Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karl Rove's "country club" comment...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Karl Rove's "country club" comment...

Referring to Obama:
    "Even if you never met him, you know this guy," Rove said, per Christianne Klein. "He's the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette that stands against the wall and makes snide comments about everyone who passes by."

Hmmm... since when did a black man become the icon of a country club? This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and yet, the Rove way to brand Obama as an elitist. Pitiful.
    Last edited by treehorn; 06-23-2008 at 10:14 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=treehorn;2598260]Referring to Obama:
    "Even if you never met him, you know this guy," Rove said, per Christianne Klein. "He's the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette that stands against the wall and makes snide comments about everyone who passes by."

Hmmm... [B][U]since when did a black man become the icon of a country club[/U][/B]? This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and yet, the Rove way to brand Obama as an elitist. Pitiful.[/QUOTE]

Wow, are YOU a bigot or what?

The first thing that comes to your mind when you hear this comment is "Hey now, there are no blacks at MY Country Club, what a silly comment!"

Are you saying black men don't belong in country clubs, or just the ones you go to?

Wow, really stunning your view on this. :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2598395]Wow, are YOU a bigot or what?

The first thing that comes to your mind when you hear this comment is "Hey now, there are no blacks at MY Country Club, what a silly comment!"

Are you saying black men don't belong in country clubs, or just the ones you go to?

Wow, really stunning your view on this. :eek:[/QUOTE]

No, that's just wrong. If anything, I'm saying that there are country clubs that are racist. Let's be real here, when you think country clubs, you don't think black people.

My point is, this style of politics is all silly. Obama has gone from a turban wearing muslim, to a snide country club elitist. You don't think this is all ridiculous?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=treehorn;2598432]Let's be real here, when you think country clubs, you don't think black people.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Maybe that the way it is at the clubs you attend.

When I think "County Clubs", I don't think about race or skin color at all. And I certainly don't think about racism in today's day and age.

Guess we'll agree to disagree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was. No, what is disturbing is how much of a scum bucket Karl Rove is. He continues to play the average American voter like a fool with his manipulation tactics. And Fox will continue to kiss his ass on the TV panel during the elections. Another 'fair and balanced' commentator :zzz::zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=treehorn;2598260]"Even if you never met him, you know this guy," Rove said, per Christianne Klein. "He's the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette that stands against the wall and makes snide comments about everyone who passes by."[/QUOTE]

That guy sounds pretty cool actually.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2598565]He continues to play the average American voter like a fool with his manipulation tactics.[/QUOTE]

By describing Obama as Frank Sinatra with golf clubs? Can't really understand where he's even going with this one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Aten;2598574]By describing Obama as Frank Sinatra with golf clubs? Can't really understand where he's even going with this one.[/QUOTE]

how about painting Obama as being elitist and out of touch with the average American? The old 'Ivy League' stereotype.

The ironic aspect of Rove's constipation is that the abomination currently in office, the one that he was instrumental in getting elected, is the concrete definition of what he claims Obama to be.

And regardless of what your opinion is on Obama the candidate, he is not a blue blooded, rich kid who is out of touch with America because he was handed everything. That is fodder for the lemmings to digest...and they will.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-24-2008 at 08:22 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=treehorn;2598260]Referring to Obama:
    "Even if you never met him, [B]you[/B] know this guy," Rove said, per Christianne Klein. "He's the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette that stands against the wall and makes snide comments about everyone who passes by."[/QUOTE]

Who does Rove mean by "you"? Me? The general public? The person he was directly speaking to? I'm not nearly wealthy enough to belong to a country club, and I never met Obama, so I don't think that [B]I'd[/B] know this guy, Rove. I'd even venture a guess that most Americans don't go to country clubs, and are not familiar with this type of stereo-type. Washington's all about elitism, isnt it?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rove is an anus. When he passes away, few people will care.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2598589]Rove is an anus. When he passes away, few people will care.[/QUOTE]

kind of like the scene at the end of gladiator when the sniveling, conniving, sexual failure Commodus dies and people just step over his body to tend to the good and decent Maximus.

Karl Rove is an example of everything that is wrong in Washington. And he isn't even an elected official so he is accountable to no one. What trash.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Aten;2598574]By describing Obama as Frank Sinatra with golf clubs? Can't really understand where he's even going with this one.[/QUOTE]

that's how screwed the GOP is

they pick the candidate with the least amount of net worth, the poorest parentage, and label him an elitist.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2598565]What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was. No, what is disturbing is how much of a scum bucket Karl Rove is. :[/QUOTE]

You really let your bias get in the way of blatant nonsense sometimes. What the original poster said was incredibly racist.

My family belongs to a country club and there are a few prominent black members, and no one thinks anything of it.

Are you sure you're ready for a black president?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2598680]You really let your bias get in the way of blatant nonsense sometimes. What the original poster said was incredibly racist.

My family belongs to a country club and there are a few prominent black members, and no one thinks anything of it.

Are you sure you're ready for a black president?[/QUOTE]

Your kidding me, right? :eek:

Post #5: [B][SIZE="4"]"What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was."[/SIZE][/B]

[B]What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was.

What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was.

What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was.

What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was. [/B]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2598705]Your kidding me, right? :eek:

Post #5: [B][SIZE="4"]"What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was."[/SIZE][/B]

[B]What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was.

What is really disturbing is not that the comment was racist, because I do not think it was. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why are you so racist?

:poke:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2598714]Why are you so racist?

:poke:[/QUOTE]

You got me, pauliec.. ;););)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2598680]You really let your bias get in the way of blatant nonsense sometimes. What the original poster said was incredibly racist.

Are you sure you're ready for a black president?[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm sorry to have made this a race issue. That was not my intention. If anything, I was knocking country clubs and their notoriety to be selective. I never said black people aren't part of country clubs.
    But given the sensitivity of race at this time, I take back what I said.

Back to my original intention... Karl Rove is a douche.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is a sign of great progress in our society that a black guy can be mocked as a country-club elitist.

Think how far we've come!

(That it's being done to a guy who doesn't belong to a country club by a guy who has spent much of his career working to get members of probably the most typical country-club family in America elected is a somewhat humorous aside.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not say that the original comment was racist. I would just say that it was very stupid. If anything it shows Rove to be an elitist as if the place he is used to seeing people socialize in is a country club.

To say that most country clubs have very few if any black members and is not the first association one thinks of when they think of places that blacks socialize in is not racist either. It is correct, but I don't think that Rove was talking about Obama in terms of his race.

What makes it stupid is to talk about Obama in this manner knowing his background and upbringing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2598799]I would not say that the original comment was racist. I would just say that it was very stupid. If anything it shows Rove to be an elitist as if the place he is used to seeing people socialize in is a country club.

To say that most country clubs have very few if any black members and is not the first association one thinks of when they think of places that blacks socialize in is not racist either. It is correct, but I don't think that Rove was talking about Obama in terms of his race.

[B]What makes it stupid is to talk about Obama in this manner knowing his background and upbringing[/B].[/QUOTE]

Its not stupid because this type of tactic appeals to the morons. Or as the Minister of Propaganda, Karl Rove would say; "It gets traction with certain voting blocks". :zzz: