Thread: Dem congress does wonders for gas prices

Dem congress does wonders for gas prices

[img]http://michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/pelosi-gas-chart-small1.png[/img]

All League
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2623802][img]http://michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/pelosi-gas-chart-small1.png[/img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4446/icantseewu3ve4.jpg[/IMG]

that republican congress did wonders for 6 years didn't they?

I hate when you can't hotlink an image.

Oh well, I guess this was a FAIL
    [img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5155/untitledod4.png[/img]

Banned
    [QUOTE=gscott;2623869]that republican congress did wonders for 6 years didn't they?[/QUOTE]

Or how about that President for the past 8 years who happens to be in the pocket of the oil industry.

Wasn't gas like 99 cents a gallon up until the last couple years Clinton was president?

If you are suggesting the consumer got screwed under Bush, you are right. I also assume you are s uggesting "good riddance" - at least in part over his inept handling of the energy crisis.

Use the same logic for Congress.

Both branches are beholden to the present eneregy influences and refuse to do the right thing by the American people, the voters, and react now with a sharp eye toward some proactive measures and let's get something done.

If you/we applied the same standard on the Congress that we have on Bush, we should vote every last one of them out of office. Only then would they have to, at least in part, listen to We the People.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2623979]Or how about that President for the past 8 years who happens to be in the pocket of the oil industry.

Wasn't gas like 99 cents a gallon up until the last couple years Clinton was president?[/QUOTE]

This the funniest post I've red. You really think Clinton had something to do with gas prices? My God, and the sad part is you get to vote.

Oil prices have gone up because countries like India & China are consuming a much larger amount now then they ever have.

The tragic part is that we have an abundance of oil that we do not even drill for because that oil is located off shore. This is due to the fact that the democrats in congress are in the pocket of the environmental special interest groups. Imagine the arrogance of this country, we criticize OPEC for not pumping for more oil, yet we have an abundance right off our shore that we don't drill for.

Also thanks to environmental radicals, we also are not allowed to build nuclear power plants, or utilize coal which can now be burned in a cleaner fashion due to technological advances.

If our hands weren't tied, energy prices would drop like a rock.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2624013]This the funniest post I've red. You really think Clinton had something to do with gas prices? My God, and the sad part is you get to vote.

Oil prices have gone up because countries like India & China are consuming a much larger amount now then they ever have.

The tragic part is that we have an abundance of oil that we do not even drill for because that oil is located off shore. This is due to the fact that the democrats in congress are in the pocket of the environmental special interest groups. Imagine the arrogance of this country, we criticize OPEC for not pumping for more oil, yet we have an abundance right off our shore that we don't drill for.

Also thanks to environmental radicals, we also are not allowed to build nuclear power plants, or utilize coal which can now be burned in a cleaner fashion due to technological advances.

If our hands weren't tied, energy prices would drop like a rock.[/QUOTE]

Uh No, if we stopped our insane reliance on oil energy prices would drop. We could produce an abundance of ethanol E-85 in this country but the same oil companies which put Bush Jr. are rock solid against E-85 being pushed because it's cheaper than gasoline and diesel and they'd have to install pumps in their stations. Who's seriously going to pay $4.50 for a gallon of gas when a gallon of E-85 costs $3.00? I'm sure the board of directors care more about you and me saving money then increasing their huge profit margin.

I guess China and India only started using gasoline after 2001 according to your logic. Hundreds of millions of people were driving in those countries before Bush Jr. became president and using gasoline but thanks for using the same line all the oil company execs and PR firms are using.

We could drill everywhere for oil but, we could drill the entire country, it wouldn't affect gas prices probably for another 20 years and by then there'd be another excuse to raise the price of gas. We opened up ANWAR for drilling a few years ago and that did nothing to lower gas prices - gas prices have only exploded since then.

I actually agree with McCain that we need more nuclear power plants, I doubt he'll actually go through with his promise to build more nuke plants but I do agree with him in principle. The main obstacle to building nuclear power plants has been cost, not environmental activists as right-wing radio and the corporate media have instructed you. It costs a ton of money to build nuclear power plants and initiatives such as when Suffolk County tried to build their own nuke plant failed simply because they didn't have enough $ to do it even if they bonded out.

And yes, the dying dollar has a lot to do with the extremely high gas prices.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 07-11-2008 at 06:57 PM.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2624013]This the funniest post I've red. You really think Clinton had something to do with gas prices? My God, and the sad part is you get to vote.

If our hands weren't tied, energy prices would drop like a rock.[/QUOTE]

You are leaving out one other element - an element that is really disturbing. I confess to not knowing muych abuo this, but I listented to those who supposedly do. They said tha the demand from China and India brought the price to 475 or 80 a barrell, but our own (American) futures traders are the ones articially escalating the price as high as it currently is.