Thread: shreveport attorney tommy k. cryer acquitted on federal income tax charges

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

shreveport attorney tommy k. cryer acquitted on federal income tax charges

I've been having a debate here with a few members of this website and i've been told that it was stupid to argue with a lawyer or anyone else for that matter in reference to us having to pay taxes. I asked for them to supply proof and they havent Well, Here you go forum. Let me know what you think.

[B][U][SIZE="3"]shreveport attorney tommy k. cryer acquitted on federal income tax charges[/SIZE][/U][/B]

back on 05 march 2007 we brought you news about shreveport, louisiana attorney tommy k. cryer and his struggle against the internal revenue service and the income tax fraud. [B][I][U]his trial was finally held in shreveport and he won![/U][/I][/B] below is a story that appeared in the 13 july 2007 shreveport times.

====
    [url]www.shreveporttimes.com[/url]
    ====

Local attorney acquitted on federal income tax charges
    [B][I][U]Cryer stopped filing income taxes more than 10 years ago[/U][/I][/B]
    [B]July 13, 2007[/B] (This is just a couple years ago...nothing in 1920somthing)
    By Loresha Wilson
    ljwilson-at-gannett.com

A Shreveport attorney who has [U]challenged the government for years[/U] on the legality of filing federal income taxes has been acquitted on charges he failed to file returns.

A federal jury unanimously found Tommy Cryer not guilty this week on two misdemeanor counts of failure to file.

And according to Cryer, the prosecution dismissed two felony charges of tax evasion prior to trial.

Attempts by The Times on Thursday to reach U.S. Attorney Donald Washington or Bill Flanagan, first assistant U.S. attorney, were not successful. Calls made to the two were not immediately returned.

[B][I][U]"The court could not find a law that makes me liable or makes my revenues taxable," Cryer said. "[/U][/I][/B] (Oh how I love life right now!) [B][U]The Supreme Court has ruled that the government cannot impose an income tax on anything but the profits and gains.[/U][/B] (The Supreme Court Doggin...you reading?) When you work for someone you give your service and labor in exchange for money, so everything you make is not profit or gain. You put something into it."

Cryer was indicted last year on two counts of tax evasion. The indictment alleged he evaded payment of $73,000 in income tax to the Internal Revenue Service during 2000 and 2001.

Cryer created a trust listing himself as the trustee, and received payments of dividends, interest and stock income to that trust, according to the indictment. He also was accused of concealing his receipt of the sources of income from the IRS by failing to file a tax return on behalf of that trust.

"I determined that my personal earnings were not 100 percent profits, some were income," Cryer said. "I refuse to file, [B][I][U]I refuse to pay unless they can show me I have a lawful reason to pay."[/U][/I][/B] (This part was for you Cr726 since you seem to want me to go to jail and post bail and sh!t.)...find me proof that shows different then! The IRS couldnt even find it!
    "What I earned was my own personal labor. I am giving something in exchange. I'm giving my property and I don't belong to anyone else."

[B][U][I]Cryer says he stopped filing returns more than 10 years ago after he investigated claims that income tax was a sham.[/I][/U][/B] (You hear that Doggin?????) He contends the law doesn't actually tax personal earning.

And to add, here's his video talking about his victory against the government that was never broadcasted on "mainstream media" ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY (I wonder why?????).

SHOW ME PROOF GENTLEMEN or just stop talking out your azz.
    [B]Tommy Cryer video[/B]
    [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=l5Of8M1MZJQ[/url]

yeah, keep calling me stupid. I have a lawyer who went to court AND WON who agrees with me so I can continue to care less what you call me.

P.S. Ya'll should be thanking me instead of trying to tear what i've been trying to tell yall down...either that or yall can just say that you two were wrong. I'd accept that.

So, I guess I wouldnt have owed you, your wife and children dinner huh Doggin?
    Last edited by villain_the_foe; 06-26-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=villain_the_foe;2601951]I've been having a debate here with a few members of this website and i've been told that it was stupid to argue with a lawyer or anyone else for that matter in reference to us having to pay taxes. I asked for them to supply proof and they havent Well, Here you go forum. Let me know what you think.

[B][U][SIZE="3"]shreveport attorney tommy k. cryer acquitted on federal income tax charges[/SIZE][/U][/B]

back on 05 march 2007 we brought you news about shreveport, louisiana attorney tommy k. cryer and his struggle against the internal revenue service and the income tax fraud. [B][I][U]his trial was finally held in shreveport and he won![/U][/I][/B] below is a story that appeared in the 13 july 2007 shreveport times.

====
    [url]www.shreveporttimes.com[/url]
    ====

Local attorney acquitted on federal income tax charges
    [B][I][U]Cryer stopped filing income taxes more than 10 years ago[/U][/I][/B]
    [B]July 13, 2007[/B] (This is just a couple years ago...nothing in 1920somthing)
    By Loresha Wilson
    ljwilson-at-gannett.com

A Shreveport attorney who has [U]challenged the government for years[/U] on the legality of filing federal income taxes has been acquitted on charges he failed to file returns.

A federal jury unanimously found Tommy Cryer not guilty this week on two misdemeanor counts of failure to file.

And according to Cryer, the prosecution dismissed two felony charges of tax evasion prior to trial.

Attempts by The Times on Thursday to reach U.S. Attorney Donald Washington or Bill Flanagan, first assistant U.S. attorney, were not successful. Calls made to the two were not immediately returned.

[B][I][U]"The court could not find a law that makes me liable or makes my revenues taxable," Cryer said. "[/U][/I][/B] (Oh how I love life right now!) [B][U]The Supreme Court has ruled that the government cannot impose an income tax on anything but the profits and gains.[/U][/B] (The Supreme Court Doggin...you reading?) When you work for someone you give your service and labor in exchange for money, so everything you make is not profit or gain. You put something into it."

Cryer was indicted last year on two counts of tax evasion. The indictment alleged he evaded payment of $73,000 in income tax to the Internal Revenue Service during 2000 and 2001.

Cryer created a trust listing himself as the trustee, and received payments of dividends, interest and stock income to that trust, according to the indictment. He also was accused of concealing his receipt of the sources of income from the IRS by failing to file a tax return on behalf of that trust.

"I determined that my personal earnings were not 100 percent profits, some were income," Cryer said. "I refuse to file, [B][I][U]I refuse to pay unless they can show me I have a lawful reason to pay."[/U][/I][/B] (This part was for you Cr726 since you seem to want me to go to jail and post bail and sh!t.)...find me proof that shows different then! The IRS couldnt even find it!
    "What I earned was my own personal labor. I am giving something in exchange. I'm giving my property and I don't belong to anyone else."

[B][U][I]Cryer says he stopped filing returns more than 10 years ago after he investigated claims that income tax was a sham.[/I][/U][/B] (You hear that Doggin?????) He contends the law doesn't actually tax personal earning.

And to add, here's his video talking about his victory against the government that was never broadcasted on "mainstream media" ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY (I wonder why?????).

SHOW ME PROOF GENTLEMEN or just stop talking out your azz.
    [B]Tommy Cryer video[/B]
    [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=l5Of8M1MZJQ[/url]

yeah, keep calling me stupid. I have a lawyer who went to court AND WON who agrees with me so I can continue to care less what you call me.[/QUOTE]

Great find Villain! lmao:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The case had nothing to do with whether or not his income was in fact taxable. That isn't a jury question. He was acquitted because he was able to successfully argue that he did not [I]believe[/I] that he was liable for the taxes and therefore lacked the requisite mental state to be convicted for willful failure to file. I have no doubt that this distinction will be completely lost on you.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Aten;2601996]The case had [U][B][I]nothing to do[/I][/B][/U] with whether or not his income was in fact taxable. That isn't a jury question. He was acquitted because he was able to successfully argue that he did not [I]believe[/I] that he was liable for the taxes and therefore lacked the requisite mental state to be convicted for willful failure to file. I have no doubt that this distinction will be completely lost on you.[/QUOTE]

(lol...you just dont know when to just say "i was wrong").
    Last edited by villain_the_foe; 06-26-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Aten;2601996]The case had nothing to do with whether or not his income was in fact taxable. That isn't a jury question. He was acquitted because he was able to successfully argue that he did not [I]believe[/I] that he was liable for the taxes and therefore lacked the requisite mental state to be convicted for willful failure to file. I have no doubt that this distinction will be completely lost on you.[/quote]

Aten, don't bother - its not going to get through to him.

Villain, ask Tommy whether the government is garnishing his wages for back taxes and penalties owed

[QUOTE]The Tax Prof [URL="http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2007/07/lawyertax-prote.html"][COLOR=#00539f]notes[/COLOR][/URL] the acquittal of tax-protesting lawyer Tom Cryer on criminal tax charges. The Tax Girl has [URL="http://www.taxgirl.com/cryer-wins-one-sort-of/"][COLOR=#00539f]also noted this[/COLOR][/URL].
    Whenever a tax protester wins wins acquittal on criminal tax charges, tax protesters say it "proves" that "there is no law" requiring them to pay taxes. By the same logic, the O.J. Simpson acquittal proves there is no law against multiple homicides. All it really proves is that you sometimes get a strange result from a jury.
    As Fed-Ex pilot Vernice Kuglin learned, though, [URL="http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/vernice-kuglin"][COLOR=#00539f]beating the rap[/COLOR][/URL] still [URL="http://www.ustaxcourt.gov/InOpHistoric/kuglin.TCM.WPD.pdf"][COLOR=#00539f]leaves you on the hook[/COLOR][/URL] for your taxes. The same goes for Mr. Cryer.
    And if any readers think "You do taxes for a living. Of course you believe this - it's in your interest" - think about this for a second. If this stuff actually worked, I would sit down with my biggest clients and work out a deal - I would say the magic words, they would never pay tax again, and in turn, I would get 5% of their income for life. I'd retire a rich man that afternoon. It would beat the heck out of working tax seasons. Don't you think any number of practitioners would do the same thing?
    [/QUOTE]

Here's what happened to another one who was acquitted of criminal tax evasion:

[QUOTE]
    Vernice B. Kuglin faced criminal charges for falsifying Forms W-4 and failing to pay taxes on $920,000 of income between 1996 and 2001, but was acquitted by a federal jury. [I]United States v. Kuglin[/I], No. 03-20111 (U.S.D.C. W.D. Tenn. 8/8/2003). According to newspaper accounts of the trial, jurors found persuasive the defendant’s argument that she attempted to obtain an explanation of the Service’s authority to collect taxes from her but her correspondence went unanswered. See 2003 TNT 155-12 (Aug. 11, 2003); 2003 TNT 155-13 (Aug. 11, 2003); 2003 TNT 158-2 (Aug. 14, 2003).

[B]In the case of Ms. Kuglin, we also know that she did not escape civil liability[/B] for the taxes because she was later interviewed on a radio program and admitted that [B]the IRS had garnished her salary to pay the taxes she owed.[/B] “American Radio” with Dave Champion (1/31/2004). Eight months later, [B]she entered into a settlement with the IRS in Tax Court in which she agreed to pay more than half a million dollars in back taxes and penalties.[/B] [I]Kuglin v. Commissioner[/I], No. 21743-03, 2004 TNT 177-14 (T.C. 9/1/2004).

On April 30, 2007, the [I]Memphis Daily News[/I] reported that [B]a notice of federal tax lien had been filed against her in the amount of $188,025. [/B][URL="http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editorial/StoryDaily.aspx?story=digest&date=4%2F30%2F2007"][COLOR=#030390]http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editorial/StoryDaily.aspx?story=digest&date=4%2F30%2F2007[/COLOR][/URL]
    [/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=villain_the_foe;2601977]Great find [B]Villain![/B] lmao:D[/quote]

Did you forget to change accounts before you posted this?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2602117]Did you forget to change accounts before you posted this?[/QUOTE]

That would have been too much work, just to be a sarcastic Jack ass that I was being. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped paying Income Taxes back in '98. Nice to see someone else bucking it too. F the IRS.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2602116]Aten, don't bother - its not going to get through to him.

[QUOTE]Villain, ask Tommy whether the government is garnishing his wages for back taxes and penalties owed[/QUOTE]
    I'll do so when I meet him. As for the lady who filed her W-4 and lied on it...Tommy didnt sign that CONTRACT AGREEMENT WHICH IS A W-4. He didnt file at all which didnt didnt put him under that contractual agreement, and there was nothing that stated that he actually paid those back taxes that he didnt owe in the first place. Its YOUR responsibility to disprove what Im posting, dont ask me to "look" for it. How about posting it. Post something that states that Tommy actually paid back the money or settled for an amount to pay back.

Its funny, everytime I ask you to post prove you cant. You just go on this rant about how "im going to believe whatever I want". You sound just like the government...dont show you proof but say that YOU sound like the Jackass. You're f-ing funny Doggin. Im never bring up this point again. My point has been proven for the second time. But I'll leave you with this information here.

It's just the first segment. I would post all 4 but you've never been interested in learning anything. Maybe a la

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6KjBy_qp4Zc[/url]