Thread: Report: Lampard to Inter Milan Official

Jets Insider VIP

Report: Lampard to Inter Milan Official

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ter/index.html

Report: Lampard to Inter Milan a done deal

By Luís Mira, Special to SI.com, Goal.com

France Football claims that Frank Lampard's move from Chelsea to Internazionale is signed, sealed and delivered. The England international midfielder has apparently reunited with coach José Mourinho at the San Siro in a deal worth $14.2 million.

The French paper says Lampard has signed a four-year contract with the Nerazzurri after a total of seven seasons of play at Stamford Bridge.

Lampard has been linked with a move to Inter Milan for several weeks now, following the appointment of Mourinho as the new boss of the Italian champions.

Mourinho has been relishing the prospect of reuniting with the England international, having coached him during his time at the helm of Chelsea.

France Football suggests that Lampard will be rewarded with an annual salary of $11.5 million at the Giuseppe Meazza.

The London-based club is now on the lookout for a creative midfielder to replace Lampard, with reports suggesting Luiz Felipe Scolari to have found his man under the form of Deco, who is on the transfer list at Barcelona.

God, I hate Inter. I bet their kits will be better looking than Milan's again too, this year.

Hall Of Fame
    in related news, Deco to Chel$ki is official...looks like the transfer window is finally heating up...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...759279,00.html
    Chelsea complete Deco deal
    Blues capture Portuguese star

Chelsea have completed the signing of Barcelona playmaker Deco for a reported fee of £7.9million.

It is understood Deco has agreed a two-year deal in West London and that he will cost Chelsea a fee in the region of 10million euros (£7.9m).

The 30-year-old becomes new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari's first signing, despite the fact that the Brazilian does not officially take over at Stamford Bridge until Tuesday.

A statement on Chelsea's official website said: "Chelsea football club is delighted to confirm the signing of Deco from FC Barcelona."

Scolari reunion

Summer speculation consistently linked Deco with a move to Chelsea and the arrival of Scolari stoked the rumours.

Former Portugal boss Scolari coached Deco, who impressed at Euro 2008, at international level and it was thought that both parties were keen for a reunion.

Having now completed the deal, the Blues could view Deco as a possible replacement for Frank Lampard, who is being strongly linked with a move to Internazionale.

And Deco is looking forward to the challenge of overhauling Manchester United in the Premier League and UEFA Champions League after Chelsea finished runners-up to the Red Devils in both competitions last season.

Challenge

"I am sure I have come at the right time to do great things and be able to help Chelsea go back to the way it was," Deco told Chelsea TV.

"The Premier League is a great league and it is getting better and you can see that with the Champions League final, where you had two English teams.

"It is great that we have so many great players here at Chelsea and it is great that there is the competition which is healthy for everybody and this just makes the team better.

"To have great players in any position of the club just enhances the club. I know it is a new challenge but I am looking forward to it.

"I know I need a little bit of time to adapt, but I am sure I will adapt quite well and quite fast and do my best for the team."

Jets Insider VIP
    BTW Lampard to Inter was never finalized.It was a rumor..