Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Abuse....Racially Motivated?

Animal Abuse....Racially Motivated?

[QUOTE]Phoenix police are investigating a startling animal-cruelty case in which a 6-month-old Chihuahua was found cut in half.

The distraught Medina family had to remove photos of their dog "Taco" from the walls of their Phoenix home after the dog's owner, Humberto Medina, made the gruesome discovery.

Medina said the photos are too painful to look at because his last memory of Taco was of the pet torn in two pieces in their backyard.

[B][U]Medina believes the crime was racially motivated.[/U][/B]

"I don't understand why they did (this)," Humberto Medina told MyFOXPhoenix.com. "He was just a little dog. He cannot hurt anybody."

Detective Stacie Derge said the Phoenix Police Department does not have any suspects for the crime.

She did not have further details to release.

Anyone with information is asked to call 602-262-6151 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS[/QUOTE]

As an animal lover, I am utterly and unquestionable appalled.

But right off the bat, the horrible attack on the dog is declared "racially motivated"?

Does that card ever NOT get played anymore?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2617600]As an animal lover, I am utterly and unquestionable appalled.

But right off the bat, the horrible attack on the dog is declared "racially motivated"?

Does that card ever NOT get played anymore?[/QUOTE]

I'm confused- what race was the dog?

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2617604]I'm confused- what race was the dog?[/QUOTE]
    Tex-Mex.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2617600]As an animal lover, I am utterly and unquestionable appalled.

Does that card ever NOT get played anymore?[/QUOTE]she doesn't say it was racially motivated.

Hall Of Fame
    Scream racism and get the media coverage of your story you desire.

Don't scream racism and this just goes down as your normal, everyday, run-of-the-mill Chihuahua splitting.

i'm not real hungry today, so just give me half a taco with my nacho's

This story sounds a little suspect to me.

For all we know, this guy accidently ran over his rat-like pooch with the lawn mower. Very possible.

All League
    What kind of sicko cuts a dog in half.

All League

In Phoenix it doesn't surprise me....

Phoenix has more heated racial tension than any other large city in our country (Phoenix is 4th in population now....But if you were stretch New York's city limit as wide as Phoenix it would be bordering Philly). The border issues have really had an effect on that town in recent years.

Not saying that the claims are justified...Just that I wouldn't be surprised.

Nope, even toddlers can be guilty:

[QUOTE]LONDON, July 7 (UPI) -- Toddlers who say "yuck" when given flavorful foreign food may be exhibiting racist behavior, a British government-sponsored organization says.

The London-based National Children's Bureau released a 366-page guide counseling adults on recognizing racist behavior in young children, The Telegraph reported Monday.

The guide, titled Young Children and Racial Justice, warns adults that babies must also be included in the effort to eliminate racism because they have the ability to "recognize different people in their lives."

The bureau says to be aware of children who "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuck'."

"Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships," the guide says.

Staff members are advised not to ignore racist actions and to condemn them when they occur.[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=upiUPI-20080707-122008-1071&show_article=1]source[/url]

[QUOTE]LONDON, July 7 (UPI) -- Toddlers who say "yuck" when given flavorful foreign food may be exhibiting racist behavior, a British government-sponsored organization says.

The London-based National Children's Bureau released a 366-page guide counseling adults on recognizing racist behavior in young children, The Telegraph reported Monday.

The guide, titled Young Children and Racial Justice, warns adults that babies must also be included in the effort to eliminate racism because they have the ability to "recognize different people in their lives."

The bureau says to be aware of children who "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuck'."

"Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships," the guide says.

Staff members are advised not to ignore racist actions and to condemn them when they occur. [/QUOTE]

Ho........leeee......sheeet.:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TerryBadway;2617843]In Phoenix it doesn't surprise me....

Phoenix has more heated racial tension than any other large city in our country (Phoenix is 4th in population now....But if you were stretch New York's city limit as wide as Phoenix it would be bordering Philly). The border issues have really had an effect on that town in recent years.

Not saying that the claims are justified...Just that I wouldn't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

although this post was made to point out how silly the race card is and how ignorant people are to pull it out of their back pockets all the time, you have made a great point and to take it a step further I would imagine that there was information left out of this article that would support that claim of racial motivation behind this crime

again, this is just a thought but my first reaction is that the victim believes that the crime was perpetrated against his family because of racially motivated issues due to his nationality not that of the dog itself. i think this is clear but the article doesn't express it well. Its also a good opportunity for some with agendas to laugh it off and then disclaim other claims of racial issues and then laugh them off as well.

Certainly i could be wrong but I don't think there is a rational person on earth that would claim that the crime was directed at the dog rather than the dog's owner.

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2618352]I would imagine that there was information left out of this article that would support that claim of racial motivation behind this crime[/QUOTE]

Then shame on the media for this half-asses unsupported article then. If you're going to include the "racially motivated" claim, you (the media) have some responsabillity to include backup for that claim.

Warfish what you are missing is that the media didn't report this was racially motivated - the media reported that the VICTIM believes it may have been racially motivated.

That's not the same as the paper making the claim, all they are reporting is a paraphrase from the victim, that's news.

Last time I checked mr medina had the right to free speech. if he said it was a possible alien attack from outer space that might have been newsworthy too, whether it was accurate or not is beside the point.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2618513]Warfish what you are missing is that the media didn't report this was racially motivated - the media reported that the VICTIM believes it may have been racially motivated.

That's not the same as the paper making the claim, all they are reporting is a paraphrase from the victim, that's news.

Last time I checked mr medina had the right to free speech. if he said it was a possible alien attack from outer space that might have been newsworthy too, whether it was accurate or not is beside the point.[/QUOTE]

FFS Bit, responsible journalism should mandate that to PUBLISH Mr. Medina's free speech (and he is indeed free to say whatever he likes), there should at least be SOME legitimate evidence to back it up.

I guess some folks like the race card being played in every hand, since it's so useful as a political tool. I can only await the cries of "Thats Racist!" for even questioning Mr. Medina.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2618537]FFS Bit, responsible journalism should mandate that to PUBLISH Mr. Medina's free speech (and he is indeed free to say whatever he likes), there should at least be SOME legitimate evidence to back it up.

I guess some folks like the race card being played in every hand, since it's so useful as a political tool. I can only await the cries of "Thats Racist!" for even questioning Mr. Medina.[/QUOTE]

A man found his dog ripped in half and is looking for someone (anyone) to blame. Why is that a political tool?

I'm the only one a little dubious about this story?

If you really dislike Hispanic people, Phoenix is probably not a good place to live. If there is a sudden outbreak of Chihuahua slayings, I'll be inclined to believe this story.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2618570]A man found his dog ripped in half and is looking for someone (anyone) to blame. Why is that a political tool?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't saying HE was using it as a Political Tool Bit. I'm saying people who support race-based social warfare (the Jessie Jacksons of our world) use it as such.

The people, like this guy, have all simply been brainwashed to think ANY assault upon a minority MUST be inherantly "racially motivated".

Whatever Bit, you know exactly what I am talking about, if you want to play coy do it with someone else. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;2618592]
    Whatever Bit, you know exactly what I am talking about, if you want to play coy do it with someone else. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Walter Sobchak: Those rich f--s! This whole f--king thing... I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this f--king strumpet...

The Dude: I don't see any connection to Vietnam, Walter.

Walter Sobchak: Well, there isn't a literal connection, Dude.

The Dude: Walter, face it, there isn't any connection.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2618502]Then shame on the media for this half-asses unsupported article then. If you're going to include the "racially motivated" claim, you (the media) have some responsabillity to include backup for that claim.[/QUOTE]

who knows though, the man may just be a loon or paranoid, but my commonsense tells me he is the target of the racism not his breed of dog.....

look at it this way, if they had clarified then the article would have never made it here so by poor writing it brought some attention to the article, that seems to be the goal and motivation of mass media today, no?