington. Left wing talking heads have nothing to worry about, they have no ratings.[/QUOTE]

It's only an affront to basic human rights if the right-wing does it. The left wing can mount an attack on freedom of speech and the kool-aid drinking apologists will view it as an "end to tyranny."

What a joke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2595017]Well, nice of youi to grudgingly admit the incredably obvious.

Nope, no bias in IJF. Good thing you don't listen to Air America then my friend, because if you think Hot Air Hannity is full of real "vile and bile", you might be so put off listening to your fellow libs, you might be inspirred to not vote Democrat.

Ofcourse it is, you have a penchant for calling anything posted from a conservative viewpoint as "rediculous".

Of course it is, becase no one said that. What I said was: "But to diminish that they don't speak to a sizeable segment of our population who agrees with much their ideology is simply wrong."

Nice hollow straw-man though, really. Hope you're not a reading comprehension teacher.....

Still can't admit that they speak to an sizeable audience of people who believe in their version of Conservativism, eh? Well, If denial gets you through the day I suppose.....

Wow, what a great idea. Given all the masses of Liberals, Progressives and activists in Hollywood, you'd think one would have stepped up by now, eh? Maybe it's not the sure think you seem to think it is.

Really? Seems to me it might be proof that Conservatives =/= Republicans. Certainly being entertained IS a part, but again, the idea you refuse to accept is that many people also agree.

Objection your honour! Relevance?

We're not talking about "Radio Listeners vs. All Voters". We're talking about the Fairness Doctrine, and an attempt to circumvent the market, and the desire of listeners, to get the product they enjoy/appreciate. We're talking about an attempt to mandate "political equallity" in media, which coming from Liberals is, frankly, a friggin joke.

Sure it was.:rolleyes:

Ironic, anything obama says is rightious and correct and taken out of context and misunderstood or a joke or, etc, etc, etc.

But if RUSH says something, it's dark evil hateful racist sexist bigoted HATE HATE HATE.

The only joke here is your bias IJF, and your utter lack of objectivity or understanding. You are, clearly, a deeply unquestionable liberal Democrat apologist who simply reads his opinions on the liberal site of the day, and vomits them back up here, literally verbatim.

It's sad, you ARE what you so often claim to dislike, the Liberal version of our resident Right-Wing Talking-Points Posting-Units. If I wanted the liberal talking point of the day, I'd listen to Air America. Hearing you echo it all here isn't enlighting.

What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Not once, in your entire diatribe, did you address your regurgitation from your previous post about Rush Limbaugh's blatant prejudices; "Funny, I listen to him most days, and I don't get that at all." :eek:

So I matched your quote against the following quotes right from the horse's ass....er...mouth;

[I]We're not sexists, we're chauvinists -- we're male chauvinist pigs, and we're happy to be because we think that's what men were destined to be. We think that's what women want."

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
    Who the hell cares." -Rush Limbaugh

"Sexual harassment at this work station will not be reported.
    However...it will be graded!!!"[/I]

These quotes (and I could honestly post 50 more as bad or worse) matched against your comments make you look either incredibly blind or incredibly biased. Maybe you are both. Because you failed to address this just like you failed to address many other parts of my response. Instead you rely on absolutes that are not even true-like this one; "Ironic, anything obama says is rightious and correct and taken out of context and misunderstood or a joke or, etc, etc, etc." Did you read my contributions to the thread on abortion?! Thats why its funny to watch when you act like the pot who calls the kettle black.

And here is another topic you skirted;...........

Of course there are a lot of people that listen to morons like Limbaugh ad Hannity that happen to agree with their drivel. In fact, many of their listeners have given up their souls to their drivel. My point is that, on a larger level, many republican voters are trending away from the supposed "conservative" values that you think these men espouse. (Ron Paul's popularity as an example) In fact here is what I was referring to;

[B]Republican Party (United States)[/B]

[I]Skeptics ask whether the Republican Party can simultaneously contain both libertarians and social conservatives, or whether it can contain a business community that may use illegal immigrants as employees, and Hispanic voters. Republican optimists also point to the success of Roosevelt's Democratic coalition, which held together even more disparate elements. For the most part until 2007, the Republican Party has remained fairly cohesive, as both strong economic libertarians and strong social conservatives are opposed to the Democrats, who they see as both the party of bigger and more secular, progressive government.[43] [B]Yet, libertarians are increasingly dissatisfied with the party's social policy and support for corporate welfare and national debt, which some believe has grown increasingly restrictive of personal liberties, and with the Bush Administration greatly increasing the federal debt.[44][/I][/B]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Republican_Party[/url]

These entertainers do an excellent job of entertaining. They are like Vince McMahan or P.T. Barnum and if you are even a little objective you would know that they are not to be taken serious. Just like many liberal personalities that are biased. Again, they have a right in this great country to enjoy the first amendment. But anyone that takes them serious on political issues is truly a fool. They are that biased.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-21-2008 at 03:50 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2595056]Not once, in your entire diatribe, did you address your regurgitation from your previous post about Rush Limbaugh's blatant prejudices; "Funny, I listen to him most days, and I don't get that at all." :eek:

These quotes (and I could honestly post 50 more as bad or worse) matched against your comments make you look either incredibly blind or incredibly biased. Maybe you are both. Because you failed to address this just like you failed to address many other parts of my response. Instead you rely on absolutes that are not even true-like this one; "Ironic, anything obama says is rightious and correct and taken out of context and misunderstood or a joke or, etc, etc, etc." Did you read my contributions to the thread on abortion?! Thats why its funny to watch when you act like the pot who calls the kettle black.[/quote]

I failed to address it, eh? Fine, if thats what you believe, I'll address it.

I either understood that many of these quotes were clearly sharp jokes, tongue-in-cheek, or are comments that I agreed with the premise behind, or in some cases disagreed with.

Depends, of course, on the quote in question.

However, with that said, your Politically Correct "Boo hoo you can't say that" ways are not my ways, I do not fear words or opinions I disagree with as you do, I do not support the Govt. shutting down vopices I disagree with. And frankly, I do not find these, or most, of his comments to be offensive.

If you think that makes me baised, so be it, I am biased. Certainly no less biased than you. Personally, I think you're a soft little whiner, who's afriad of words and disagreement, but eh.

There, addressed.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2595056]And here is another topic you skirted;...........

Of course there are a lot of people that listen to morons like Limbaugh ad Hannity that happen to agree with their drivel. In fact, many of their listeners have given up their souls to their drivel.[/quote]

Given up their Soul, eh? Ok, if you say so. Lord knows, no one gets their info from DailyKOS or Air America, right?

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2595056]My point is that, on a larger level, many republican voters are trending away from the supposed "conservative" values that you think these men espouse. (Ron Paul's popularity as an example) In fact here is what I was referring to;[/quote]

Riiiiight, Ron Pauls pull means Conservativism is dead. Republicans running away from Bush means Conservativism is dead.

But Liberalism is thriving right? Because Liberals are so honest about their policy goals, right? If you say so.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2595056]These entertainers do an excellent job of entertaining. They are like Vince McMahan or P.T. Barnum and if you are even a little objective you would know that they are not to be taken serious. Just like many liberal personalities that are biased. Again, they have a right in this great country to enjoy the first amendment. But anyone that takes them serious on political issues is truly a fool. They are that biased.[/QUOTE]

If you say so. Guess I'm a fool.

I'm a fool, and your a brainwashed hypocrite. We all have our faults I suppose.