Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Mike Pelfrey man love thread....no homo

  1. #1

    Mike Pelfrey man love thread....no homo

    :d

  2. #2
    His brutal 2007 and rocky start to 08 make his coming out party that much better...no homo.


    But really if he stays at anywhere near this level of pitching and Pedro can pitch moderately well than the Mets have a pretty good argument for the best rotation in baseball.

    Oh and Perez needs to not be crazy...so a lot of "ifs" but still.

    Future is looking bright.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    His brutal 2007 and rocky start to 08 make his coming out party that much better...no homo.


    But really if he stays at anywhere near this level of pitching and Pedro can pitch moderately well than the Mets have a pretty good argument for the best rotation in baseball.

    Oh and Perez needs to not be crazy...so a lot of "ifs" but still.

    Future is looking bright.
    i think its crazy to judge him on this stretch....he has been as good as anyone, but in general he seems to be primed to be at least a number 2/3 starter as soon as next year. Another thing is this allows us to potentialy let Perez walk if Boras goes nuts with the years and the dollars.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    Ive been very impressed on Pelfrey threw his last 8 starts or so. He s starting to show his true potentional and we r now looking at a very bright future with this rotation of Johan Maine and Pelf and that gives us a lot of flexablity if Perez is going to go nuts with the $$$$ this offseason

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Another thing is this allows us to potentialy let Perez walk when Boras goes nuts with the years and the dollars.
    Fixed it for you.


    And yeah I understand you can not judge Pelf just yet, but the confidence boost alone has made him a much better pitcher. Hes building on his success start after start and hopefully turning into that stud we all thought he would be

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Fixed it for you.


    And yeah I understand you can not judge Pelf just yet, but the confidence boost alone has made him a much better pitcher. Hes building on his success start after start and hopefully turning into that stud we all thought he would be
    we did?

    when was the last time the mets drafted a stud pitcher high in the first round and he actualy worked out? gooden?

  7. #7
    I see some of the fair weather fans have showed up in recent days.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    we did?

    when was the last time the mets drafted a stud pitcher high in the first round and he actualy worked out? gooden?
    Ehh Im an optimist, only reason I can be a Jets and Mets fan without killing myself.

  9. #9
    I was in Vermont all weekend with a few of my buddies, two of them are Mets fans, they are really staring to get pumped for the Mets, but I just told them all to relax, you know they will break your heart, and they both gave me that... yeah we know look.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I see some of the fair weather fans have showed up in recent days.
    Aren't you like 20ish? Have you ever even seen your team miss the playoffs?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Aren't you like 20ish? Have you ever even seen your team miss the playoffs?
    1. No, and how is that my fault?

    2. The Yankees have had some tough tough tough loses (2001, 2004) even though we have made it to the post season each year.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I was in Vermont all weekend with a few of my buddies, two of them are Mets fans, they are really staring to get pumped for the Mets, but I just told them all to relax, you know they will break your heart, and they both gave me that... yeah we know look.
    Thanks Debbie Downer.




    Please go hijack a different thread.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Nope, and how is that my fault?
    I don't think you really have the right to call people fair weather fans when it is fair to say you really haven't been close to tested as a fan.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Mets fans have never faced defeat like 2001 or 2004
    Umm what???

    I really do not want to have this argument cause its depressing but 2006 and uhhhh yeah 2007 weren't exactly a walk in the park.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Umm what???

    I really do not want to have this argument cause its depressing but 2006 and uhhhh yeah 2007 weren't exactly a walk in the park.
    I don't want to have this argument either, don't want to take away from the Mets play of late, enjoy it Tony..

  16. #16
    How about we get back on topic here, PELFREY has had an AMAZING RUN and his ERA and win total are starting to look like a certain young lefty "ace" over in Philly.

    Watch out now.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Never doubted him for a moment.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Mets fans have never tasted defeat like 2001 or 2004
    Those series have been tough on a fan, no doubt.

    But as a Mets fan in September 2007 we went through that "series" the whole month pretty much.

    4 losses hurts, especially with the situation the Yanks were in. But a whole month is just brutal, too.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Those series have been tough on a fan, no doubt.

    But as a Mets fan in September 2007 we went through that "series" the whole month pretty much.

    4 losses hurts, especially with the situation the Yanks were in. But a whole month is just brutal, too.
    I'll give you that.. stupid post on my part

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Mets fans have never tasted defeat like 2001 or 2004
    1988 (even though I personally am not old enough to remember) and 2006 are pretty rough. Being a big time favorite and probably the better team both times and not winning isn't fun.


    On a side note looking back at the 1988 NLCS can someone please tell me why the Dodgers had home field advantage? Did they alternate then because the Mets had the better regular season record?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us