Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More from Faux News

Hall Of Fame

More from Faux News

Caught doctoring photos of NY Times personnel

Comparing the two photos, it appears that the following changes have been made: Steinberg's teeth have been yellowed, his nose and chin widened, and his ears made to protrude further:
    [img]http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/fox-20080702-steinberg.jpg[/img]

Similarly, a comparison of the photo of Reddicliffe used by Fox News and the original photo suggests that Reddicliffe's teeth have been yellowed, dark circles have been added under his eyes, and his hairline has been moved back:

[img]http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/fox-20080702-redicliffe.jpg[/img]

[url]http://mediamatters.org/items/200807020002[/url]

Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times reporters

Summary: During a segment in which Fox & Friends co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade labeled New York Times reporter Jacques Steinberg and editor Steven Reddicliffe "attack dogs," Fox News featured photos of Steinberg and Reddicliffe that appeared to have been digitally altered -- the journalists' teeth had been yellowed, their facial features exaggerated, and portions of Reddicliffe's hair moved further back on his head.

On the July 2 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade labeled New York Times reporter Jacques Steinberg and editor Steven Reddicliffe "attack dogs," claiming that Steinberg's June 28 article on the "ominous trend" in Fox News' ratings was a "hit piece." During the segment, however, Fox News featured photos of Steinberg and Reddicliffe that appeared to have been digitally altered -- the journalists' teeth had been yellowed, their facial features exaggerated, and portions of Reddicliffe's hair moved further back on his head. Fox News gave no indication that the photos had been altered.

After putting up the photos of Steinberg and Reddicliffe, Fox & Friends also featured a photograph of Steinberg's face superimposed over that of a poodle, while Reddicliffe's face was superimposed over that of the man holding the poodle's leash.

Below is a screenshot of Fox & Friends featuring the photo it used of Steinberg, with the original photo on its left. Comparing the two photos, it appears that the following changes have been made: Steinberg's teeth have been yellowed, his nose and chin widened, and his ears made to protrude further.

Similarly, a comparison of the photo of Reddicliffe used by Fox News and the original photo suggests that Reddicliffe's teeth have been yellowed, dark circles have been added under his eyes, and his hairline has been moved back.

From the July 2 edition of Fox & Friends:

DOOCY: And before we go today, something's been bugging me. A couple of days --

KILMEADE: Well, go back outside.

DOOCY: We will. A couple of days ago, when most newspapers in America were doing these positive stories about how Fox News Channel, once again, number one --

KILMEADE: Like the LA Times.

DOOCY: -- for many, many years. There was a hit piece by somebody in The New York Times. The writer was a fellow by the name of Jacques Steinberg, and he's been doing a bunch of attack stories on Fox News Channel. Well, there's some backstory to it, and that is this: His boss, the guy who assigned him to this, is a fellow by the name of Steven Reddicliffe, and Mr. Reddicliffe actually used to work for this company. He worked -- I think he was the editor in charge of TV Guide until circulation went down under his tenure --

KILMEADE: Right.

DOOCY: -- something like, 40 percent. So, he got fired, and according to Radar Online, this guy has had an ax to grind.

KILMEADE: Yeah, he does, because, I think, Steve, according to reports -- according to Radar and another online magazine -- he was making close to a million dollars here, and now with his new job --

DOOCY: Yeah.

KILMEADE: -- he's making significantly less. How about a tenth of that?

DOOCY: So, anyway, Radar says he's had an ax to grind, and that's why he sends his attack dog Jacques Steinberg out -- that fellow right there, the writer for The New York Times -- to do these hit pieces. So, he essentially is his attack dog. His -- his poodle, if you will.

KILMEADE: So --

DOOCY: Oooh! Very, very nice.

KILMEADE: -- Radar Online has unlocked the mystery. And there you go, because that story was oddly in the Arts section of The New York Times, in the Sunday Times.

DOOCY: Anyway, we just thought we'd -- cute. I wonder if he's going to show him at Westminster this year.

KILMEADE: I'm not really sure. We know a beagle won last year, and this -- he's dressed as a poodle.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKxfZ2w-Als[/url]

Hat tip to Sharrow for finding the vid on youtube
    Last edited by King Ryan; 07-03-2008 at 03:48 PM.

No footage from Fox, of course. Just some ridiculous MM.org hosted Fox stills. Yet when Fox footage is needed for the content (and not the presentation) voila! We see the actual goods. Let me help you out with this waste of time...FAIL. Soros is funding, among other things, kid stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    It's not the fault of FOX- just look at what they had to work with. Neither of these guys are exactly Brad Pitt.

I love it!!!!:D

The FOX Noose tightens:yes::yes:

Looks like a bad photoshop quickie to me.

You would think the all-powerful maipulation machine that is (Supposedly) "Faux Noise" could afford to hire a few actual computer graphics artists to do that kind of work.

Those supposedly "Fox Doctored" pics would be embarassing if they were done by a 6 year old with MS Paint.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=sackdance;2612159]No footage from Fox, of course. Just some ridiculous MM.org hosted Fox stills. Yet when Fox footage is needed for the content (and not the presentation) voila! We see the actual goods. Let me help you out with this waste of time...FAIL. Soros is funding, among other things, kid stuff.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever attempted to watch Fox & Friends?

It's like a high school production. Forget about bias. The show is pure amateur hour.

I think Steve Doocy is borderline retarded. Did you see the ridiculous segment where he accused Obama of plagiarizing the Mario Cuomo speech when the clips they showed shard a grand total of three words: of, to, we.

Doocy actually introduced the clips by saying to listen closely because Obama's speech allegedly matched Cuomo's "verbatim."

Forget bias, that is pure stupidity.

His partner Brian Kilmeade is brain damaged and immature. I've never heard the guy utter a complete sentence.

And these guys are hosting the morning show of a major cable news network.

Does anyone watch this show and take it remotely serious?

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2612371]Have you ever attempted to watch Fox & Friends?

It's like a high school production. Forget about bias. The show is pure amateur hour.

I think Steve Doocy is borderline retarded. Did you see the ridiculous segment where he accused Obama of plagiarizing the Mario Cuomo speech when the clips they showed shard a grand total of three words: of, to, we.

Doocy actually introduced the clips by saying to listen closely because Obama's speech allegedly matched Cuomo's "verbatim."

His partner Brian Kilmeade is brain damaged and immature. I've never heard the guy utter a complete sentence.

Does anyone watch this show and take it remotely serious?[/QUOTE]

I rarely see Fox, but it does seem like a disproportionate amount of the truly embarassing episodes there do come from "Fox & Friends."

Isn't that the program that gave us the "terrorist fist jab"?

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2612409]I rarely see Fox, but it does seem like a disproportionate amount of the truly embarassing episodes there do come from "Fox & Friends."

Isn't that the program that gave us the "terrorist fist jab"?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2612409]I rarely see Fox, but it does seem like a disproportionate amount of the truly embarassing episodes there do come from "Fox & Friends."

Isn't that the program that gave us the "terrorist fist jab"?[/QUOTE]

No, that was the afternoon show with E.D. Hill. She's not on TV anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2612176]It's not the fault of FOX- just look at what they had to work with. Neither of these guys are exactly Brad Pitt.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Warfish;2612332]Looks like a bad photoshop quickie to me.

You would think the all-powerful maipulation machine that is (Supposedly) "Faux Noise" could afford to hire a few actual computer graphics artists to do that kind of work.

Those supposedly "Fox Doctored" pics would be embarassing if they were done by a 6 year old with MS Paint.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The point is they didn't have to manipulate the photos... most (read: ALL) news organizations (read: obviously Faux "News" fails to meet that criteria) post unadultered photos of people... not to mention it's easier to just post the photos as-is, without creating crazy hairlines, yellow teeth, bigger/weirder noses, dark circles, or other malicious doctoring. But in order to manipulate the photos, it takes a LOT more time, effort, energy, planning... rather then simply posting them as they are... and to do it in a malicious way just proves what they are
    Last edited by King Ryan; 07-03-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2612159]No footage from Fox, of course. Just some ridiculous MM.org hosted Fox stills. Yet when Fox footage is needed for the content (and not the presentation) voila! We see the actual goods. Let me help you out with this waste of time...FAIL. Soros is funding, among other things, kid stuff.[/QUOTE]

yes clearly the still captures are worthless... you can hardly make out the erroneous manipulations to the guys photos. If only I had videos of it so you could clearly make out their gross manipulations of these poor guys photos... then, and only then, would be it relevant and would we all be able to see the ridiculous doctoring

:rolleyes:

and by the way, if you click on the link in my original post, there is a video of it in the top right of the page... busted
    Last edited by King Ryan; 07-03-2008 at 08:57 AM.

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2612371]Have you ever attempted to watch Fox & Friends?

[B]Does anyone watch this show and take it remotely serious?[/[/B]QUOTE]

Sadly, there are mindless lemmings who turn the show on like its their duty in the morning. It may be the worst show on any "news" channel. Its actually an insult to the population that Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch puts this trash on their "news" channel.

Hall Of Fame
    From Editor & Publisher:

Fox News Airs Revised Photos of 'NYT' Staffers -- Sifton Calls It 'Disgusting'

By E&P Staff

Published: July 02, 2008 2:48 PM ET updated 4:05 PM

NEW YORK The Fox News channel has gained wide attention today in the blogosphere for airing photos of two New York Times staffers that appear to have been doctored to portray the Timesmen in an unflattering light.

The photos depict New York Times reporter Jacques Steinberg with yellowed teeth, "his nose and chin widened, and his ears made to protrude further," according to a statement today by Media Matters for America. The other image, of Times television editor Steven Reddicliffe, with similar yellow teeth, as well as "dark circles ... under his eyes, and his hairline has been moved back," according to the Media Matters statement.

The photos appear to have been flattened or extended using photoshop tools.

On Wednesday morning's edition of Fox & Friends, co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade aired the photos while discussing a piece in the June 28 edition of the New York Times. The piece pointed out what the newspaper called "ominous trends" in Fox News' ratings.

Neither Steinberg nor Reddicliffe were reachable for comment Wednesday. But Times Culture Editor Sam Sifton called the Fox photo work "disgusting," and the criticism of the paper's reporting "a specious and meritless claim."

"It wasn't a hit piece," Sifton told E&P. "It was straight news. This was a hit piece by Fox News. It is beneath comment." Asked if the paper planned to respond to Fox's actions, he said no: "It is fighting with a pig, everyone gets dirty and the pig likes it."

In his TV spot, Doocy called the Times report, written by Steinberg, a "hit piece" ordered up by Reddicliffe. The pair then made reference to Reddicliffe's tenure as editor of TV Guide owned by Fox News' parent company, News Corporation, which ended in 2002. Reddicliffe was hired by the Times in 2004.

The anchors cited a brief item from the Web site of Radar magazine, quoting a blog called FTVLive, which stated that Reddicliffe "is still bitter about losing his gig at ... TV Guide" and "sends his attack dog Jacques Steinberg out -- that fellow right there, the writer for The New York Times -- to do these hit pieces. So, he essentially is his attack dog. His -- his poodle, if you will."

The broadcast than showed an image of Steinberg's face superimposed over a picture of a poodle, while Reddicliffe's face was superimposed over the man holding the poodle's leash.

As of this afternoon, neither Fox News or News Corp. had made a public statement on the matter.

[url]http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003823885[/url]

For some who despise Fox News why are you watching it? DAH!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2612898]For some who despise Fox News why are you watching it? DAH![/QUOTE]

I'm not... I only read about it...

For the record, I don't watch CNN or MSNBC either

All League
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2612898]For some who despise Fox News why are you watching it? DAH![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/crazyeffinjetsfan/nail.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    This sort of media manipulation is why I don't watch Fox and Friends.

Me, I'm a fan of NBC's Today Show.

Their producers are upstanding and would never stoop so low as to present a story in such a dishonest light.

[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64qvkVtXd0[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;2612918]This sort of media manipulation is why I don't watch Fox and Friends.

Me, I'm a fan of NBC's Today Show.

Their producers are upstanding and would never stoop so low as to present a story in such a dishonest light.

[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64qvkVtXd0[/IMG][/QUOTE]

yes, that is certainly equally as malicious as the Faux "News" doctoring of photos

The hysteria over Fox News cracks me up. It's as if you guys think "you're on to them", like you've uncovered some great conspiracy by exposing their bias. When, in reality, their bias is blatantly obvious for anyone to see. At least they don't try to hide what they are.

All news networks are a business. If your "news" has a conservative slant -- there's a market for that. If your "news" as a liberal slant -- there's a market for that.

Seriously, I don't know what's worse: photoshopping a couple of photos (a piss-poor job, at that) or creating a fake memo in an effort to embarrass and/or discredit the president. Or, how about this one, attaching ignighters to the gas tanks of GM pickups to show how easily they burst into flames when they crash.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2613027]The hysteria over Fox News cracks me up. It's as if you guys think "you're on to them", like you've uncovered some great conspiracy by exposing their bias. When, in reality, their bias is blatantly obvious for anyone to see. At least they don't try to hide what they are.

All news networks are a business. If your "news" has a conservative slant -- there's a market for that. If your "news" as a liberal slant -- there's a market for that.

Seriously, I don't know what's worse: photoshopping a couple of photos (a piss-poor job, at that) or creating a fake memo in an effort to embarrass and/or discredit the president. Or, how about this one, attaching ignighters to the gas tanks of GM pickups to show how easily they burst into flames when they crash.[/QUOTE]

Fox doesn't try to hide what they are? Ever heard their slogan? "Fair and Balanced"

Yeah, they really go overboard to promote their bias. :rolleyes: