Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush on Oil 8 years ago

Bush on Oil 8 years ago

This creep actually said he was going to keep prices low [URL="http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-bush.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-bush.html[/URL]

My favorite part is:[QUOTE] he would "make the case that I'm the person that can change the tone of Washington, D.C.," and added, "Just give me a chance to be the president." [/QUOTE]
    Oh he changed the tone of Washington alright

Now Al Gore on the other hand:
    [QUOTE]"I have never been afraid to take on big oil," Mr. Gore said. But, the vice president added, "My opponent comes out of the oil industry. His experience is as an oil company executive. He called for higher oil prices to boost the oil companies' profits."

[/QUOTE]
    [URL="http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-gore.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-gore.html[/URL]

Gee who would have thought an oil executive with strong ties to the oil industry and 8 years later you have astronomical prices, I dont think anyone could have predicted this

Hey Tok, I'm curious....

Can you remind me what price Oil was at per barrel, and regular gasoline was at the pump, when the Democrat Congress took over and started running the show?

Thanks!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;2604372]Hey Tok, I'm curious....

Can you remind me what price Oil was at per barrel, and regular gasoline was at the pump, when the Democrat Congress took over and started running the show?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

hope this helps...

[IMG]http://66.70.86.64/ChartServer/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=18&Areas=USA Average,Canada Average,&Unit=US $/G[/IMG]

[url]http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Tok,

Seek first to understand, THEN to be understood. - Steve Covey

In other words, please know what the heck you're talking about before you start throwing craziness around.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2604372]Hey Tok, I'm curious....

Thanks![/QUOTE]

haha are you serious? Well as I recall oil was up to about $80 a barrel, then in the few months prior to elections it mysteriously started dropping, to around $60 a barrel, then literaly the day after the elections it started jumping again

Let me ask you, do you have stock in oil?

And the Democrat congress doesnt run the show, as long as we have a Republican in the White House he vetoes anything and everything that doesnt effect big business and the oil industry

[QUOTE=Tok3535;2604382]Let me ask you, do you have stock in oil?[/QUOTE]

Not a penny's worth.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2604375]hope this helps...

[IMG]http://66.70.86.64/ChartServer/ch.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=18&Areas=USA Average,Canada Average,&Unit=US $/G[/IMG]

[url]http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx[/url][/QUOTE]

windfall tax on the oil industry, lets put a price cap on them, I assure you once we get a Democrat in the White House he will look into these things

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tok3535;2604382]haha are you serious? Well as I recall oil was up to about $80 a barrel, then in the few months prior to elections it mysteriously started dropping, to around $60 a barrel, then literaly the day after the elections it started jumping again
    [B]
    Let me ask you, do you have stock in oil?[/B]

And the Democrat congress doesnt run the show, as long as we have a Republican in the White House he vetoes anything and everything that doesnt effect big business and the oil industry[/QUOTE]

Why would that even matter? Just about every teacher, social worker, airline employee, garbage man, doctor, CEO, and janitor in America has a piece of oil either through a 401(k), Keogh, Pension Plan, etc.

[QUOTE=Tok3535;2604387]windfall tax on the oil industry, lets put a price cap on them, I assure you once we get a Democrat in the White House he will look into these things[/QUOTE]

And how, specificly, will the Windfall Profit Tax imcrease supply, or lower prices?

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Tok3535;2604382]haha are you serious? Well as I recall oil was up to about $80 a barrel, then in the few months prior to elections it mysteriously started dropping, to around $60 a barrel, then literaly the day after the elections it started jumping again

And the Democrat congress doesnt run the show, as long as we have a Republican in the White House he vetoes anything and everything that doesnt effect big business and the oil industry[/QUOTE]

As if quoting the NY Times wasn't ridiculous enough...now we have a conspiracy theory. How original.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2604383]Not a penny's worth.[/QUOTE]

then I dont understand why you are a oil/republican apologist

I dont understand how anyone can see with a Adminstration who recieved millions of dollars in donations from all the big oil companies

an administration who is in bed with the oil companies with ties going back 50 years, I dont understand how anyone cant see it is a coincidence that oil prices are at what they are when we have adminstration and a president completly in bed with them

the oil companies have given 100 million dollars in donations to Republicans since 2000, why do they give them all this money?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2604389]Why would that even matter? Just about every teacher, social worker, airline employee, garbage man, doctor, CEO, and janitor in America has a piece of oil either through a 401(k), Keogh, Pension Plan, etc.[/QUOTE]

why would it matter? Well you become an apologist if you benefit from the rising prices, based on your other post I know you have stock in oil

I am looking out for the average person, the average person who doesnt have stock in oil (probably like 95% of America)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tok3535;2604387]windfall tax on the oil industry, lets put a price cap on them, I assure you once we get a Democrat in the White House he will look into these things[/QUOTE]

He'd be dumb.

The average net profit margin for the S&P Energy sector is 9.7%. The average for the S&P 500 is 8.5%. So yes, energy companies are slightly more profitable than many others, but just slightly.

Google reported a net profit margin of 25% in the 1st quarter. Should we have an online advertising windfall profit tax? Should we tax anyone and anything that all of sudden makes a profit?

[QUOTE=Tok3535;2604369]This creep actually said he was going to keep prices low [URL="http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-bush.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-bush.html[/URL]

My favorite part is:
    Oh he changed the tone of Washington alright

Now Al Gore on the other hand:

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-gore.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/062800wh-gore.html[/URL]

Gee who would have thought an oil executive with strong ties to the oil industry and 8 years later you have astronomical prices, I dont think anyone could have predicted this[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sure Bush decided that his place in history was worth being sht just so his super millionaire friends could become super duper millionaire friends.

Yeah al Gore says a lot of things.

[QUOTE=Tok3535;2604395]then I dont understand why you are a oil/republican apologist[/QUOTE]

So not buying into your utterly unproven conspiracies is now being "an apologist".

Noted.

[QUOTE=Tok3535;2604395]I dont understand how anyone can see with a Adminstration who recieved millions of dollars in donations from all the big oil companies[/QUOTE]

Both Parties receive millions in big industry donations.

[QUOTE=Tok3535;2604395]the oil companies have given 100 million dollars in donations to Republicans since 2000, why do they give them all this money?[/QUOTE]

Sam reason the Teachers Unions give millions to Democrats. To exert their political will via our existing political system.

So what have Democrats passed and had vetoed that would have lowered Gasoline prices then, since you say they are not in charge.

[QUOTE=AmericanMadman;2604401]Yeah I'm sure Bush decided that his place in history was worth being sht just so his super millionaire friends could become super duper millionaire friends.

Yeah al Gore says a lot of things.[/QUOTE]

Bush doesnt think, he is a puppet put in place by the oil companies and corporate elite of America

and those super duper millionare friends are now billionare friends

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tok3535;2604397]why would it matter? Well you become an apologist if you benefit from the rising prices, based on your other post I know you have stock in oil

I am looking out for the average person, the average person who doesnt have stock in oil (probably like 95% of America)[/QUOTE]

Do you have a job? Do you have any assets whatsoever? Or do you just want the government to take money from others and give it to you?

I am seriously trying to figure out why you hate anyone and anything that finds a way to succeed in America. You like France better, I get it. You want everyone to have everything equally so that no matter how smart you are or how hard you work it doesn't matter. We can all take off 2 months during the Summer and hang out and smoke cigarettes while the government taxes the snot out of everyone to pay our lazy asses. Is that it?

I forgot anyone who doesn't toe the democrat line is a big oil bush boogie man spreading disinformation.

I must own oil and haliburton stock too, and why not I make preschool teacher money. You ain't seen money till you've been a teacher.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tok3535;2604407]Bush doesnt think, he is a puppet put in place by the oil companies and corporate elite of America

and those super duper millionare friends are now billionare friends[/QUOTE]

This **** is hilarious. Deep thinking about as deep as a freckle.

Seriously, you should change your name to "cooltalkingpointsIreadonBushSucks.org"

Oh I'm sure. And the democrats promised when they took congress everything would change. They have not done sht.

Forget that democrats own oil stocks too. The dems in office are the party elite just like the republicans. They represent themselves not you, just like the republicans.

At least the republicans preach independence and responsibility, while the democrats teach people to be victims and dependent.