View Poll Results: McCain will go into Iran if elected? Y/N?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's dying to be a wartime president for the books

7 36.84%
  • No, unless Israel asks him for help

10 52.63%
  • Obama will go into Iran. Heck, Nader would lead the charge if he could

2 10.53%

Thread: McCain will go into Iran if elected? Y/N?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

McCain will go into Iran if elected? Y/N?

Just thought I'd do a 'lil poll based on what was being dicussed tonight on cable...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the man actually said "there's going to be more wars"...

i'd say that's an excellent indication... considering he's Bush Lite, and is in bed with corporate agenda and Big Oil's designs on the region, I have little doubt the zombie would carry through on Cheney and PNAC's grand plan. There's a reason Rove is helping his campaign directly now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For us to get involved in Iran, there would have to be a draft. We just don't have enough personnel in our military at this time.

Secondly, and this is not a put down on our military in Iraq and Afghanistan because they have performed admirably. But, since WWI where we have lost at least 20,000 of our military (WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam), there has been a democrat sitting in the White House and asked congress to begin a draft.

And here's a little tidbit for you guys that have been brainwashed by the main stream media...

[B]Despite the common myth, most of those who died in combat in Vietnam were not draftees. They were mostly volunteers. Another myth about draftees being poor and uneducated is also false. Most had at least a high school diploma and most did not come from poor inner-city neighborhoods. Of the 58,000 Americans killed in combat, 30% came from the lower third in income. But 26% came from families in the upper third in income. [/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iran is either going to buckle from world wide pressure on Nukes are there will be a war regardless of who is the President.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt that the U.S. will engage in a full scale conflict with Iran. The first reason is that Ahmadinejad is too smart to let this happen, for an all out war between Iran and the U.S. would spell the end for his regime. The second reason is the fact that putting troops on the ground is not needed in this situation, if we attack it will be to destroy their nuclear facilities, which would be done most likely from the skies. There is no reason to invade and take over Iran.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Carthage;2621875]if we attack it will be to destroy their nuclear facilities, which would be done most likely from the skies. There is no reason to invade and take over Iran.[/QUOTE]

I basically agree, but...

1) Our worldwide image will be what if we attack Iran? Whether its by air or an all-out, our image will be damaged for at least the next 100 years if the next president behaves in any way like his predecessor - no? The next president must make Bush look like an abberation.

2) Take over? More like purposeful colonizing until the oil runs out. It will guarantee a steady supply of oil from Iraq, Iran, etc. for the next 30 years, while Russia is monopolizing their oil industry and using it as a politcal weapon against most of Europe? Thus, OPEC basically ceases to exist and oil prices are dropped 33% across the board for all western countries overnight.

I'm just throwing out some "crazy" ideas here.

Even though we do need to get off oil and address worldwide food and temperature problems very soon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets have a poll....

Obama will sink all of our tax money into the hood and all of us middle class folks will be in the hood....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2622082]I basically agree, but...

1) Our worldwide image will be what if we attack Iran? Whether its by air or an all-out, our image will be damaged for at least the next 100 years if the next president behaves in any way like his predecessor - no? The next president must make Bush look like an abberation.

2) Take over? More like purposeful colonizing until the oil runs out. It will guarantee a steady supply of oil from Iraq, Iran, etc. for the next 30 years, while Russia is monopolizing their oil industry and using it as a politcal weapon against most of Europe? Thus, OPEC basically ceases to exist and oil prices are dropped 33% across the board for all western countries overnight.

I'm just throwing out some "crazy" ideas here.

Even though we do need to get off oil and address worldwide food and temperature problems very soon.[/QUOTE]

These "crazy" ideas are pretty good, I agree with them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets hope so, then Sudan,Pakistan and pray to Allah....Saudi Arabia......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2621588]the man actually said "there's going to be more wars"...

i'd say that's an excellent indication... considering he's Bush Lite, and is in bed with corporate agenda and Big Oil's designs on the region, I have little doubt the zombie would carry through on Cheney and PNAC's grand plan. There's a reason Rove is helping his campaign directly now.[/QUOTE]

Cluless Post:eek:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCain and the neocons have been itching to invade Iran from the start. The only reason we haven't invaded Iran and Venezuela yet is because politically the republicans would have a backlash that is far worse tha the one they're experiencing now.

After McCain gets elected I'm willing to bet money sometime during his term we go into Iran - and it will be a f_ckin disaster.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 07-11-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2622950]Cluless Post:eek:
    [/QUOTE]

The irony here is not lost on anyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2622082]I basically agree, but...

1) Our worldwide image will be what if we attack Iran? [/quote]

Who cares?

[quote]

Even though we do need to get off oil and address worldwide food and temperature problems very soon.[/QUOTE]

We will never get off oil...what alternative fuel can possibly replace the mammoth amount of oil we use? Brazil's ethanol is touted as an example of what we could do, but we already produce more ethanol than Brazil does and it costs more to use b/c it costs us twice as much to make b/c Brazil has the climate to grow sugar cane and cheap labor.

I get my electricity from an electric cooperative that from '84-'04 actually had declining rates but the last three years they have started to rise quite fast, why? B/c of the black-balling of coal-powered power plants forcing our cooperative to use more natural gas for fuel. Coal as a fuel costs about $2/million Btu while NG costs about $11/MMBtu!

We have 250 years of coal supply and emissions from plants have been lowered dramatically in recent years. They burn more cleanly and efficiently than ever while producing the lowest cost electricity.

But thanks to the looney-left-loons we'll have to continue pay more for electricity...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2622950]Cluless Post:eek:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/url][/QUOTE]

I actually believed that video had a chance of being something relevant like McCain's quote or something. What was I thinking?