Thread: TD gets Obama generated "goose bumps"

TD gets Obama generated "goose bumps"

[QUOTE]TD Jakes, Dallas based megachurch pastor and televangelist, wrote in a column for CNN earlier this month that as he listened to Barack wax eloquently during his victory speech he got “goose bumps.” This comment by Jakes, an evangelical minister, in turn gave me goose bumps—as in the bad ones.

You’re familiar with the icky chills, aren’t ‘cha? It’s that weird, tangible, frightening freeze you get when you wake up to the demon ghost of Leona Helmsley hovering over your bed in a Victoria’s Secret teddy at 3 AM or when you accidentally drink from the beer can your dipping buddy has been using for a spit cup. That’s the kind of tingly feeling I got when I read Jakes’ Barack goose bump bumbling gaffe.

Goose bumps, Mr. Jakes? Please. Isn’t all this “Barack gives me goose flesh” coming from male journalists, basketball team owners and now you, a bishop, a tad tweed?

Goose bumps? Have ministers and pundits been reduced to giggly fourteen year-old girls who discern Mr. Right based upon horripilation? If so, then I’m voting for 7/11’s giant cherry slurpee for president because not only did it give me severe chicken skin the other day when I was wailing on it, but I also had a 30 second brain-freezing drooling moment that was simply awesome.

Ah, the divining wand of goose bumps.

I remember an acquaintance of mine who married a whacked girl three years ago, much to his friends’, pastor’s and family’s disapproval. I asked him why the heck he was going to plow ahead and marry this chick even though all his closest friends didn’t dig her, and he said, “I can’t help it, she’s magnetic, bewitching, and she gives me goose bumps.”

Yep, it was because of this vixen’s voodoo that he “knew, just knew” that she was “God’s will for his life.” Well, 36 months later not only did she give him goose bumps but she also gave him Chlamydia, panic attacks and a whopping credit card debt, along with a little heart ache when she left him for a 19 year-old multi-tattooed girl from Starbucks.

(snip)

As a Christian who takes the Scripture seriously, I don’t care what an accomplishment it is for Barack to win his party’s nod. In addition, I don’t give flip how great a speaker the uber-liberal junior state senator from Chi-town is, either. Nor do I care whether or not he says he’s “filled with the holy ghost and fire,” loves Jesus, babies, kittens and candy canes. What I care about is his incessant anti-Scripture/traditional American values voting record, such as . . .
    [/QUOTE]:yes::yes:

[url=http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DougGiles/2008/06/21/barack_obama_gives_bishop_td_jakes_goose_bumps%E2%80%94which_makes_my_skin_crawl] more [/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [B][SIZE="7"]It's morning in America![/SIZE][/B]

Oh, wait. Wrong guy. Were they both hopemongers? William Buckley stained his khakis. It was ok though. It was the 80's and our country was being run by a corpse with no central nervous system and his astrologer. Jive turkey, man. Just chill.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2606596][B][SIZE="7"]It's morning in America![/SIZE][/B]

Oh, wait. Wrong guy. Were they both hopemongers? William Buckley stained his khakis. It was ok though. It was the 80's and our country was being run by a corpse with no central nervous system and his astrologer. Jive turkey, man. Just chill.[/QUOTE]

If Obama gets elected it will be:

[SIZE="7"]Mourning in America[/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2606599]If Obama gets elected it will be:

[SIZE="7"]Mourning in America[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It very well could be. I'm not debating that...check my posts. I'm on record as saying I think Obama is a black Bush. Just you wait...

My point is that the same people who think Obama's message of hope is stupid were ejaculating in their bloomers when Reagan was president. Reagans message of hope...Okey Dokey. Obama's message of hope? Argghh! How gay!