Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Transfers Thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems Inter wants to counter Milan's Ronaldinho move with Quaresma...

Real Betis signed Emana from Touluse, we wanted this kid very badly last year but couldn't come up with the money, I think they'll make a great midfield tandem with Mehmet Aurelio who went to Betis from the sewerbirds.

And Benfice has loaned out Adu to Monaco for a year, I think it's always good for young players to go to Ligue 1 when they're young, usually it's where they teach the best fundamentals.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    It seems Inter wants to counter Milan's Ronaldinho move with Quaresma...

Exactly how many languages do you speak?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Exactly how many languages do you speak?

I don't speak portugese I just have friends that do...I personally only speak three, and you gotta admit one doesn't have to be a professor of literature to understand sports newspapers no matter what the language

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't speak portugese I just have friends that do...I personally only speak three, and you gotta admit one doesn't have to be a professor of literature to understand sports newspapers no matter what the language
    I was asking because you're quoting foreign papers.

But, you do need some vocabulary to understand the idiotic play on words in the Titles: "C-Had a Job but Blew It"...etc

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    On another note, I read that Totti said he's considering coming out of international retirement.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was asking because you're quoting foreign papers.

But, you do need some vocabulary to understand the idiotic play on words in the Titles: "C-Had a Job but Blew It"...etc
    Yeah most of those go past me as if I was the newest patsie Anthony Clement trying to block...

And also french (which I speak assez bien), italian and spanish and to a lesser degree porteguese are very similar so even if you don't understand the full meaning you can surmise the general idea.

Like the page from Abola:

14 Million (Milhoes) for (para) Quaresma and put Inter and 4 Years (anos) eh viola Je parle Portugese...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this 150 mil euros for Kaka from Abramovich?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    How about this 150 mil euros for Kaka from Abramovich?
    absurd...No player is that good he's just playing CM/FM in real life...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah most of those go past me as if I was the newest patsie Anthony Clement trying to block...

And also french (which I speak assez bien), italian and spanish and to a lesser degree porteguese are very similar so even if you don't understand the full meaning you can surmise the general idea.

Like the page from Abola:

14 Million (Milhoes) for (para) Quaresma and put Inter and 4 Years (anos) eh viola Je parle Portugese...
    I can insult you in 5 languages, but speak only 2 1/2.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    absurd...No player is that good he's just playing CM/FM in real life...
    If I had that much money I would pick someone with better sounding name.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    If I had that much money I would pick someone with better sounding name.

Some more language lessons: Kaka literally means s.h.i.t in Turkish

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure it works that way in almost every language...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can insult you in 5 languages, but speak only 2 1/2.

http://www.insults.net/html/swear/

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This might come in handy to get around the TOS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure it works that way in almost every language...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just signed Fernando Meira from Stuttgart. He has 50 caps for Portugal and had been playing for Stuttgart for 6 years, the last two he was the captain of the team. He was one of the key players for Stuttgart when they won the Bundesliga a couple of years ago behind their defense which was the best in the league at the time.

I'm really excited about this transfer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Raoul: comments?

Liverpool FC in for French teenager David Ngog

Jul 21 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are set to sign teenage French forward David Ngog from Paris Saint Germain in a proposed £1.5m deal.

Rafa Benitez is ready to make the 19-year-old his fourth signing of the summer, coming hot on the heels of the acquisitions of Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena and Diego Cavalieri, as he re-shapes his squad for the coming season.

A fee has been agreed with PSG who have accepted defeat in their battle to keep the player as he enters the final year of his contract and terms have also been agreed with Ngog.

The cousin of former Newcastle United defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, Ngog has developed a reputation as one of the most promising young strikers in French football and despite only scoring a single goal for PSG last season he did enough to impress Liverpool’s scouts who had no hesitation in recommending him to Benitez.

Born in the Parisian suburb of Gennevilliers, Ngog has come through the ranks at PSG and made his debut last season.

Should the proposed deal go through later this week as expected Ngog will join up with his new team-mates after they have returned to Melwood from their Swiss training camp on Wednesday.

Liverpool also snapped up teenagers Vincent Lucas Weijl and Nikola Saric recently but while they will go into Gary Ablett’s reserve squad, Ngog has been earmarked for the first team.

Benitez is looking for more pace, movement and variety from his side in attack in the forthcoming season and the impending capture of Ngog fits into that strategy.

The move for the striker has no bearing on Liverpool’s bid to sign Robbie Keane and though the move for the Irishman is taking longer to be completed than first expected, senior Anfield figures remain confident a deal will be struck this week.

The transfer market is expected to hot up in the coming days and Liverpool will be busier than most with at least two potential signings in the pipeline and a number of Reds players up for grabs.

Jermaine Pennant has reiterated his desire to remain at Anfield but should Liverpool receive an offer which matches Benitez’s valuation he will be sold.

Similarly, Andriy Voronin continues to attract interest from German clubs and the Ukrainian’s Liverpool career looks to be drawing to a close despite getting his name on the scoresheet for the second game running in the 1-1 draw with Wisla Krakow.

Steven Gerrard and Degen missed that fixture as both are suffering from minor groin injuries. Degen should recover in time for tomorrow’s meeting with Hertha Berlin but Gerrard will again miss out.
    Deal was done today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    RD there are rumors in this part of the world that you guys are interested in signing Kezman from the sewerbirds, if that deal goes thru it'll be a huge mistake he has been sucking ass eversince he got here.

Please just leave him be...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    RD there are rumors in this part of the world that you guys are interested in signing Kezman from the sewerbirds, if that deal goes thru it'll be a huge mistake he has been sucking ass eversince he got here.

Please just leave him be...
    Yeah I heard. I don't want him. Typically the kind of guy that would get caught up in the nightlife IMO.

I also heard we were in the Itanje discussions. Now that I think about it, you guys can have him.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's actually pretty close to English slang for sh-t.

I'm American, and thus I only need to know one language because it's the best country in the world and all other languages are stupid. USA! USA! USA!