Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Imus Strikes Again

All League

Don Imus Strikes Again

He obviously doesn't get it.
    [url]http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=6223130[/url]

It's important. He could either be Yellow or Black. At least he didn't call him a nappy headed tennis ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Idiot.

who cares?

Are any black people seriously offended by this?

All League
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2597897]who cares?

Are any black people seriously offended by this?[/QUOTE]

The way it was stated is very offensive. The way I took it was that he had an agenda when he asked the question.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Sounds to me like he is either senile or he wants out of this contract.

Is anyone listening to Imus?

What Color is he? I'm missing something here, why is that offensive?

All League
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2597964]What Color is he? I'm missing something here, why is that offensive?[/QUOTE]

"There you go. Now we know." That is what Imus stated after Warner Wolff told him Jones was African-American. What do you think he meant by that?

[QUOTE=simijet;2597979]"There you go. Now we know." That is what Imus stated after Warner Wolff told him Jones was African-American. What do you think he meant by that?[/QUOTE]

What do you think he meant?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2598055]What do you think he meant?[/QUOTE]

he meant, "oh, he's black, that explains why he gets into so much trouble."

yeesh 'Fish I am not saying he can't think this way, but are you really going to say he doesn't?

I think too many folks hear what they want to hear. And with Imus, thats him being "racist". ****, with alot of folks today it's a game of "find the racist".

For example.;)

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171795[/url]

[QUOTE=Warfish;2598396]I think too many folks hear what they want to hear. And with Imus, thats him being "racist". ****, with alot of folks today it's a game of "find the racist".

For example.;)

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171795[/url][/QUOTE]

oh come on.....like I said before, I could care less...but Imus obviously has some racist views.......

this isn't exactly a witchhunt

[QUOTE=piney;2598399]oh come on.....like I said before, I could care less...but Imus obviously has some racist views.......

this isn't exactly a witchhunt[/QUOTE]

Oh sure, yea, obviously. How could anyone think otherwise, right? ;)

And of course the Racism Inquisition isn't on a witchunt. There on a RACISThunt. Silley piney.:D

[QUOTE=Warfish;2598404]Oh sure, yea, obviously. How could anyone think otherwise, right? ;)

And of course the Racism Inquisition isn't on a witchunt. There on a RACISThunt. Silley piney.:D[/QUOTE]

well....my interpretation of the term "Witchhunt" means that there is, in fact, no witch..and innocent people end up punished for something that doesn't exist...with Imus, the prejudice is evident...I mean, I know he is white and you probably feel like he is the victim of the dreaded "reverse racism", but he is making his own bed here.....you know....

[QUOTE=simijet;2597886]He obviously doesn't get it.
    [url]http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=6223130[/url][/QUOTE]

We have to accept Don for who he is, he's a racist. On the other hand, as a black man I can really care less about this. Im not interested in giving racist comments so much power over me or anyone else, Im part of the human race. Everyone says comments that are racially driven, some playful and some more evil and intentional.

He didnt disrespect the black people, he just looks like an ass and we should just dismiss him in disgust. This dude isnt even important, who even listens to this guy? I've heard of Don twice, and both times it was racially charged comments and I've never listened to his talk show so I could care even less. I dont really care. It would matter to me if this was about 100 years ago and those comments came with a rope and a tree for me to be hung from. He's an old school dude. He doesnt even realize that white women are falling all over themselves for black men now....(please dont hurt me Don).

That'll probably piss his ass off. :mad::steamin: Maybe he should take a trip up to Harlem and see whats really going on in the world outside of his production studio.

But you see, if you dont give the situation depth in your own mind then would it really matter? I think we have more important issues to take care of than Imus giving his opinion.
    Last edited by villain_the_foe; 06-24-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Take these guys for what they are THEY ARE SHOCK JOCKS they thrive on this crap. Society lets this crap go on, so society can deal with the consequences.

Look at that Idiot Howard Stern that so many people worship. I hear it all the time how great Howard Stern is and hes TEN times as vulgar and racist as Imus. But hes the top dog now and has been for some time so people dont mess with him because hes "just joking" . I personally think the guy is a disgrace and should not be allowed to grace the airwaves. I used to listen to Howard until one very disgracefull day when he refered to the Central park jogger (the day after they found her I believe) in a very disgracefull tone. I forget the exact words he used but it disturbed me to the point I never ever turned on his show again. Im not easily disturbed but this waste of life really got to me. Its people like Stern that pollute our society but we are a free society so he will be heard. Its up to the Idiots who listen to this guy to turn off the radio becuse he is a disgusting pig. The same pig who said "I hope Imus gets cancer and dies a painful horrible death" The same Imus who actully gave Stern his first real chance to make it big. Nice guy Nice role Model .

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not sure if Imus is more stupid or more racist but he clearly has a bit of both in him. He seems to think that because he has helped black kids with his foundation on his ranch and because he doesn't support slavery it means he's not a racist. But when he consistently places negative stereotypes on an entire group of people of one race, it's racism.

Imus could have just as easily said, "What profession is the guy in?" and Warner says, "Pro football" and then Imus says "well there you go!" But what he's basically saying is, well what did you expect from the guy...he's African-American. As if that predetermined what Pacman would become or do.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2598471]We have to accept Don for who he is, he's a racist. On the other hand, as a black man I can really care less about this. Im not interested in giving racist comments so much power over me or anyone else, Im part of the human race. Everyone says comments that are racially driven, some playful and some more evil and intentional.

He didnt disrespect the black people, he just looks like an ass and we should just dismiss him in disgust. This dude isnt even important, who even listens to this guy? I've heard of Don twice, and both times it was racially charged comments and I've never listened to his talk show so I could care even less. I dont really care. It would matter to me if this was about 100 years ago and those comments came with a rope and a tree for me to be hung from. He's an old school dude. [SIZE="6"]He doesnt even realize that white women are falling all over themselves for black men now[/SIZE]....(please dont hurt me Don).

That'll probably piss his ass off. :mad::steamin: Maybe he should take a trip up to Harlem and see whats really going on in the world outside of his production studio.

But you see, if you dont give the situation depth in your own mind then would it really matter? I think we have more important issues to take care of than Imus giving his opinion.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! WTF does THAT mean? I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

Are you complimenting black men in that they are comparatively smarter, more attractive, more successful, etc. than white men now? Or, are you turning off racism and turning on sexism to say that white women are stupid? There's about a million ways your point could be taken. I'm not sure that any of them are good. But that statement stands out like a sore thumb in an otherwise very good post, and is kinda funny.....in a good way! :D
    Last edited by jetstream23; 06-24-2008 at 03:55 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=piney;2598429]well....my interpretation of the term "Witchhunt" means that there is, in fact, no witch..and innocent people end up punished for something that doesn't exist...with Imus, the prejudice is evident...I mean, I know he is white and you probably feel like he is the victim of the dreaded "reverse racism", but he is making his own bed here.....you know....[/QUOTE]

The only person consistently caught in this "witch hunt" seems to be Imus and it's because that idiot keeps flying around on a broom! In other words, you don't have to hunt too hard to find someone like Imus who clearly harbors some deep prejudices.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2598532]The only person consistently caught in this "witch hunt" seems to be Imus and it's because that idiot keeps flying around on a broom! In other words, you don't have to hunt too hard to find someone like Imus who clearly harbors some deep prejudices.[/QUOTE]

what I am about to say may sound really dumb...but the guy is old..and old people are by and large prejudiced...no matter the race...old black guy, old white guy they tend to be sort of prejudiced...