Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Gets Caught Telling Another Lie

Obama Gets Caught Telling Another Lie

[url]http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1185304443?bctid=1616690759[/url]

His ad mentions him voting for Public Law 110-181. The only problem is he wasn't present for the vote .

[url]http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00001[/url]

Alright hammer and sickle crowd, let's hear the spin....:yes:

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2595491][url]http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1185304443?bctid=1616690759[/url]

His ad mentions him voting for Public Law 110-181. The only problem is he wasn't present for the vote .

[url]http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00001[/url]

Alright hammer and sickle crowd, let's hear the spin....:yes:[/QUOTE]

sure...was that the only vote on this?

since there are normally many votes held during the tedious efforts that are entailed in trying to get a bill through the senate

[QUOTE=piney;2595563]sure...was that the only vote on this?

since there are normally many votes held during the tedious efforts that are entailed in trying to get a bill through the senate[/QUOTE]

He's a plagiarist and a liar. Just admit it.

Change we can believe in.....

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2595629]He's a plagiarist and a liar. Just admit it.

Change we can believe in.....[/QUOTE]

Dean: he did this! Look he's a liar.

Piney: Here is some evidence refuting your claim.

Dean: oh...um....he's a plagiarist and liar anyway!

Obama is the "Manchurian Candidate" ;)

:D

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2595841]Piney: Here is some evidence refuting your claim.[/QUOTE]
    Where?

Veteran
    Just when you thought Dean couldn't make himself look even more stupid...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Dean may have to get used to the idea of Obama protecting him..

[QUOTE=Sharrow;2596736]Just when you thought Dean couldn't make himself look even more stupid...[/QUOTE]

Note to self:

Exposing the Obamessiah's lies makes one stupid.....

[QUOTE=CTM;2596876]Dean may have to get used to the idea of Obama protecting him..[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? If he wins, I'm moving to France.;)

Veteran
    Did you even look into this yourself or are you just parroting it?

[QUOTE=piney;2595563]sure...was that the only vote on this?

[/QUOTE] yup!

[QUOTE]1/22/2008 Passed/agreed to in Senate: Received in the Senate, read twice, considered, read the third time, and passed without amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 91 - 3

1/22/2008 Cleared for White House.
    1/24/2008 Presented to President.
    1/28/2008 Signed by President.
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2595629]He's a plagiarist and a liar. Just admit it.

Change we can believe in.....[/QUOTE]

i haven't posted here that often but this make me sick. You guys are so hell bent on finding the most miniscule, most irrelevant piece of dirt on a politician that you don't like. Its pretty sad.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;2598512]i haven't posted here that often but this make me sick. You guys are so hell bent on finding the most miniscule, most irrelevant piece of dirt on a politician that you don't like. Its pretty sad.[/QUOTE]

Really, its such a waste of time.

I mean, its such a stupid thing to attack him on.
    1. The add never said he voted on it, it said he helped passed it.
    2. He apparently had a hand in making the bill.
    3. It was passed almost unanimously.
    4. Five other senators didn't vote on it including McCain and Hillary Clinton.

I had to waste my time looking into this crap. If anyone is going to attack McCain or Obama at least find something to attack them on that will be worth a look into instead of idiot crap like this that they believed just by reading it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetman73;2595874]Obama is the "Manchurian Candidate" ;)

:D[/QUOTE]

I can't deny that a very small part of me sometimes considers that as a real possibility.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2598207]yup![/QUOTE]

well..looks Obama didn't vote...but he did have a hand in authoring many amendments to this bill which is even alluded to in a very misguided attempt to take a swipe at Obama;

[QUOTE]John McCormick of the Chicago Tribune:

While the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee [B]authored provisions that ultimately made it into the law, he did not vote for its passage [/B]on Jan. 22, when he was busy campaigning in advance of the South Carolina primary. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]JAN 2008: Part of [QUOTE]Obama Bill signed into law requiring new reporting on extent to which the United States relies on contractors. Section 863 of P.L. 110-181, the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2008 includes reporting requirement on the extent to which the United States has come to rely on private security contractors. [/QUOTE]The rest of the Obama bill is subject to ongoing negotiations in the Senate. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]...he submitted two amendments to the bill that would have enhanced health benefits to active servicemen and returning vets and co-sponsored an amendment that would have started bringing some troops home.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]...this bill is a reintroduction of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, which also passed both Houses of Congress, but was vetoed by President Bush.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]And, finally, Obama submitted two amendments, [B]SA 2085 ("SEC. 703. POSTDEPLOYMENT MEDICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH SCREENINGS FOR MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES") and SA 2086 ("SEC. 593. DISCHARGE OF MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES FOR PERSONALITY DISORDER")[/B] which contain the text:

The postdeployment examination shall be conducted not later than 90 days after the date of the return of a member to the United States from a deployment as described in subsection (a). The examination shall include a comprehensive medical and mental health assessment conducted on an individualized basis by personnel qualified to conduct such examinations.

Temporary Moratorium on Discharges. --Effective as of the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of a military department may not, except as provided in subsection (b), discharge from the Armed Forces for personality disorder any member of the Armed Forces (including a member of the National Guard or Reserve) who has served on active duty in a combat zone until the later of the dates as follows [/QUOTE]

seems he did have a hand in helping to create this bill..even though he did not show up to vote for a bill which was a lock to pass in the senate...

any questions???

I almost forgot this one too, notice one I slapped the sh!t out of the thread, it dropped like a stone for another lie made up by the insane people on this site....

yeesh.....

what is this, four or five now? Can we stop now?

[QUOTE] well..looks Obama didn't vote...but he did have a hand in authoring many amendments to this bill which is even alluded to in a very misguided attempt to take a swipe at Obama;

[B]John McCormick of the Chicago Tribune:

While the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee authored provisions that ultimately made it into the law, he did not vote for its passage on Jan. 22, when he was busy campaigning in advance of the South Carolina primary. [/B]

JAN 2008: Part of Obama Bill signed into law requiring new reporting on extent to which the United States relies on contractors. Section 863 of P.L. 110-181, the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2008 includes reporting requirement on the extent to which the United States has come to rely on private security contractors.

The rest of the Obama bill is subject to ongoing negotiations in the Senate.

...he submitted two amendments to the bill that would have enhanced health benefits to active servicemen and returning vets and co-sponsored an amendment that would have started bringing some troops home.

...this bill is a reintroduction of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, which also passed both Houses of Congress, but was vetoed by President Bush.

And, finally, Obama submitted two amendments, SA 2085 ("SEC. 703. POSTDEPLOYMENT MEDICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH SCREENINGS FOR MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES") and SA 2086 ("SEC. 593. DISCHARGE OF MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES FOR PERSONALITY DISORDER") which contain the text:

The postdeployment examination shall be conducted not later than 90 days after the date of the return of a member to the United States from a deployment as described in subsection (a). The examination shall include a comprehensive medical and mental health assessment conducted on an individualized basis by personnel qualified to conduct such examinations.

Temporary Moratorium on Discharges. --Effective as of the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of a military department may not, except as provided in subsection (b), discharge from the Armed Forces for personality disorder any member of the Armed Forces (including a member of the National Guard or Reserve) who has served on active duty in a combat zone until the later of the dates as follows

seems he did have a hand in helping to create this bill..even though he did not show up to vote for a bill which was a lock to pass in the senate...

any questions???[/QUOTE]

and yes, I am patting myself on the back a bit too hard!!!

[QUOTE=piney;2603591]I almost forgot this one too, notice one I slapped the sh!t out of the thread, it dropped like a stone for another lie made up by the insane people on this site....

yeesh.....

what is this, four or five now? Can we stop now?

and yes, I am patting myself on the back a bit too hard!!![/QUOTE]

phuck no... keep it coming.... their silence speaks volumes, just as it does in any Con man claim the world debunks....

So Obama is a liar? Just like many of you said Clinton was a liar, huh? And Bush was supposed to restore "integrity" to the white house.

When Clinton lied, people were morally outraged. When Bush lied, people died. But hey, your a Bush Supporter and a Pats fan. Two corrupt organizations that rose to power in 2001.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2595841]Dean: he did this! Look he's a liar.

Piney: Here is some evidence refuting your claim.

Dean: oh...um....he's a plagiarist and liar anyway![/QUOTE]

no evidence was presented. just a possibility.

Evidence would be to show that another vote did take plcae and he did vote for it then.