Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: more stupidity from the cardboard messiah

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

more stupidity from the cardboard messiah

" all WE"S can SAYS' is merci beaucoup" B.O. telling an audience of idiots we (americans) should learn to speak native languages of other country's. Learn to speak english first Barack

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;2620678]" all WE"S can SAYS' is merci beaucoup" B.O. telling an audience of idiots we (americans) should learn to speak native languages of other country's. Learn to speak english first Barack[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Obama has a real hard time speaking. It's not like he's universally ackowledged as the best orator in American politics since (at least) Reagan or anything.

Please, Bush supporter, tell us more about Obama's struggle with the English language. Because your guy left big shoes to fill on that front.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    What?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk&eurl[/url]

Osama Bin Hussein... Change We Can't keep Up With.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2620701]Yeah, Obama has a real hard time speaking. It's not like he's universally ackowledged as the best orator in American politics since (at least) Reagan or anything.

QUOTE]

Obama is an excellent teleprompter reader.

If you believe the use of uhhhhhhhhhh in every sentence is a prerequisite for a great orator then he definitely qualifies.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attacking the eloquence of Barack Obama when your candidate is John McCain and you support GW Bush requires a suspension of disbelief that is really quite something.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

this is the latest attack?

That Obama recommends learning a second language or that he had a syntax error?

man, you are right, how could I have been so blind to the evil that is Obama....:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2620701]Yeah, Obama has a real hard time speaking. It's not like he's universally ackowledged as the best orator in American politics since (at least) Reagan or anything.

Please, Bush supporter, tell us more about Obama's struggle with the English language. Because your guy left big shoes to fill on that front.[/QUOTE]

First I'm no fan of Bush nor am I fond of Mccain. But,You have to admit this dude is a dim-wit ,It's one gaff or retraction after another(and the general election or debates haven't even started). To paraphrase the dem's 8 years ago Bush (clinton) isn't running

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2620728]Attacking the eloquence of Barack Obama when your candidate is John McCain and you support GW Bush requires a suspension of disbelief that is really quite something.[/QUOTE]

If this is in reference to me you are wrong on all three counts.

That was no attack it is a fact. He is not an eloquent speaker he is an excellent teleprompter reader.
    Who said my candidate is McCain and who said I support Bush?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2620753]That was no attack it is a fact. He is not an eloquent speaker he is an excellent teleprompter reader.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong. He is quite good on the stump. Go back and watch some of his debates.

And besides, since when does public speaking not require reading a teleprompter or some other form of text?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2620718]

Obama is an excellent teleprompter reader.

If you believe the use of uhhhhhhhhhh in every sentence is a prerequisite for a great orator then he definitely qualifies.[/QUOTE]

+1

His speech pattern gets really annoying after a while, just the way he stretches out some words to fill pauses, and uses uhhhh on top of that. It bothers me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2620771]You are wrong. He is quite good on the stump. Go back and watch some of his debates.

And besides, since when does public speaking not require reading a TelePrompter or some other form of text?[/QUOTE]

His speech pattern is annoying.

Whether he is good on the stump and whether public speaking may require Teleprompter reading, those two things don't come close to qualifying him as a great orator
    Last edited by chicadeel; 07-09-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is little question that he's a very good public speaker. It is a skill he possesses, no doubt.

The content of his speech, well, that's another matter....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2620753]If this is in reference to me you are wrong on all three counts.

That was no attack it is a fact. He is not an eloquent speaker he is an excellent teleprompter reader.
    Who said my candidate is McCain and who said I support Bush?

Um, no. He's a terrific speaker with or without a prompter. He often speaks without a prompter.

Does he mangle a sentence from time to time? Sure, who doesn't? But the act is he is a much better speaker without a prompter than McCain, Bush, Kerry, Gore, or any other national pol of recent vintage will ever be, with the exception of Bill Clinton, who was kinda dull at a lecturn but really good in informal settings.

Some people don't like his pacing, or the occasional use of "uh" or whatever. All speakers have those ticks. McCain's is that he ends every other sentence with "my friends." Bush's is that he doesn't use sentences.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2620813]I think there is little question that he's a very good public speaker. It is a skill he possesses, no doubt.

The content of his speech, well, that's another matter....[/QUOTE]

This is a strictly superficial thread.

We can --and have, and will continue to-- argue about policy elsewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A left winger embarrassed of his country? :eek:

Nothing new here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nuu,
    I'm just going to have to agree to disagree. His speech pattern is annoying to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2620832]Nuu,
    I'm just going to have to agree to disagree. His speech pattern is annoying to me.[/QUOTE]

He can be both a good speaker and annoying to you.

Those are not mutually exclusive by any means.

I, for instance, can't stand listening to Mitt Romney talk. The "aw shucks/mean Ward Cleaver" thing drives me nuts. But there's no denying the guy is articulate. Even if he is a douche.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2620832]Nuu,
    I'm just going to have to agree to disagree. His speech pattern is annoying to me.[/QUOTE]

I concur.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;2620678]" all WE"S can SAYS' is merci beaucoup" B.O. telling an audience of idiots we (americans) should learn to speak native languages of other country's. Learn to speak english first Barack[/QUOTE]

Also, worth noting only because you are telling someone else to learn English:

The plural of "country" is "countries," not "country's."