Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Transfers Thread

Veteran

2008 Transfers Thread

rather than starting a thread for every rumor/transfer I thought a thread where we can share info, rumors and such might be useful.

The Turkish Press is reporting Hakan Sukur has agreed to join Toronto FC for 4 Mio $ per year.

Hakan is a Galatasaray Legend in every sense of the word and probably the greatest Turkish Player who ever played the game but he's 38 years old. He is a model professional though and is in better shape than some 30 year olds I guess it was worth a gamble.

All the best to him, and you'll probably start seeing a lot of red-yellow clad Turkish flag waving fans in Toronto matches from now on.

Veteran
    Juve have signed Poulsen from Sevilla

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/7650807

I'm new to the whole international club soccer movement. But seems like this is gonna be a huge summer in terms of moves..

Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Ronaldinho to Barclays premiere league

Robinho rumors

Deco rumors

Anyone know what Chelsea is up to this offseason?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SantanaMoss83 View Post
    I'm new to the whole international club soccer movement. But seems like this is gonna be a huge summer in terms of moves..

Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Ronaldinho to Barclays premiere league

Robinho rumors

Deco rumors

Anyone know what Chelsea is up to this offseason?
    They got Deco already; will do wonders in England.

Sheva and Drogba could leave. Mariselle fans are trying to raise funds to bring back Diving Drogs.

Rumor was Chelski made a bid for Kaka but that was quickly denied.

Veteran
    Ronaldinho = Rossoneri

http://www.acmilan.com/

Veteran
    I still do not believe this will happen but the news of Eto'o to some team from Özbekistan is getting stronger. He actually went there yesterday and will reportedly sign a contract for 40 millon € per year

If this goes thru it will be the strangest transfer ever in any sport...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I still do not believe this will happen but the news of Eto'o to some team from Özbekistan is getting stronger. He actually went there yesterday and will reportedly sign a contract for 40 millon € per year

If this goes thru it will be the strangest transfer ever in any sport...

Wow. If he goes there he'll go down as the worst mercenary ever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Giuly to Paris for 3 years

We're apparently also trying to bring in Makelele. Unless he takes a huge pay cut I don't see how we'll ofer something similar to Chelsea. Apparently it would be to play then assistant manager type position a few years down the road. I would pee myself if he came here.

I'm actually feelin good about a transfer for the first time in years.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

Wow. If he goes there he'll go down as the worst mercenary ever.
    Make benefit for glorious country of Uzbekistan - home of best prostitutes east of Kajikastan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Make benefit for glorious country of Uzbekistan - home of best prostitutes east of Kajikastan.
    LOL

Niiiice

Raoul: comments?

Liverpool FC in for French teenager David Ngog

Jul 21 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are set to sign teenage French forward David Ngog from Paris Saint Germain in a proposed £1.5m deal.

Rafa Benitez is ready to make the 19-year-old his fourth signing of the summer, coming hot on the heels of the acquisitions of Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena and Diego Cavalieri, as he re-shapes his squad for the coming season.

A fee has been agreed with PSG who have accepted defeat in their battle to keep the player as he enters the final year of his contract and terms have also been agreed with Ngog.

The cousin of former Newcastle United defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, Ngog has developed a reputation as one of the most promising young strikers in French football and despite only scoring a single goal for PSG last season he did enough to impress Liverpool’s scouts who had no hesitation in recommending him to Benitez.

Born in the Parisian suburb of Gennevilliers, Ngog has come through the ranks at PSG and made his debut last season.

Should the proposed deal go through later this week as expected Ngog will join up with his new team-mates after they have returned to Melwood from their Swiss training camp on Wednesday.

Liverpool also snapped up teenagers Vincent Lucas Weijl and Nikola Saric recently but while they will go into Gary Ablett’s reserve squad, Ngog has been earmarked for the first team.

Benitez is looking for more pace, movement and variety from his side in attack in the forthcoming season and the impending capture of Ngog fits into that strategy.

The move for the striker has no bearing on Liverpool’s bid to sign Robbie Keane and though the move for the Irishman is taking longer to be completed than first expected, senior Anfield figures remain confident a deal will be struck this week.

The transfer market is expected to hot up in the coming days and Liverpool will be busier than most with at least two potential signings in the pipeline and a number of Reds players up for grabs.

Jermaine Pennant has reiterated his desire to remain at Anfield but should Liverpool receive an offer which matches Benitez’s valuation he will be sold.

Similarly, Andriy Voronin continues to attract interest from German clubs and the Ukrainian’s Liverpool career looks to be drawing to a close despite getting his name on the scoresheet for the second game running in the 1-1 draw with Wisla Krakow.

Steven Gerrard and Degen missed that fixture as both are suffering from minor groin injuries. Degen should recover in time for tomorrow’s meeting with Hertha Berlin but Gerrard will again miss out.

Veteran

I think he may be busy changing his pants...

L'equipe: Comme convenu, Claude Makelele s'est officiellement engagé ce lundi avec le Paris-SG.

(PSG has officially signed Makalele on monday)

We're apparently also trying to bring in Makelele. I would pee myself if he came here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I think he may be busy changing his pants...

(PSG has officially signed Makalele on monday)

This is awesome news. This is different from the past years where we were getting JAG's who were supposed to be future budding stars and never handled the pressure.

Giuly and Makelele: 2 proven international players who'll bring some cruelly needed leadership. We still need a defender and a striker. Thuram won't be coming it's almost certain.

CL here we come.........(cough)

Jets Insider VIP

Liverpool FC in for French teenager David Ngog

Jul 21 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are set to sign teenage French forward David Ngog from Paris Saint Germain in a proposed £1.5m deal.

Rafa Benitez is ready to make the 19-year-old his fourth signing of the summer, coming hot on the heels of the acquisitions of Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena and Diego Cavalieri, as he re-shapes his squad for the coming season.

A fee has been agreed with PSG who have accepted defeat in their battle to keep the player as he enters the final year of his contract and terms have also been agreed with Ngog.

The cousin of former Newcastle United defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, Ngog has developed a reputation as one of the most promising young strikers in French football and despite only scoring a single goal for PSG last season he did enough to impress Liverpool’s scouts who had no hesitation in recommending him to Benitez.

Born in the Parisian suburb of Gennevilliers, Ngog has come through the ranks at PSG and made his debut last season.

Should the proposed deal go through later this week as expected Ngog will join up with his new team-mates after they have returned to Melwood from their Swiss training camp on Wednesday.

Liverpool also snapped up teenagers Vincent Lucas Weijl and Nikola Saric recently but while they will go into Gary Ablett’s reserve squad, Ngog has been earmarked for the first team.

Benitez is looking for more pace, movement and variety from his side in attack in the forthcoming season and the impending capture of Ngog fits into that strategy.

The move for the striker has no bearing on Liverpool’s bid to sign Robbie Keane and though the move for the Irishman is taking longer to be completed than first expected, senior Anfield figures remain confident a deal will be struck this week.

The transfer market is expected to hot up in the coming days and Liverpool will be busier than most with at least two potential signings in the pipeline and a number of Reds players up for grabs.

Jermaine Pennant has reiterated his desire to remain at Anfield but should Liverpool receive an offer which matches Benitez’s valuation he will be sold.

Similarly, Andriy Voronin continues to attract interest from German clubs and the Ukrainian’s Liverpool career looks to be drawing to a close despite getting his name on the scoresheet for the second game running in the 1-1 draw with Wisla Krakow.

Steven Gerrard and Degen missed that fixture as both are suffering from minor groin injuries. Degen should recover in time for tomorrow’s meeting with Hertha Berlin but Gerrard will again miss out.

Since Le Guen took over, and since we were sucking ass, Le Guen threw some youngsters into the fire that came through the training program. N’Gog was one of them. He was even preferred at times to Pauleta the undisputed starter.

I’ll admit he showed promise which probably says a lot considering how fragile we were last year. Don’t let the “one goal scored” thing scare you. Keep in mind that scouts noticed him on a team that finished 17th and was horrid all season. Very fast and agile. Will probably try to hard at times and needs to mature. I’m actually pissed we’re selling him.

This being said, there’s a huge gap between us and L’pool, and between Ligue 1 and Premiership. He could be a project. Buy him cheap, see what he’s got and could turn into a contributor and/or starter later on. For the moment I don’t see him cutting it as a starter or bench. JMO

This is awesome news. This is different from the past years where we were getting JAG's who were supposed to be future budding stars and never handled the pressure.

Giuly and Makelele: 2 proven international players who'll bring some cruelly needed leadership. We still need a defender and a striker. Thuram won't be coming it's almost certain.

CL here we come.........(cough)
    Two great players. I always enjoyed watching Giuly.

I can't wait to see Ronaldhino lined up in front of Kaka.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Two great players. I always enjoyed watching Giuly.

I can't wait to see Ronaldhino lined up in front of Kaka.
    I'm very interested to see how Ronnie turns out...

His last season was a disgrace considering the talent he has.

I'm very interested to see how Ronnie turns out...

His last season was a disgrace considering the talent he has.
    Much like the other big name Brazilian that Milan picked up and was a total bust, Ronaldhino put on a ton of weight last year. I think that was his biggest problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Much like the other big name Brazilian that Milan picked up and was a total bust, Ronaldhino put on a ton of weight last year. I think that was his biggest problem.
    Ton of weight because he partied like a teenager.

Lock him up at Milanello, and don't let him come out till he's sober and cleaned up.