View Poll Results: Whats your reaction of the police/protesters in the video?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Police were in the right. Protestors should just obey

5 26.32%
  • Police were wrong. Protestors have the right to protest.

7 36.84%
  • I have a different opinion on this entirely.

3 15.79%
  • Do I even care??

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what a Police State looks like!

This is what a Police State looks like!

What are your opinions of this video.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. Dont attack me (not that I really care), however, Id rather read reactions to the thread instead of anything else.

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aCpiE7WpVVk&feature=PlayList&p=7EB276C24228ADC4&index=0[/url]

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZIP0uHnMRSg&feature=related[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Club those hippies!!

[QUOTE=Untouchable;2598438]Club those hippies!![/QUOTE]

Like this hippie? All he did was ask John Kerry a few questions at the college that HE attends in an open forum. Once again, freedom of speech down the drain.

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE&feature=PlayList&p=7EB276C24228ADC4&index=1[/url]

[QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2598442]Like this hippie? All he did was ask John Kerry a few questions at the college that HE attends in an open forum. Once again, freedom of speech down the drain.

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE&feature=PlayList&p=7EB276C24228ADC4&index=1[/url][/QUOTE]

LOL

Is it wrong that that video makes me laugh? I'm sorry, I just can't help it. That kid is an idiot to the max. The way he was intentionally carrying on was just pathetic. Of course, the security guards were in the wrong, but he looked like an unstable mental patient.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2598479]LOL

Is it wrong that that video makes me laugh? I'm sorry, I just can't help it. That kid is an idiot to the max. The way he was intentionally carrying on was just pathetic. Of course, the security guards were in the wrong, but he looked like an unstable mental patient.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, this kid was being quite sarcastic on the microphone (i've seen a longer version of this), however, you have to admit paul, if this was your 19 year old son at school in an open forum asking some easy to answer questions for John Kerry and School police does this to your child. Would it be so funny? I found it actually disturbing given that it was an open forum and you hear Kerry in the background saying that he would answer the question and he thinks that they were important questions. #1. John Kerry should never be president because he couldnt even get school police to stop wrongfully detaining a student, just imagine what he would do as Commander, but outside of that, was law did this kid break in a public forum for him to be attacked by these policemen?

They didnt like the amount of time that he was on the mic? Was that it? Given that he was so sarcastic on the mic?? was that it?

I couldnt tell you what this kid did to warrant police to even interrupt him while he's asking a politician a question.

[QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2598483]I have to admit, this kid was being quite sarcastic on the microphone (i've seen a longer version of this), however, you have to admit paul, if this was your 19 year old son at school in an open forum asking some easy to answer questions for John Kerry and School police does this to your child. Would it be so funny? I found it actually disturbing given that it was an open forum and you hear Kerry in the background saying that he would answer the question and he thinks that they were important questions. #1. John Kerry should never be president because he couldnt even get school police to stop wrongfully detaining a student, just imagine what he would do as Commander, but outside of that, was law did this kid break in a public forum for him to be attacked by these policemen?

They didnt like the amount of time that he was on the mic? Was that it? Given that he was so sarcastic on the mic?? was that it?

I couldnt tell you what this kid did to warrant police to even interrupt him while he's asking a politician a question.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the kid did to warrant such a reaction from the guards, but the way he carried on seemed to me like he was almost expecting it. Like he was ready for them to intervene and wanted to make as big a scene as possible.

[quote=villain_the_foe;2598436]What are your opinions of this video.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. Dont attack me (not that I really care), however, Id rather read reactions to the thread instead of anything else.

[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aCpiE7WpVVk&feature=PlayList&p=7EB276C24228ADC4&index=0[/URL]

[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZIP0uHnMRSg&feature=related[/URL][/quote]

Nothing like idiotic ranting at night.

"moments later, for no apparent reason" - as the guy walks up to the camera and basically hits it with his sign. :rolleyes:

Hmm, why would anyone find people with masks on a public street suspicious?

And who is this idiot talking about a "right to privacy" while out in public?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2598497]Nothing like idiotic ranting at night.

"moments later, for no apparent reason" - as the guy walks up to the camera and basically hits it with his sign. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Looked like he wanted to get it on film, just like people hold up signs at sports games. Whats wrong with that?
    Last edited by Sharrow; 06-24-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Veteran
    Anyway, I'm sorry but they really need to get dudes or women with deeper voices to narrate these things. Every time I hear a whiny-voiced woman narrating them, I just can't help but have cindy sheehan pop up in my head and that doesn't help.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2598442]Like this hippie? All he did was ask John Kerry a few questions at the college that HE attends in an open forum. Once again, freedom of speech down the drain.

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE&feature=PlayList&p=7EB276C24228ADC4&index=1[/url][/QUOTE]

Ah, the infamous "Don't tase me bro" video! Classic stuff right there. Just remember, you can call Bush a liar and a war-monger all you want but don't ever ask a Democrat a question they don't like! :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2598436]What are your opinions of this video.

What are your thoughts?

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aCpiE7WpVVk&feature=PlayList&p=7EB276C24228ADC4&index=0[/url]

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZIP0uHnMRSg&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

Who is the narrator? First of all she sounds high. Second, she keeps referring to the videotape as information...."they collect all of this information", "look how they zoom in on this guy (the guy giving the middle finger nonetheless)", "what will they do with this information?". Aside from the fact that she doesn't understand the definition of the word "information" and it's difference from "data", she also doesn't see the appropriateness of having events like this recorded. She seems to imply it's wrong or illegal.

Most of the people in those crowds are career protesters who roam from event to event. I'm sure some have either been cited for civil disobedience in the past, protesting without a permit or possibly even attempting to incite a riot. I for one, think it protects us as citizens as well as law enforcement to videotape this stuff. It helps identify people in the crowd who may have already been warned or barred from protesting or have warrants outstanding, and it helps keep law enforcement in check to make sure they don't abuse protesters.

[QUOTE=Sharrow;2598521]Looked like he wanted to get it on film, just like people hold up signs at sports games. Whats wrong with that?[/QUOTE]

Dont pay any mind to Doggin Sharrow. He likes to act like an ass anytime I post. Dont pay any mind to him, unless he's posting proff that we're supposed to pay taxes from the "actual tax code".

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2598529]Who is the narrator? First of all she sounds high. Second, she keeps referring to the videotape as information...."they collect all of this information", "look how they zoom in on this guy (the guy giving the middle finger nonetheless)", "what will they do with this information?". Aside from the fact that she doesn't understand the definition of the word "information" and it's difference from "data", she also doesn't see the appropriateness of having events like this recorded. She seems to imply it's wrong or illegal.

Most of the people in those crowds are career protesters who roam from event to event. I'm sure some have either been cited for civil disobedience in the past, protesting without a permit or possibly even attempting to incite a riot. I for one, think it protects us as citizens as well as law enforcement to videotape this stuff. It helps identify people in the crowd who may have already been warned or barred from protesting or have warrants outstanding, and it helps keep law enforcement in check to make sure they don't abuse protesters.[/QUOTE]

In reading what you wrote, do you think that the police were in the right for shooting them with pellets, spraying them with pepper spray, hitting them with sticks etc? I want to know what your two cents are.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2598497]

[QUOTE]Nothing like idiotic ranting at night.[/QUOTE]
    Good evening to you too Doggin.

[QUOTE]"moments later, for no apparent reason" - as the guy walks up to the camera and basically hits it with his sign. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Oh word, that warrants the pepper spray, pellet guns, sticks and sh!t. You'd probably try to pull that one off in court wouldnt ya?

Im scared to find out what you think about the Sean Bell case with those cops in queens.

I actually had respect for you though we've debated and you even disrespected me, but now im really starting to loose that respect for you. You've been saying some really dumb Sh!t as of late and personally, I miss the old Doggin, that though he would throw out stupid comments he would put together statements that acutally made you think before you commented.

Please find that doggin, along with the information that I asked of him a week ago :yes:

[QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2598436]What are your thoughts?

P.S. Dont attack me[/QUOTE]

My thoughts? My thought is that in the ongoing battle to preserve our core freedoms from an intrusive and domineering Govt., people like your friend in the video are a painful distraction, making it harder to protect our rights.

Freedom is not absolute. It ends when it infringes upon the freedoms of others, the property of others and public safety. Pressing those boundaries just makes it harder to preserve what we have.

This quote is for the lemmings that either do not think the police were wrong or don't care..........

[B][SIZE="4"]Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."[/SIZE][/B]
    - Ben Franklin
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-24-2008 at 08:16 AM.

[QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2598542]

Im scared to find out what you think about the Sean Bell case with those cops in queens.

[/QUOTE]

He and his friends were Choir Boys with multiple felony arrests.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2598562]This quote is for the lemmings that either do not think the police were wrong or don't care..........

[B][SIZE="4"]Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."[/SIZE][/B]
    - Ben Franklin[/QUOTE]

Quote of the Day calendar?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2598529]Who is the narrator? First of all she sounds high. Second, she keeps referring to the videotape as information...."they collect all of this information", "look how they zoom in on this guy (the guy giving the middle finger nonetheless)", "what will they do with this information?". Aside from the fact that she doesn't understand the definition of the word "information" and it's difference from "data", she also doesn't see the appropriateness of having events like this recorded. She seems to imply it's wrong or illegal.

.[/QUOTE]

Clearly she's an idiot